Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

Aussie letter of complaint to Nissan Aust.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 10:09 PM
nang3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for that Zuff, il check it out
Old 07-11-2004, 08:14 PM
peruvic

I'd really like to sign that letter - my April 03 car has the tire feathering problem and it's getting worse...
Old 07-12-2004, 06:43 AM
nuff

peruvic, did you check your front wheel alignment?
Old 08-15-2004, 12:16 AM
apsilon

Does anyone want to take up the cause and write this letter? I'm clearly not going to get it done anytime soon (and as I'm no longer an owner probably shouldn't take part). If there's no interest I'll drop it from being a sticky.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:48 PM
harvey

I'd be delighted to contribute to a letter & sign off.

Its a pity we are all annoyed about these faults in an otherwise great car. Personally I try not to think about the problems most of the time so as not to spoil the joy - but when the car visits the dealer for service, it becomes an issue, not so much because of the fault, but the unsatisfactory response gets up my nose.

I bought the car knowing & expecting its faults & I'm only disappointed with the lack of progress towards a real solution, Nissan's apparant comtempt for customers & their dealer's ignorance & inability to represent the customer in getting solutions from Nissan.

My Jan 2004 car has 10000km on it now & has had tyre feathering & the noise since 5000. I have advised Ferntree Gully Nissan & they first said Nissan Aust was claiming there was no problem with Australian cars!
FTG Nissan has this week offered to swap the tyres side to side & check alignment.

We have all seen enough of the Nissan policy of stuffing the customer around, rather than delivering a real solution & I'd sooner put up with the noise in the short term than risk the dealer damaging wheels swapping tyres side to side every 5000km.

Apart from the tyres my only other complaint is rattles in the dash which, having never had any success with any dealer fixing rattles, I will sort myself when I have time.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:01 PM
nuff

If you have the tire feathering problem, I've mine toe in/out set to 0mm, get them to set your toe in to 1 or 0mm. It seem to work for me at the moment. Also remember that if you set your toe to 0mm your steering wheel will behave funky when you are turning at slow speed, like parking.

Personaly I wouldn't trust nissan to set your alignment right. Get some one who you trust to do it.
Old 09-11-2004, 02:00 PM
apsilon

Unstickied.

If anyone wants to take up the cause in the future I'll re stick it or a new thread.
Old 09-11-2004, 03:22 PM
frosty

Nissan Aus now has a TSB on the subject - demand to see it at your dealer's !

FROZTY
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
untitled 2a.bmp (3.4 KB, 39 views)
Old 09-12-2004, 02:43 AM
KY350

Originally posted by harvey
We have all seen enough of the Nissan policy of stuffing the customer around, rather than delivering a real solution & I'd sooner put up with the noise in the short term than risk the dealer damaging wheels swapping tyres side to side every 5000km.

Apart from the tyres my only other complaint is rattles in the dash which, having never had any success with any dealer fixing rattles, I will sort myself when I have time.
The tyre noise will only get worse as the tyre gets more km under it. I don't have feathering, but my tyres are bloody noisy. So instead of just replacing my worn rears and putting up with the noise, I have decided to replace all 4 tyres, despite having at least 50% tread left on the front, in a effort to eliminate the annoying tyre roar.

If I was in your situation however, with signs of feathering, I would get my dealer to rotate the tyres. If you don't do that, then down the track, when the noise becomes unbearable and you complain to the dealer, Nissan will deny any responsibility due to the fact that you did not allow the dealer to rotate the tyres as recommended to you.

Also, I would not worry about the dealer damaging the wheels or car. Every time I hand over my car to the dealer, the dealer rep must note any damage to the car on the service documentation that I sign. If the dealer does damage to your mags and the damage was not identified by the dealer when you handed them the car, then the dealer has an obligation to fix the damage at its own expense. I have had a personal experience with such damage done by a Holden dealer to my mum's car. Dealer denied all responsibility for the damage, and service manager and Dealer Principle refused to speak to me about the damage. However, 2 hour of arguing later and refusing to pay a service bill, the dealer caved in and agreed to pay for repairs.
If you have a camera phone, it may be wise to take a photo of all panels / wheels when you submit the car for service as this will remain you proof of the condition of the car at the time of handing it over to the dealer. No doubt the dealer will see you taking photos of the car and will ask you why. When you tell them why, they will think that you're a d!ckhead, but because they know you have photographic evidence, they will treat your car with extra care and attention.
Old 09-12-2004, 02:46 AM
KY350

Originally posted by frosty
Nissan Aus now has a TSB on the subject - demand to see it at your dealer's !

FROZTY
Frosty - have you had your feathering issue solved???
Old 09-19-2004, 08:17 PM
nsw350z

My car is in for service tomorrow. I have been offered the tyre fix - side to side...what a joke!
Old 09-19-2004, 11:58 PM
KY350

That's just the first part of the process Nissan will put you through. I doubt that it will resolve your problem so you will be able to bleat to Nissan again shortly. Eventually, they should replace the front tyres, though you may have to chip in towards meeting some of the cost of the tyres depending on your mileage.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:13 AM
mchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by harvey
Ryde Nissan fixed a few of my rattles from exhaust heat shield, and dash mounts for free in my 03 Zed with around 12000km. And I had aftermarket suspension installed as well.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:16 AM
nsw350z

Nissan attitude is to delay the inevitable with the tyres. That way when they agree to replace the tyres, you will have a lot of wear on them so you will pay for almost all the new tyres. In other words, above wholesale price so that they lose nothing. BTW, I told them they should change their signs to the new name given on the web sites "NISSHIT". The service manager was stunned!!!! He also said taht my car was the first they had seen with tyre roar. These guys should star in a comedy festival. The service manager could not/did not want to see that moving tyres was simply a temporary noise reducer.