Nook color install - Page 2 - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

Old 02-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #21
rharms77

Well as long as my tablet gets here this weekend, thats my evening project. Looking forward to doing it, for sure!
rharms77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #22
HockeyZ39

It ended up being a 3 day project for me. I had a Farenheit screen before and it was literally a direct fit with zero modification so I expected a much easier install than it actually was.

Depending on the tablet you may need a right angle mini sub connector or a right angle 3.5mm cable. I ended up having to crack open my nooks mini usb and relocating the attached small PCB for an easier fit.
HockeyZ39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #23
rharms77

Thanks for the tip. I was thinking that may be the situation. Once I get the tablet, I'm gonna have to open it up to relocate the power button anyway, so I may just do that as well.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #24
rharms77

So I'm finding my 07 is not very compatible for this build. The cubby set up is quite different than the 03, and I've had cut tons of material out to get it to fit. On top of that,the entire tablet is visible, not just the screen like in the original poster's pictures. I'm working now on cutting out a flat piece of black plastic and trying to turn it into some sort of bezel. I foresee a lot of work left...
Old 02-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #25
goracerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharms77 View Post
So I'm finding my 07 is not very compatible for this build. The cubby set up is quite different than the 03, and I've had cut tons of material out to get it to fit. On top of that,the entire tablet is visible, not just the screen like in the original poster's pictures. I'm working now on cutting out a flat piece of black plastic and trying to turn it into some sort of bezel. I foresee a lot of work left...
I think A 5" GPS for the newer models with the pop up cubby would work. I would go with the new Garmin that looks like a cell phone.

For the Nook on the new models the easiest and most expensive way is replacing the center console with the one that's made for OEM NAV.

I took my cubby box out and could not figure out how to mount my 7" Magellan. I have it squeezed in there for now until I break down and buy the OEM NAV console.
goracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #26
rharms77

I'm going to finish this install up, then down the road look into getting the oem nav cubby. If nothing else, maybe I can custom something up. I really dont want to use the oem nav, nor any of the other in dash nav's. I'm coming from a Pioneer Avic D3, and had nothing but problems with it over the 4 years I've owned the car.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #27
bikinilust

Any updated pix during the day?
Would like to see fitment in better lighting if possible
bikinilust is offline   Reply With Quote