Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

Dyno Results - Hi-Tech

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 12:44 AM
apsilon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I too am a sceptic they are offering a 14 day satisfaction guarantee. If anyone wanted to be the guinea pig arrange a dyno run in the morning at an independant shop, get the powerchip upgrade then go back to the dyno for a second run in the afternoon. It'll show any improvements. You've then still got two weeks to decide if the driveability has been effected.

As I stated earlier I'll wait for a plug in solution.

BTW Finally, FINALLY, got to drive my Z this afternoon, straight off the truck, still had the paint protection sheets etc on it. Will be picking it up late tomorrow or first thing Sat depending on other commitments. Certainly hope it's tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:02 AM
SHIFTZ

ooooo so close apsilon. Congrats dude. Be sure to post some pics when u get it, and give a thorough assessment of how the car feels, etc.

What mods, if any, r u thinking of fitting???

After the small revelation i had that proved what Nathan was saying was correct....that our dynos r diff to US's.....i wouldnt bother guys with this Powerchip thing.

Spend the money on an intake instead.....mmmm a polished injen
Old 05-01-2003, 07:10 PM
apsilon

Originally posted by SHIFTZ
ooooo so close apsilon. Congrats dude. Be sure to post some pics when u get it, and give a thorough assessment of how the car feels, etc.

What mods, if any, r u thinking of fitting???
Two hours until pick up.

As for mods I don't think I'll do a lot this time around, grounding kit will be fitted this afternoon or tomorrow morning. I'm also going to swap the smoked front reflectors for white to match the rest of the car and window tint of course.

After that some TE37s to make up for us being ripped off on the Track Rays, Nismo nose to get rid of that huge plate bracket and sideskirts to match, an exhuast, probably the S Tune kit and that's about all that's planned. Depending on whats released however some other things may find their way in.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:43 PM
SHIFTZ

Sounds good apsilon

Ive seen alot of pics of Z's on this forum with those TE37 alloys, seems every1 in the US loves em. I personally think they look a bit too plain, kinda too pseudo-racer. I love the alloys on the car in the gallery under the name KILLAZ...20" Zenetti Mystiks I think im the only person here who prefers the stock track 18s to the Rays LOL!

The S-Tune is a great idea. The drop in height is just about perfect, without that toe-in look u get with the Eibachs.

On the topic of grounding kit, maybe ZZZ-35 could help out here, what exactly does it do, i dont understand how grounding wires adds extra power
Old 05-02-2003, 12:17 AM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think im the only person here who prefers the stock track 18s to the Rays LOL!
Even though I would of rathered the Rays for both performance and re-sale value, I prefer the look of the Track wheels
Old 05-02-2003, 01:22 AM
apsilon

Got my Z Finally ran out of fuel so had to stop driving j/k

I'll post my impressions tomorrow. Too much on my mind right now.

I've always liked the TE37, I like the basic look of them. They're not flashy, just a nice performance look. I like the Track Rays but I'm not paying $4500 for them. I'll pay a bit more and get what I really want instead.

The gallery here has never worked for me. I just get the little x for all the pics. Doesn't bother me.

Grounding kit doesn't really add power. It's just providing additional grounding. In theory that allows cleaner signals to the ECU which should give more accurate readings and an overall improvement in smoothness. You do get a couple of kw more due to these reasons but it's not why I wanted one. We've always used them in the past so I'm just sticking with what I know.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:29 AM
SHIFTZ

MR RIZK

True, the Rays would add a bit more handling finess on a track with the reduced unsprung weight, but i was told by a mechanic in the know that this low weight actually induces more axle tramp when u spin the rear wheels.....not really a big deal tho i know. Tho isnt ideal for me, since im looking forward to using that low end torque to light up the rears at every green light

Apsilon

I understand now what u mean about grounding to clean up the ECU data flow, however i still cant stop thinking it may be a placebo. Does look good in the engine bay tho, has ne1 seen Skidazzles engine bay????

On a diff note, just got back from watching an advanced screening of matrix 2.....and i do believe i saw a Z! LOL, kick *** movie.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:48 PM
apsilon

We've always used grounding kits on our cars but then we're talking about aftermarket ECUs that like the additional grounding. It's not uncommon to see 10rwkw improvement with additional/proper grounding on a highly modded and tuned car. I also run additonal grounds on old cars, they often need all the help they can get. It may do nothing on the Z but it won't hurt anything either.

Yes there is a Z in Matrix 2
Old 05-06-2003, 05:13 AM
MR RIZK

While at Sydney Auto Salon I asked Lambros about the muffler for the Z as I saw a dyno sheet of nath's on display. They mentiined that even though the exhaust showed an initial improvment the gain decreased over time as the sensors in the cats where picking up different readings and inturn modified the ecu maps accordingly.

