Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Are Koni better than Tokico D Specs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 01:31 PM
IPGJames

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for those thinking about koni also remember that they offer a Lifetime Warranty on their products - i have really yet to see anyone have a major issue with the Koni Yellow Sport Shocks but it is nice that if you do it can be remedied quickly

James
Old 03-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MazworxRaceSply
for those thinking about koni also remember that they offer a Lifetime Warranty on their products - i have really yet to see anyone have a major issue with the Koni Yellow Sport Shocks but it is nice that if you do it can be remedied quickly

James

As does Tokico
Old 03-10-2006, 04:15 PM
overboostedtoy

I had Tokico (not Dspec though, did not have Dspec back then) and yellow Koni on my previous Honda. Personally I like Tokico over Knoi, cuz I dont need those adjustable perch for ride height (dont want frequent trip to alignment shop). Tokicos are double adjustable, although you cant adjust them separatly. Knoi adjusts only rebound not compression. Tokico makes excellent shocks and used to have life time warranty, but they changed to 1 yr.

http://www.tokicogasshocks.com/warranty.html
Old 03-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by overboostedtoy
I had Tokico (not Dspec though, did not have Dspec back then) and yellow Koni on my previous Honda. Personally I like Tokico over Knoi, cuz I dont need those adjustable perch for ride height (dont want frequent trip to alignment shop). Tokicos are double adjustable, although you cant adjust them separatly. Knoi adjusts only rebound not compression. Tokico makes excellent shocks and used to have life time warranty, but they changed to 1 yr.

http://www.tokicogasshocks.com/warranty.html
If you are going to quote information please quote it correctly!!! electronic compoonents are what have a 1 year warranty.

1. TOKICO Limited Warranty. TOKICO (USA) Inc. warrants its performance suspension products to the original retail purchaser against defects in material and workmanship and wear-out when used on private passenger cars and light trucks under normal operating conditions for as long as such purchaser owns the vehicle on which it was originally installed, except for electronic components, which are warranted for 1 year from date of purchase.

Last edited by Mike Wazowski; 03-10-2006 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:37 PM
overboostedtoy

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
If you are going to quote information please quote it correctly!!! electronic compoonents are what have a 1 year warranty.

1. TOKICO Limited Warranty. TOKICO (USA) Inc. warrants its performance suspension products to the original retail purchaser against defects in material and workmanship and wear-out when used on private passenger cars and light trucks under normal operating conditions for as long as such purchaser owns the vehicle on which it was originally installed, except for electronic components, which are warranted for 1 year from date of purchase.
my bad, thanks for letting me know. I was hesitant to purchase another set of Tokico ever since I saw that, was leaning towards Koni, not anymore. now I can have excellent shocks w/life time warranty