Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

Dragged a Z...so funny!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 01:14 AM
ZEXC-33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragged a Z...so funny!!!

Just quickly for those ppl in US, the Z is still a very rare site on Aus roads, and all speeds r in km/h

Now for the legal matters......i do not condone drag racing on public roads, and strictly adhere to posted speed limits now with the onslaught of draconian ticketing, but hey, theres still no law as to how quickly u get to the posted limit

I was driving home from uni in my mums new SLK320, it only has 1800kms on it, when i c this black Z up ahead. I changed lanes to get up along side it and the lights change red so we both stop.

He looked to be in his late thirties, and had his window down. I saw him looking over so i put the window down and yelled nice car, im really interested in buying one. He just turned his head away from me, put his window up and start revving it LOL

The lights went green so i carpeted it. I got a good jump on him and he was trailing just behind me up to around 65-70. Couldnt really here the Z over the Mercs engine note, but i did here a fain chirp from 1st to 2nd. I could c the front of his car in my side mirror.....gave me a good opportunity to check out the hot NON HID debate (the headlights looked a bit like projectors, with the light changing color, but not as much as the Audi A4s for eg).

Neway we're approaching the 80 limit, and he was starting to draw me in, so i eased off and braked. He speed past me

Pretty funny stuff. I have never really seen a Z up close on the road before. God it looked good, but the black just doesnt accentuate the lines as good as silver . And i guess if i kept the boot in, he would have passed me at 100. I was suprised how quick the little SLK was tho, and a real spunky deep exhaust burble at high rpms.

Now time for the "u lie" posts and great debate.