Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

Top Speed Pro N1 Exhaust ???

Old 10-14-2004, 11:44 PM
nang3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Speed Pro N1 Exhaust ???

hey all,

is anyone in Oz using one of these exhausts? impressions?? costs etc etc.

im thinking either one of these or a Hi Tech system..

heres a short decent vid (1.5mb) of this exhaust on a DB manual..

http://members.iinet.net.au/~armstro...ust_edited.mpg
Old 10-15-2004, 12:16 AM
scathing

I do like the sound of that exhaust. It has a harsh edge to it which suits a sports car, rather than the aenemic waffle that floats out of the factory one.

Do I like it more than the HiTech? I don't know. The HiTech's note is also quite nice, though different to that one.

If I had to choose and, all else being equal, I'd get the HiTech purely because it looks stock. Its going to attract less attention from the uniformed revenue raisers, which is always a good thing.

Gains, I'd hazard to guess, will be near equal. Every exhaust I've looked at basically gives the same end result. I know that HiTechs quote more gains than than the Injen, Fujitsubo, etc...but then the test cars tend to be US spec, and start with more power than ours too.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:39 AM
nang3

thanks scathing,

i havent heard a HiTech system yet but i will be on Sunday morning hopefully ... How different is the Hi Tech in sound compared to the TopSpeed?

looking stock or not doesnt bother me, the fuzz are generally OK around here - 1st and only time you'll ever hear me say that , im sure il change my tune soon enough though haha..
Old 10-15-2004, 09:25 PM
scathing

I'd say that the HiTech's note is a little smoother. The link you posted has the HiTech sounding very raspy, which some people like.

The HiTech gives a deeper note, and with a slight rasp to it.

I have videos of when I installed my HiTech. I filmed the car being revved out (in neutral) with the stock exhaust, then missing the rear tank, then either without the centre pipe or with only the cats (I know I left one out, but I don't know which).

I know I have a vid with the HiTech Y-pipe and centre pipe, and then one with it fully installed.

As my plates are visible I won't be uploading them anywhere, but I can tell you now that the car sounds its best with only the Y-pipe on. Its sounds a little rougher with only the cats.

Maybe I can knock up a track-only straight-through pipe that joins on to the HiTech Y-pipe and dumps out the back. I know most private track days still have some noise restrictions, so at worst I could put a centre resonator or a cannon muffler on at the rear....
Old 10-16-2004, 01:00 AM
KY350

I don't really like the sound of that exhaust. It sounds very similar to that boxer sound on modded WRX's and is noticeable from low rpm.
I prefer the HT note as it is very subtle at low rpms (doesn't attract the WRX driving boy racer's or cops attention) and produces almost a V8 sound at mid to high rpms (the only stage that I really want to be hearing the exhaust). The HT exhaust does a better job of allowing quiet, unintrusive driving at low speeds and transforms the engine note to that expected of a sports car at high speeds.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:13 AM
Perth 350z

I like the sound of that. We can talk more tomorrow :-)
Old 10-23-2004, 08:07 PM
Scandrew

My brother's hi-tech exhaust.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/scandrew/350zlow.mpg
Old 10-23-2004, 11:54 PM
harryw

There is no one left in here any more!

We have all migrated to,

http://www.**********.net/forums/index.php?showforum=79

Maybe you should post it there!