Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

Expressing Interests on Recaro Seats!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 05:07 PM
zuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I much prefer a good seat and a helmet over side airbags!
Old 07-29-2004, 05:08 PM
Z350Lover

nuff:

The harness to disable the side airbags from Nismo is around 55 AUD per unit.... not including shipping... and I am sure we can order those in blokes, so can definitely share the shipping!

I have already asked my insurance about it.... they are fine with those seats... as long as the rails are designed for the car....

zuff:

The shop (as I mentioned earlier, my source) will do the installation for free without a problem..... and we can all go in and take a look at those seats and even sit on it before we buy! They even have the leather EVO seats in Black (center is cloth, the rests are in leather)... and also found out the rails from Recaro is 250 each... so now.. it all depends on how many are we buying.... the more the cheaper...

cheers,

richie
Old 07-29-2004, 05:30 PM
Z350Lover

Originally posted by nuff
But I'm still unsure if I want to go through the pain of owning bucket seats. How comftible are they on long drives? I do them all the time. Also, how easy it is to get in and out of the car in tight spaces like car parks.
nuff:

The semi-bucket seats aren't stiff at all, they are just like your Zed seats, but with greater supports, you can ask DavidC about it because he has a pair in his car, he loves them!.... so they are good for daily like us! But if you want to go extreme to full bucket seat.... they even have Full bucket seats available as well... but it will be in the next bloke of shipment...

AND.... I am gathering people for goup buy in various forums.... so hopefully we can be able to get down to a VERY VERY cheap price!

cheers,

richie
Old 07-29-2004, 05:36 PM
harryw

Richie, providing the issue with the legality can be sorted and the final price is "Very good" I would be interested.

It would depend on the final cost as changing the seats out, even though the OEM's are crap, is not high on my list of priorities.

As always

H

Last edited by harryw; 07-29-2004 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:43 PM
Z350Lover

harryw:

Understand that... we will need to ask whether or not it is "legal" to have those seats (original) out as they have air bags inserted in...

We might need to ask David about it though.... he has more knowledge on this matter!...

As what I said in the first post, this thread is used to just express the interest on the seat (with the cheap price)... I will want to make sure that those seats are geniune recaros as well before we go ahead with the purchase! I am told that the seats are made by Recaro factory and have the recaro logo on the seats too... I will need to varify all of these to protect all of us before we even spend a penny!!! Don't wanna destroy my reputation if that's a phony stuff!

cheers,

richie
Old 07-29-2004, 05:44 PM
Moroccan_Mole

just a suggestion guys, im not sure if they have the same line of seats in australia. if you're going to be doing any track driving, i would suggest a bucket seat. the reclineable seats are really not that supportive.

i have the pole-position spg buckets and they are great. for me atleast, the buckets are fine for daily driving. it's somewhat difficult to get in and out at first, but now it's like second nature and i don't even notice it; i slide the seat back almost all the way to get in and out, since i don't have a removeable steering wheel.
some passengers (mostly girls) do complain about getting in and out and usually hit the outside bolster getting in.

the seats are super supportive. they hold you in place without bieng restrictive ... if that makes any sense. also, the dimensions are great for people that are a little wider in the hip/butt area, like me .

http://www.recaro-nao.com/index_frames.html

Last edited by Moroccan_Mole; 07-29-2004 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:27 PM
nang3

Originally posted by WhiteZed
hahaha , if it was her decision i would of had an RX8

she wanted me to get an RX8
i wanted the ZED

i never gave the rx8 a chance..

anyone driven one ???
yeh id still have my 4.8 Patrol if the GF had a say in the matter - that or the pink S2000 from 2F2F mwahahahha ..

hehe yeh i drove an RX8 - the silver demo they had at Jason Mazda in Ozzy park... it actually wasnt too bad, but after driving a Z it really seemed like a chicks car - i mean it was quiet and practical and felt all 'delicate' or something hahahaa . . .

it just didnt have the same feel or sound as the Z, and although it revved a lot higher, it felt a lot slower and like a lot of people have said, it felt like you'd have to keep it above 6000rpm to get anywhere reasonably quick...

plus the salesmen were pretty rude and didnt take me seriously at all.. so **** em i say !
Old 07-29-2004, 08:14 PM
Z350Lover

leather seat...
Attached Thumbnails Expressing Interests on Recaro Seats!!!!-leather.jpg  
Old 07-29-2004, 09:03 PM
harryw

Richie, are these leather seats heated? Just kidding!

Do they have lumbar and thigh adjustment, and more importantly, do you know if they actually fit in the car?

As always

H
Old 07-29-2004, 11:52 PM
Z350Lover

harry:

I assume that they will fit into our cars.... because I have seen bride Brix seats in already and also DavidC's recaros fit very well in his, so I think there shouldn't be any problem... we will need to inspect the seats before we buy that... and of course, would like to fit one to see if they actually fit in! we wouldn't wanna get anything that does not work!

cheers,

richie
Old 07-30-2004, 05:14 AM
DavidM

leather seat...

I like that one. Do you know what that one will cost (with ralls and installed) for two seats?

I like the shape of that one .... so would be happy even without leather. Does it come only with leather?
Old 07-30-2004, 02:25 PM
Z350Lover

Hello David,

I believe the price for the leather seats will be very similar to the price that I posted earlier, but I will confirm that for you. I think this seat is the same as the last picture that I posted in the beginning though (black and red clotch)... but instead, it looks a lot better in leather...

cheers,

richie
Old 07-30-2004, 04:09 PM
zuff

DavidM go the the recaro site posted above...you can check this seat out and look at it in every available colour.

I personaly would prefer a lumbar adjustment. It's a daily driver for me so the more adjustment the better.
Old 08-01-2004, 07:20 PM
DavidM

Any idea (yet) about the cost of the rails as well as fitting? Also what about the weight, do you know how much they weight (that is the seat as well as the bracket)?

ps. Is the $900 price set already? Or will it vary from seat to seat? ie. will the leatehr seat cost the same as the other seats?

Last edited by DavidM; 08-01-2004 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:01 PM
Z350Lover

It is about 250 per rail... and as for the fitting, it will be free of charge by the shop.

900 price tag is not yet set, and will give you more information when I actually check out the seats (for the autentication).... leather seats are not in this shipment according to the source, but it will be in the next shipment...

You guys are also welcome to come alone to check those seats out when they are here...

cheers,

richie
Old 08-08-2004, 02:31 AM
mchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Richie,

How long is this offer available?
Old 08-08-2004, 06:21 AM
Z350Lover

I haven't seen the seats yet.... heard that those seats will be here soon in these few weeks.... so it might be happening soon.... I really hope those are real recaro too!!! I cannot wait to see those seats now!

cheers,

richie