Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Got Track Insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Navygolf13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Track Insurance?

Just wanted to let all you guys out there know that I found a place that will do track insurance. Anyone that wants info can PM me and I will get you in touch with the Broker. PM me your phone number so he can call and you will then be covered if something happens at the track.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:09 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its good stuff. He told me all about it at Willow Springs yesterday. You have to be 25 though so I was too young.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:24 AM
Stack

Just out of curiosity, why the cloak and dagger routine?

I can understand if he/she doesn't want to be inundated with calls... but many of us by the same token don't want to give out our numbers without some more details like:
  • What states are covered?
  • Is this a broker for many different insurance companies? Or does he/she work for one in particular? (Name of company not necessary)
  • Is this add-on insurance? Or a stand-alone policy?

These and many other questions could be answered before anyone's time is wasted without divulging any sensitive information right?

Not trying to give you a hard time... but I think many of us would rather know a little more before giving out OUR personal information too.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:26 AM
dnguyent

I recently heard that American Collectors Ins. won't be accepting new policies for HPDE coverage. Their website has not been changed yet to reflect that. I guess it's not lucrative enough...
Old 08-08-2006, 07:00 AM
Navygolf13

I can tell you that the policy will cover you on the track, on the trailer to the track in storage at home, the only place you will not be covered will be on the road driving around town. As far as the states covered I will get that information and post it.
As far as an add-on or stand alone policy, not sure what you mean. I know that you keep your normal insurance with either AAA, Farmers or whatever and this just covers you at the track.

I did not mean to be all cloak and dagger, but I can tell you that the broker that I know does a great job and he has appointments with a lot of different companies to include AIG. He has some great policies for everyone out there and we can certainly get you guys in touch with each other. Let me know if there are any other questions and I will be more than happy to answer them.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:12 AM
Ryan NJ

Does he do bikes on the track also? That would be huge. And no I am not just handing out my number. I will need his...
Old 08-08-2006, 07:13 AM
Stack

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
I can tell you that the policy will cover you on the track, on the trailer to the track in storage at home, the only place you will not be covered will be on the road driving around town. As far as the states covered I will get that information and post it.
As far as an add-on or stand alone policy, not sure what you mean. I know that you keep your normal insurance with either AAA, Farmers or whatever and this just covers you at the track.
Thats what I meant... if its like American Collectors, its a policy that would be 'in addition to' your traditional policy. I'm very very happy with State Farm for my traditional policy, and have been with them long enough that my rates are extremely reasonable (I did the Geico quote thing a few years back and they were almost $300 more per year if that tells you anything) so I personally would not be interested in a NEW full coverage provider that happens to also cover DEs... thats all.

Knowing what states are eligible is probably the most important thing IMO to help weed out unnecessary calls
Old 08-08-2006, 12:40 PM
fahrenheit350

Originally Posted by 350ZNV
Its good stuff. He told me all about it at Willow Springs yesterday. You have to be 25 though so I was too young.
Awww crap... I am under 25 too.

Btw Mike, I didn't realize you were out there Sunday, I would've came by and said hi. Now that I think about it the CS was you.... thought it was just another VRT shop car. Next time.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:51 PM
apharmdb

i21.com said they would cover HPDE's. Had them when I was living in California. Wheel wheel racing or timed events are a no go of course.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Stack

Originally Posted by dnguyent
I recently heard that American Collectors Ins. won't be accepting new policies for HPDE coverage. Their website has not been changed yet to reflect that. I guess it's not lucrative enough...
FWIW... I have confirmed this with ACI. I'm trying to keep a dialogue going with them to find out details and what, if anything, can be done.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:19 PM
kevinbonds

Ok does this cover actual road course, hot lapping or just like auto cross etc. I am interested.. I always though I would just be out of pocket if there was a wreck.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Navygolf13

It covers anything that is not a sanctioned race. You can be timed, just not for any sort of competition.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:32 PM
mikeg8r

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
It covers anything that is not a sanctioned race. You can be timed, just not for any sort of competition.
Do you know if you can get coverage on a per day basis or do you have to get 3/6/12 month coverage. I probably only go to the track a couple times a year.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:40 PM
STRETCH

Default Anyone got this insurance?

Im still waiting for an answer. I'll pay for this kind of insurance easily, but, Navygolf13 or his friend has not replied. Anyone else get a response?

Stretch
Old 11-07-2006, 10:01 AM
mikeg8r

Originally Posted by STRETCH
Im still waiting for an answer. I'll pay for this kind of insurance easily, but, Navygolf13 or his friend has not replied. Anyone else get a response?

Stretch
I'm still waiting for a response as well :-\
Old 11-07-2006, 10:11 AM
skidmarq

Please post his contact information, I'm very interested.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:15 AM
xStriderx

Interesting... why not have him post information here.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:22 AM
BAM

Bump... For more info.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:05 AM
z-u-later

Bump . . . looking for an update from anyone.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:16 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Its been my experience that if you wad up your bike/car on the track, that you tow her home and report the wreck as you would normally. If you don't call police...they will never know where or when you wrecked the car. No need for track insurance if you ask me. Just give them an address like the feeder of the highway or something.

Quick Reply: Got Track Insurance?