iPad MINI Install...Lots of pics - Page 3 - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion



Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2014, 06:52 PM   #41
yogipower
Registered User
iTrader: (16)
 
yogipower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,103
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

+ I wish you can make some more so I can buy them from you! forgot to mention earlier, thanks for sharing! I really want this set up ha..
yogipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:37 PM   #42
cmcurran5
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
cmcurran5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 1,557
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

if i send you my waterfall will you do this for me!? I've been toying with ideas on how to do this!
cmcurran5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:22 AM   #43
njnismo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

CM, I have the dash for my 350 NISMO I can send to you, if you want? BUT, again, it's for an iPad AIR and not mini. It has a Sony MEX-BT4100 installed in the dash/center piece.

If you want it, I'll send it to you for 600. I had a flood a few weeks back in NJ, and the 350Z was totaled/flooded. USAA said ANY water damage is an automatic total loss, after Hurricane Sandy.

I picked up a 370 NISMO 2 weeks ago. I'll attach a pic of the 350 (Copper/Orange color) and a pic of the 370 NISMO (Black). Also, I'll attach a pic of the center dash again with the iPad Air mold.

The center mold has a 30 pin to lighting adapter for the iPad air already molded into it.

P.S. If you are looking to upgrade let me know and I'll give you the name and number of the gentleman I bought my NISMO from. The dealership is in Hampton, VA. Great Military discounts. If I tell you the price you'll jump off a building wondering how he gave the price he did.
Attached Thumbnails
iPad MINI Install...Lots of pics-img_7704.jpg   iPad MINI Install...Lots of pics-img_5099.jpg   iPad MINI Install...Lots of pics-img_4076.jpg   iPad MINI Install...Lots of pics-img_4026.jpg   iPad MINI Install...Lots of pics-img_0060.jpg  

iPad MINI Install...Lots of pics-img_0059.jpg   iPad MINI Install...Lots of pics-img_4014.jpg  
njnismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:35 PM   #44
cmcurran5
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
cmcurran5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 1,557
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

thanks but i was hoping for the mini to mount behind the dash. and if i didn't have a wedding in 7 months and buying a house in 2 months i would upgrade in a heartbeat lol
cmcurran5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:48 PM   #45
dcains
Registered User
iTrader: (15)
 
dcains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lutz, FL
Posts: 5,091
Thanked 421 Times in 333 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnismo View Post
CM, I have the dash for my 350 NISMO I can send to you, if you want? BUT, again, it's for an iPad AIR and not mini. It has a Sony MEX-BT4100 installed in the dash/center piece.

If you want it, I'll send it to you for 600. I had a flood a few weeks back in NJ, and the 350Z was totaled/flooded. USAA said ANY water damage is an automatic total loss, after Hurricane Sandy.

I picked up a 370 NISMO 2 weeks ago. I'll attach a pic of the 350 (Copper/Orange color) and a pic of the 370 NISMO (Black). Also, I'll attach a pic of the center dash again with the iPad Air mold.

The center mold has a 30 pin to lighting adapter for the iPad air already molded into it.

P.S. If you are looking to upgrade let me know and I'll give you the name and number of the gentleman I bought my NISMO from. The dealership is in Hampton, VA. Great Military discounts. If I tell you the price you'll jump off a building wondering how he gave the price he did.
How did you get the gauge display on the Kenwood in the Nismo? Some sort of OBD2 link?
dcains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:46 PM   #46
njnismo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcains View Post
How did you get the gauge display on the Kenwood in the Nismo? Some sort of OBD2 link?
Dcains,

I installed a Mastro Rr from iDatalink. It was actually pretty easy. Jump a few pins in the rear where the spare tire goes, and connect the cam high and low and the radio is now able to completely control everything in the car (e.g. air controls, speed controls, tire pressure readings etc); however, Kenwood has that locked down to where it's compatibility is only guaranteed with them.

The ONLY factory item the iDatalink can't maintain is the bluetooth factory Mic with the 370. I'm not sure about the 350, though.

Pioneer REALLY sucks, and if I had a choice I would've thrown that Avic out the window, but I took out the 350 and put it in the Navigator because I spent to much money on it, lol.
njnismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:49 PM   #47
njnismo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcurran5 View Post
thanks but i was hoping for the mini to mount behind the dash. and if i didn't have a wedding in 7 months and buying a house in 2 months i would upgrade in a heartbeat lol
CM,

A house is DEFINITELY more important. Besides, I'm sure you can order a slider kit from Soundman in Cali, and that's only 250 bucks for the iPad mini Slider kit.

Any body shop can help you put it in, and would probably only charge you 50 bucks or so. You can actually get the paint in a can and spray it up afterwords, and it'll look perfect.
njnismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:50 PM   #48
dcains
Registered User
iTrader: (15)
 
dcains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lutz, FL
Posts: 5,091
Thanked 421 Times in 333 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnismo View Post
Dcains,

I installed a Mastro Rr from iDatalink. It was actually pretty easy. Jump a few pins in the rear where the spare tire goes, and connect the cam high and low and the radio is now able to completely control everything in the car (e.g. air controls, speed controls, tire pressure readings etc); however, Kenwood has that locked down to where it's compatibility is only guaranteed with them.

The ONLY factory item the iDatalink can't maintain is the bluetooth factory Mic with the 370. I'm not sure about the 350, though.

