Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Cobra Suzuka GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 09:45 AM
dnguyent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daveh
Just picked up my Suzuka GT seat...
Dave, Will you have to adjust your harness bar height if you move your seat lower?

Can't wait to see the pictures!
Old 06-01-2007, 09:47 AM
dnguyent

Originally Posted by Kolia
Sounds like daveh needs some personnal weight reduction! lol
Dave, I suggest the diet that Christian Bale went on for his role in "The Machinist"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:BaleMachine.jpg
Old 06-08-2007, 11:02 PM
daveh

Originally Posted by 1cockyZ
The side mounts add a good amount of stiffness to the seat cutting down on flex.
You were right, the seat is 100% rigid now. My installer (thanks TC Design) made all of the custom mounting hardware so the seat is right on the floor, and we were able to retain the stock belts for street driving. It might even be too low, but perhaps I still have to get used to it. I feel like I can barely see over the steering wheel.

I know everyone in this thread had mentioned this, but THIS SEAT ROCKS!
I only bought it because my stock seat was getting loose, I actually liked the stock seat. However, I must say that this seat is above and beyond my expectations in terms of comfort and communicating what the car is doing under me. My 1 hr drive home from my installer was very comfortable. My only complaint is that the shoulders get in my way of shifting like someone mentioned above.
Another great addition to my grocery getter.

Edit: pics added. I did end up raising it up about an inch so I could see over the steering wheel. It currently sits about 1" lower than the stock seat and does NOT hit the door panels.
Attached Thumbnails Cobra Suzuka GT-seat-base.jpg  

Last edited by daveh; 12-27-2007 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:34 AM
daveh

The multiple driver and fixed seat are not working out for me. If anyone wants to trade their sliders for my custom made fixed mount, shoot me a pm. My mount is only good for wide width seats like my Suzuka GT. Driver must be approx 6 ft tall for my mount to work best.

Edit: I'm having TC build me a new custom base with sliders. If anyone wants my fixed mount base, let me know.

Last edited by daveh; 12-27-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Crom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THREAD BUMP.... just finished hours of seat sitting. I've been looking for quite a while though. I'm 6'4" at 215lbs so bride and the other jdm love is not a option. I tried out the full line of sparco seats and a few recaro's as well. and the ones that I could fit into the seatbelt pass throughs were just too low below my shoulders. Sube Sports is right around the corner from my place so I decided to give cobra a try and thier suzuka kevlar GT seat was a perfect fit. Since I already had cut and re-welded my sparco brackets to sit as low as possible.. I purchased the sparco side mounts that should mate up no problem - we'll see.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Sk8fe

How wide are the shoulder "tabs" on your Cobra seats? I had to reposition my Sparco Pro2000 seats as close to the trans-tunnel as possible to get them to fit (door panel clearance issues). I got them to fit but my passenger seat is all the way back and you cannot slide it and I lost the use of the "glove box" / cubby behind there and of course I preset the driver seat to fit me exactly and I didn't want that to slide (my worse pet-peeve is when you take it in to get serviced and all they have to do is drive it 50 feet from where I parked it to the garage and my seat and mirrors are all changed -- ugh! Now they can't move the seat on me anyway )

Good luck on fitting your seats in your Z, they look awesome.

Last edited by Sk8fe; 07-22-2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: typo's
Old 07-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Morris

I have these seats mounted on both sides of the car. Clearance is close, but fit without any repositioning. The difflicult part is getting them mounted low enough with the side mounts, but that can be done.

I love this seat. Very comfortable to me. My car is a daily driver so it takes a little getting used to getting in and out of the seat, but once you are used to that it is not bad.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Crom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Arrr... Just finished mounting the seat in the driverside. ended up using their sparco side mounts that are (supposed) to mate to the sparco brackets and sliders I already fabbed a inch and a half lower. No such luck.... The holes were not even close. Had to repo and and re drill the brackets to a brand new position.
- that blows. then once mounted I notice the door nudges the shoulder rest slightly when it closes. Next week... prob remove the whole ff-en thing and recut and weld back w/ a little bit more clearance to the passanger side. and hopefully another inch towards the rear.