Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Autocrossing in SF Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 05:22 PM
C Ray Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Autocrossing in SF Bay Area

I have joined SCCA and plan to attend the class and practice autocross. I was looking for more events and am having trouble finding them. Can any one point me to a web site that would have available information on events in the San Francisco Bay Area?
Old 01-19-2003, 09:14 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know any off the top of my head, but doesn't SCCA have regional stuff? Perhaps you could search for a regional page or check the main site for regional info?

Good luck!

-D'oh!
Old 01-20-2003, 08:43 AM
Pork Chop

Here's the homepage for San Francisco Region Solo2.

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/

If you're willing to travel a bit, there are 3 more series up in Sacramento:
- SCCA, Sacramento Chapter http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Sacramento/index.html
-American AutoX Series (AAS) http://www.americanauto-x.com/
-Competition Sports Car Club (CSCC), don't have the webpage handy, but the SFR calendar will have a link to it when it gets updated.

Further south in Marina (near Monterey), there's NASA http://www.geocities.com/nasa_autox/, but they've lost their site for the time being. Not sure when they'll get back up and running.

BTW, it's still very early in the season and the schedules haven't been finalized at this time. The first SFR event is next week at Oakland. The Sacramento series usually doesn't start until March.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:47 PM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

C Ray Z,

Let me know if you plan to run your car. I'd like to see it in an autocross. Don't plan to run mine, but would love to see a Z in action.
Old 01-20-2003, 11:21 PM
brianw

Don't forget about SCCA's Fresno chapter-- you can get a link to it off of the San Francisco Region's site.

Also, the group the runs the De Anza autocross (a once a year thing) runs once a month over at Lockheed-Martin at Moffet Field, if I recall correctly. If you find you way to one of those events, look for my neighbor with his light blue Mk I SC'ed MR2.

In SoCal, the California Sports Car Club (CSCC as well), www.solo2.com , is SCCA's SoCal region. They've got events pretty regularly. Not sure who else auto-x'es in SoCal.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:14 AM
zPilott

When is the class and practice autocross?
Old 01-21-2003, 04:00 PM
C Ray Z

Default SFSCCA Autocross School

The San Francisco SCCA is sponsoring a school, for novices, thursday for SCCA only members in San Leandro. Then Sunday morning at the Oakland Colisium there will be an autocross starting at 9AM. I am runnin in the BS stock class as a Novice. First timer. I have attended a high performance school at Sears point last fall so it will be a good comparision.

Old 01-25-2003, 10:43 AM
jackwhale

Default SF SCCA Autocross-SuperBowl Sunday

The SF Region of the SCCA has regularly scheduled autocrosses in the Bay Area. This Sunday the autocross is in the parking lot of the Raiders. Zs run in the morning so one won't miss the game. This is the first event of the Spring series. You do have to be a SCCA member and they won't register on the same day as the event.