Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

Let The Transformation Begin

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 03:46 AM
ZZZ-35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let The Transformation Begin

I dropped off my car today to the Turbo doctor himself (Peter) at APS to begin the transformation from a mid 14sec car into a mid 12sec car (thats if this driver can get his act together), the first kits are ready for shipment to the US all but one. I'm in Perth tomorrow for the rest of the week and hope to be back to Melb. early next week ready to pick my 350Z TT.

Just got a quote from Shannon's for insurance today and boy was I pleased just $300 more than I'm paying now, so clean living does payoff .

Will give you all a run down on how it all goes, APS's work is top shelve so the install should go well, I'll post dyno's as soon as I can should intesting to see what it gets at the wheels. I'm hoping around 270 - 280rwkw.

Anyone in Perth like to meet up and have coffee, chew the fat : I'm staying at The Sebel on Pier Street, maybe this could the first informal Perth gathering??????

David
Attached Thumbnails Let The Transformation Begin-apstt.jpg  
Old 10-04-2004, 04:48 AM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That’s fantastic news David. Hope all goes well.

The only thing I was disappointed about was the costing of the kit compared to the US. The introductory price was around MSRP $7500 which is about AUD$11000 but when quoted by Peter it was costing around AUD$15000+ (can't remember if this was fitted). Further to that it was mentioned that the pre-orders were finalised. 2 weeks later on the forums it’s mentioned that there is still quite a few places left to order. WTF?

All I hope is that you got a good price on it since there are no duties and shipping involved.

Anyway David it is a fantastic kit and hope it performs to your expectations but for me I have going with a SC.

Michael
Old 10-04-2004, 04:54 AM
Perth 350z

Happy to catch up David. When's suitable for you??

Nick
Old 10-04-2004, 05:43 AM
lionking

A beautiful lookin car like yours with the nuts to scare just about any other car around. Can't wait to see it in action!!!
Old 10-04-2004, 02:35 PM
Z350Lover

David, congrats!!! I cannot wait to hear your feedback on the kits!!!

BTW, what is the pressure that the system takes? 7psi? Do you think APS can be able to do that at 4psi or so, then later on when people are bored of the power, then increase it up to 7psi?

cheers,

richie
Old 10-04-2004, 05:11 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by MR RIZK
That’s fantastic news David. Hope all goes well.

The only thing I was disappointed about was the costing of the kit compared to the US. The introductory price was around MSRP $7500 which is about AUD$11000 but when quoted by Peter it was costing around AUD$15000+ (can't remember if this was fitted).

Michael
Micheal the cost in Australia is not the same as in the US as the twin turbo system specification is not the same................don't know how many times I have to say this before this sinks in.

It's really quite simple math.......... take the price of the system in US dollars and then convert to aud at .70 then add GST (10%) then add the cost of the APS exhaust system plus installation cost then you arrive at the Australian installed and tuned price of 15,400 inc GST.

Thanks

Peter
Old 10-04-2004, 05:26 PM
MR RIZK

I stand corrected about pricing.

I did not know the kits are different and the exhaust was included in the price as I was never made aware of this. The GST I totally forgot about *as usual* which adds a decent amount. Also like I said I was not sure if the install + tune was included.

So I eat my words. But if I knew that the exhaust was an option and the install could be done outside of APS then in hindsight I should of bought the kit which would of falled within my budget.

Too late now.

Michael
Old 10-04-2004, 05:55 PM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by MR RIZK
I stand corrected about pricing.

I did not know the kits are different and the exhaust was included in the price as I was never made aware of this. The GST I totally forgot about *as usual* which adds a decent amount. Also like I said I was not sure if the install + tune was included.

So I eat my words. But if I knew that the exhaust was an option and the install could be done outside of APS then in hindsight I should of bought the kit which would of falled within my budget.

Too late now.

Michael
Cool and good luck with what ever FI product you choose for the Z.

Peter

APS
Old 10-04-2004, 09:01 PM
Z350Lover

Peter:

Will there be any official kit available to our Aussie market in the future besides David C's kit?

I have decided to keep my car for a long run and am actually thinking about doing some power upgrades for my car and here are the options that I am considering:

1. Nismo S-Tune S1 Engine Package
2. APS TT system (with lower boost initiall, then boost up to the standard boost later on)
3. Stay unchanged and wait for better car in 6 years time.

cheers and thanks!

richie
Old 10-05-2004, 02:31 AM
ZZZ-35

Hi guys just got into my hotel room in Perth, thanks for the well wishes but I know my car is in the right hands and can't wait to be back in Melbourne to pick up my car, sorry Perth members I think you know where I'm coming from nothing against Perth.

Richie

The car will be setup initially with around 7psi of boost which Peter believes is below the safe level of power/torque on stock internals, I plan to do the conrods and pistons in around 6 - 12 months time and then run around 9 - 10 psi of boost as my daily drive.

MR RISK

Peter has, I believe given me a great product at a good price and after all good quality and research does not come cheap. I hope your SC goes well, what one are you going for and when do plan the upgrade?

Perth 350z

I'll PM you.

David
Old 10-05-2004, 02:45 AM
MR RIZK

Originally posted by ZZZ-35

MR RISK

Peter has, I believe given me a great product at a good price and after all good quality and research does not come cheap. I hope your SC goes well, what one are you going for and when do plan the upgrade?

If all goes well we should have pictures soon (Waiting on pickup from the US)

And yes the APS kit is the best IMHO and I'm sure the grin will be from ear to ear. I bet you feel like a kid at Christmas !
Old 10-05-2004, 02:53 AM
KY350

Great news on the TT David - this will be you next week . I will be looking forward to your TT driving comments.

Good to hear from APS again and thanks for clarifying the system components and price Peter.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:56 AM
KY350

Rizk - which system did you get and who will do the install?
Old 10-05-2004, 04:09 AM
LemanZ

For 7psi ~ 0.5bar of boost, How much power will the TT kit offer? Can it be possible to achieve 280 - 290 rwkw? By the way, what are the turbos size of the APS TT kit? are they T25 or T28? I think in order to achieve that figure, you need to boost to 1bar ~ 14psi on a T28 size turbos.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:32 AM
malcolm

I have been communicating with Peter from APS as well, and expect to pay my deposit tomorrow for an early 2005 install.

Am pleased to hear about the insurance quote. This was one aspect that was worrying me. There is no point in not declaring the conversion and ending up with insurance that is not valid in the event of a problem.

Whilst $15.4k for the upgrade is not insignifcant, I don't believe there is much else on the market for $75k that can compete with 350ZTT fpr looks and performance.

Does anybody know the 0 - 100 time for a TTZ?

Peter quotes about $10k - $11k for new internals and clutch. One could probably almost get another motor for that price should the worst happen.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:43 AM
APS
Banned

Originally posted by KY350
Great news on the TT David - this will be you next week . I will be looking forward to your TT driving comments.

Good to hear from APS again and thanks for clarifying the system components and price Peter.
No worries at all and if you ever need any clarification on the APS TT system you're welcome to send me a pm.

Thanks

Peter
Old 10-05-2004, 05:13 AM
MR RIZK

Originally posted by malcolm
Am pleased to hear about the insurance quote. This was one aspect that was worrying me. There is no point in not declaring the conversion and ending up with insurance that is not valid in the event of a problem.
Just a heads up. You *may* find that AAMI WILL insure the Z as a TT
Old 10-05-2004, 12:59 PM
ZZZ-35

MR RISK

I'm going with Shannon's as they do cover you (for a fee) while competing in club sprints and one free windscreen per year so $ 1280.00 is pretty sweet for an agreeded value of $80000.

malcolm

I've made inquiries regarding the price of a short motor should the unthinkable happen, $8700 inc at your Nisshit dealer or US$2800 from Performance Nissan in the US plus freight and with the free trade deal next year there will be no import duty of 15%, just the block is around US$1500.

Gary

I belive 270kW is about right as the US guys are getting around 400hp (300kW)at 8-9psi of boost.

Just five more sleeps hehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David

Last edited by ZZZ-35; 10-05-2004 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:02 PM
nang3

Originally posted by APS
No worries at all and if you ever need any clarification on the APS TT system you're welcome to send me a pm.

Thanks

Peter

Hey Peter,

I tried PM'ing you but it said your mailbox was full as usual haha..

Any chance of getting a price on the catback system by itself? I'm in perth and its a 6MT...

cheers
Ross
Old 10-05-2004, 09:19 PM
nuff

What nang3 said and also the price for tall-boy plenum.

Quick Reply: Let The Transformation Begin