Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

JBL Amps and Infinity Basslink Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 10:09 PM
DanMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JBL Amps and Infinity Basslink Install

Hi,

I am going to install an infinity basslink and a JBL 4 channel amp in my friend's Z. He has the bose optional system.

I'm SURE this exact question has been answered many times, but I was unable to find clear instructions using the search.

The JBL amps AND the basslink have hi-level inputs (speaker level). I'm aware that even the Bose system has only hi-level outputs from the headunit. Where is the most convenient place to tap these outputs and how can I tell which wire is which.

If one of you could point me in the right direction or to the right thread, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks guys,

Dan
Old 04-21-2003, 03:12 AM
tonkadog

Probably the best place to tap the wires is towards the rear at either the actual speaker location, or you could trace the wiring harness back to a centeral location and tap it there. Unfortunately, I don't remember how the harness runs.

To determine the polarity, I use a 9v battery and the factory speaker. Run a wire between the + on the battery to one terminal on the speaker, and another wire from the - on the battery to the other terminal. Watch the speaker cone - if it pushes out, the terminal hooked to the + on the battery is the positive lead. If the cone pushes in, the terminal with the - wire is the positive lead. Then all you need to do is look at the factory wires to determine which is which. Right and left rear speakers use different color coded wires, so if you use this, you will have to pull both rear speakers to get it right.
Old 04-21-2003, 09:44 AM
DanMan

Well, since its a bose system, shouldn't all of the speaker outputs be readily accesable at the bose amp in the trunk? Or is that only for the subwoofer?

Thanks again guys.

Dan