Pioneer REALLY sucks, and if I had a choice I would've thrown that Avic out the window, but I took out the 350 and put it in the Navigator because I spent to much money on it, lol.
Thanks for the info, Definitely a neat mod, and something I'll look into.
dcains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:58 AM   #49
njnismo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcains View Post
Thanks for the info, Definitely a neat mod, and something I'll look into.
No problem. Let me know if you install it yourself, I'll help if you have any questions... Might be best to take it to a shop; however, because iDatlink has a direct line for licensed dealers in case of issues, and normally, the ONLY issue is the correct software the dealers upload to the Maestro. In that case, iDatalink can view through a mobile server what software was installed in the Maestro to insure factory steering settings are correct.
njnismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:48 AM   #50
Syner
Registered User
 
Syner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Alberta
Posts: 22,768
Thanked 821 Times in 639 Posts
Default

I missed this thread. Amazing work!
Syner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:02 AM   #51
samsniss350z
Registered User
 
samsniss350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: planet earth
Posts: 1,443
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Default

You've done a fantastic job and you're right about the black paint that you used. It looks great and helps to break up the dash. A really good job well done.
samsniss350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:31 PM   #52
billydabiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Riverside California
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Could I do the same thing with a cubby door and push button ? Maybe a little smaller screen. will do the trick???
billydabiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:14 PM   #53
yogipower
Registered User
iTrader: (16)
 
yogipower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,103
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydabiller View Post
Could I do the same thing with a cubby door and push button ? Maybe a little smaller screen. will do the trick???
that would be 7" like samsung tab. i dont think ipad mini would fit 100%.. thats why im doing with tab instead of mini...
yogipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #54
Steelcyclone
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 167
Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Here's my attempt at this, before doing this I had 0 experience with fiberglass resin/matting 0 experience with body filler and never touched a dremel/cutting tool before in my life. Once I saw OP dash and how nice it looked I figure I would just give it a shot see how it looks. Took me about a month to do this cause I didn't read the instructions properly, so I didn't put enough harder in the resin and it ended up taking over a week to fully cure. (And that's in arizona heat 90+) Once it cured I put body filler on to even everything out, but no matter what I did I had this line where the fiberglass meets the plastic and couldn't get rid of it. Spent hours and hours sanding and reapplying more body filler but it never went away. Ended up showing through the paint so I was about to call it a fail and scrap the project, but then I figured I try to just wrap it. Again something new to me as I have never wrapped anything in vinyl before. I think at the end it came out "OK" enough for me. I need to rewrap the dash eventually but it's not a complete eye sore now cause you can't see the line around the fiberglass anymore.

Don't mind the stereo, I threw away the metra dash kit by mistake when I was cutting plastic. Had all my plastic trash in a shoe box and must of had the metra kit in there too and without looking I threw the whole thing away. Need to buy a new one.

Oh and Thank you OP cause without your awesome write up and pictures I would never have had the courage to even attempt this, Thanks.

Name:  IMAG0175_zps06d0bdb0.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  63.3 KB

Name:  IMAG0176_zpsacce7eae.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  97.4 KB

Name:  IMAG0177_zps8286ae2b.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  69.4 KB

Last edited by Steelcyclone; 08-28-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Steelcyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 04:53 PM   #55
Brett Kime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: bowling green
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelcyclone View Post
Here's my attempt at this, before doing this I had 0 experience with fiberglass resin/matting 0 experience with body filler and never touched a dremel/cutting tool before in my life. Once I saw OP dash and how nice it looked I figure I would just give it a shot see how it looks. Took me about a month to do this cause I didn't read the instructions properly, so I didn't put enough harder in the resin and it ended up taking over a week to fully cure. (And that's in arizona heat 90+) Once it cured I put body filler on to even everything out, but no matter what I did I had this line where the fiberglass meets the plastic and couldn't get rid of it. Spent hours and hours sanding and reapplying more body filler but it never went away. Ended up showing through the paint so I was about to call it a fail and scrap the project, but then I figured I try to just wrap it. Again something new to me as I have never wrapped anything in vinyl before. I think at the end it came out "OK" enough for me. I need to rewrap the dash eventually but it's not a complete eye sore now cause you can't see the line around the fiberglass anymore.

Don't mind the stereo, I threw away the metra dash kit by mistake when I was cutting plastic. Had all my plastic trash in a shoe box and must of had the metra kit in there too and without looking I threw the whole thing away. Need to buy a new one.

Oh and Thank you OP cause without your awesome write up and pictures I would never have had the courage to even attempt this, Thanks.





How did you wire up your setup? Currently doing one with nexus 7
Brett Kime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:53 PM   #56
beezee
Registered User
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 1,862
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Working on a nexus 7 install as well. Google nexus 7 car install. Lots of help and info all over various forums. Just make sure you don't update to latest android. That way you can easily root it to be able to use all available and useful Tasker options and Timur's rom
beezee is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Al's 400rwhp, Stardast Flared, Shaved Bay, Bagged Z Build Thread 350Z_Al Exterior & Interior 131 08-29-2017 05:01 PM
FS: 2003 Touring Edition 350z-6MT-2Tone-40K Miles - $14k - NJ ars88 Zs & Gs For Sale 18 04-04-2016 07:52 AM
FS: AMS Aluminum Crank Pulley Fixxxercask Engine 6 11-09-2015 11:10 AM
FS: Upper Radiator Hose w/temp sensor fitting Fixxxercask Cooling System 2 11-05-2015 03:21 AM
My350z Featured Car of The Month? Tochigi_236 Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum 8 09-27-2015 03:40 PM


Tags
2004, 350z, car, frame, g35, insta, install, ipad, mini, mount, navagation, nissan, pad, picture, replacement

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:08 AM.


Copyright 2002 - 2017, MY350Z.COM All Rights Reserved.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: