Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

anyone install sparco evo2 or s-light? (x-post)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 01:23 AM
dmoffitt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anyone install sparco evo2 or s-light? (x-post)

cross posted from the interior forum at https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....19#post2200919

stupid f**king sparco bases SUCK *****. that and they neglected to mention that they aren't designed for anything but bottom-mount (street) seats. heh.

anyway a search for s-light turned up very little, although i did find a few pics of Chebosto's car with what appeared to be EVO2s.

reason I ask is I have a set of red evo "L" (aka the 2, different name) from my porsche and after my disastrous attempt at putting them in only to find out about the bases etc, I was just going to have the guys doing my cage mount them / fab rails. i need to find a set of s-lights to compare, they look like my 200+ lb *** might not QUITE fit, but if they are comfortable enough they might be worth coughing up the $bling$ considering they are a TAD more narrow - we could BARELY close the door w/ the evo2's just sitting in the car, i worry w/ the cage etc if it'll all fit
Old 03-15-2006, 03:17 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and you have no intentions of going outside and doing some aerobics to shave off some lbs off yourself?
Old 03-15-2006, 03:39 AM
dmoffitt

lol actually i _have_ been going to the gym more (that top-gear episode on how much of a workout the f1 guys do inspired me). but even in high school when i was 30lb lighter i had a 36" waist (big boned? lol).
Old 03-15-2006, 03:48 AM
Vamos_Rafael

yeh i think that was a 5th gear episode where tiff needell was invited to drive the BMW F1 against the new M5 driven by Vicky Butlerson? (shows im a gear freak )
i know i'll never pass the lung capacity test lol
i know most seats i get slinged left and right because im a slim jim with a waist of 30! (that is just so not American) so im actually looking to get a slim seat
Old 03-15-2006, 04:48 AM
dmoffitt

crap, it WAS 5th gear not top gear
Old 03-15-2006, 05:47 AM
C Ray Z

Default I have a EVO2 Seat installed

I have the seat installed in a custom 4 point roll chage. Sparco makes a adapter that needs a little help to fit, also be prepared to reweld the nuts in the frame that the bracket mounys to. I had mine spin and had to have this done. This car is still my daily driver so I have a slider included. You have to open the door to adjust the slider as the seat does make contact at the top of the door.

Good luck
Old 03-15-2006, 10:46 AM
StaticCling

I have a EVO installed on the drivers side only. I don't have a roll cage, so perhaps this is not relevant, but anyway. I used the Sparco base and the aluminum Sparco side mounts. I did not use a slider. Because of this I had to drill holes for the side mounts. The biggest problem is that the Sparco base does not allow the seat to be moved too far back (without slider). I would go with custom mounts if I had to do it again. I still think that it should be a little lower as well.

The EVO does fit on the drivers side without touching the door, however it is tight. I doubt that it would fit on the passenger side.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:45 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

evo 1 is best for 32 waist
evo 2 is best for 34 waist
evo 3 is for fat asses.

my evo2 hits the door, but thats ok. i dont mind. i was like. 20 pounds heavier when i bought the seats but after excerise and dieting im atcually a bit loose in the evo2. shall i say more comfortable ..?

yea. custom rails. i cant emphasize that enough... get it to where you want it.. everyone is different, and when you add a helmet in the mix? its even weirder.

custom brackets only cost like $50-70 more than pricing out base+sides+sliders from wedge/sparco/speedware etc... plus i'm now a few inches lower than stock! yay!!

i have slider for driver only, not for passenger.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:29 PM
dmoffitt

Unfortunately I already bought the Sparco CRAP (at considerable expense I might add). Oh well I'll sell them to someone who wants a bottom-mount seat, where they should work great.

Since I'm caging the car too, I was also planning on mounting the psgr seat pretty much to the floor (to keep it lower and further back).

Glad to hear it (sorta) fits. When you say "hits the door" - how bad IS it? Like so bad you can't adjust the seat w/o opening the door?