He mentioned that possibly fitting cats with different internal holes ie: "The flow rate of the cat" might help the situation.

Any ideas ?

PS: If the lingo aint correct please correct
Old 05-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Nathan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No exhaust system in the world is going to give huge gains in power with the original 3 way cats fitted.

The system that Lambros Hi Tech made up for our race car definitly makes good gains but we do not run cats.

What Lambros does is design a good looking system that sounds good & allways makes gains. Some large some small , depending on how good the original was.
He also manages to supply at a price considerably cheaper than & imported system & further more gives probably the best warranty in the world. His Reputation.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:53 AM
nismor33

Hey there,

Well I am right in the middle of testing this all out.

Dyno run complete, muffler fitted. Figures to come soon. We will wait a week or two and then re test and see if the ECU does in fact reduce.

ODBII as I understand it on all the current Nissans will adjust and lose the gains. Lets prove it !

Anyway we will develop many options for the Z and test it all out.

Emails soon!

Mike
Old 05-12-2003, 05:01 PM
apsilon

FWIW I saw another dyno chart for an Aussie Z. 164rwkw. Just a difference in dynos IMO but thought I'd mention it.
Old 05-12-2003, 08:22 PM
Z350Lover

Originally posted by apsilon
I've always liked the TE37, I like the basic look of them. They're not flashy, just a nice performance look. I like the Track Rays but I'm not paying $4500 for them. I'll pay a bit more and get what I really want instead.
Aps, you will need to pay a lot more just for TE37 18" with the right offset to make our z looks nice... since those wheels are quite new and I was quoted around 6500 just for the wheels in melbourne... I might be able to get a bit cheaper than that, but I don't think that would be much cheaper if we get those in australia! That's why I didn't want to spend time finding those wheels overseas and waiting for them to arrive, so I chose my best alternative- factory rays instead...

cheers,

richie
Old 05-12-2003, 08:43 PM
apsilon

There's nothing wrong with the Nissan Rays, if they'd been say $2k as an option I would probably have gone for those and been happy enough. But for $4.5k I'd rather spend the $6.5k+ to get the ones I really want instead.

Right now Rays wheels are expensive in Aust (not to say they're cheap elsewhere) because the people who are selling them are bringing them in themselves. I've been in contact with Rays in Japan and an official Australian distributor is in the process of being appointed. That should lead to slightly lower prices. If not then I have no problem with bringing them in from Japan.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:22 AM
SHIFTZ

wow $6,500 is alot of money, but so is the dealer $4,500. It would be good if the dealer bought back the original alloys. U'd think touring owners would want the 18s.

Is it just the look everyone wants in the Rays alloys, or the weight saving??? I ask because there is a wheel called EXOTIC2 that looks exactly the same, and available up to 19" for 1/4 of the price of the Rays. Not sure who manufactures it, but c the wheel all the time in those rim adds in Hot Fours, etc. Its probably a no name Aus made wheel.

mmm u know what would look good on the Z, a set of ROH Adrenalins....not my fave brand of rim but in shadow chrome with those open spokes showing off the gold brembos....yum!!!

If i only could photoshop
Old 05-13-2003, 03:30 AM
apsilon

For me it's primarily the weight but it is a good looking wheel as well. There are other light weight wheels but the look just isn't right for me. This isn't at the top of my mods list however. Who knows, maybe I'll find something else in the mean time
Old 05-13-2003, 04:43 AM
MR RIZK

mmm u know what would look good on the Z, a set of ROH Adrenalins....not my fave brand of rim but in shadow chrome with those open spokes showing off the gold brembos....yum!!!

If i only could photoshop
This was a 5 minute photochop. Roh rims and lowered a tad
Attached Thumbnails Dyno Results - Hi-Tech-350-front-side-2.jpg  
Old 05-13-2003, 07:53 AM
SHIFTZ

WOW

Thanks MR RIZK, do u think it looks ne good?ofcourse in person they would look alot better, but problem is biggest size Adrenalins r 18"

Could u photo shop another set of alloys for me.....Zenetti Mystiks. These have my vote atm....after i found out what Maido alloys will cost in Aus dollars LOL
Old 05-13-2003, 07:54 AM
SHIFTZ

woooops forgot the pic......
Attached Thumbnails Dyno Results - Hi-Tech-mystik-ch-side.jpg  
Old 05-14-2003, 12:38 AM
MR RIZK

I'm not 2 good at this. I think I will stick with engineering
Attached Thumbnails Dyno Results - Hi-Tech-350-front-side-3.jpg  

Quick Reply: Dyno Results - Hi-Tech