Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

SCCA Solo Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 07:03 PM
240Zs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As tempting as it is to drive a Shelby GT in FS, I'd much rather finish out the season driving a Z in BS. If Kirkster can't make it to Topeka a co-drive would be great. I had the misfortune of not having a co-driver last year and it was fairly obvious last year (at least in my heat) that warm tires w/ two drivers was definately a benefit...
-lee

Last edited by 240Zs; 08-27-2007 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:30 PM
ULLLOSE

Originally Posted by 240Zs
As tempting as it is to drive a Shelby GT in FS, I'd much rather finish out the season driving a Z in BS. If Kirkster can't make it to Topeka a co-drive would be great. I had the misfortune of not having a co-driver last year and it was fairly obvious last year (at least in my heat) that warm tires w/ two drivers was definately a benefit...
-lee
I went without last year, heat two, and it worked out ok. In your class last year a 2nd driver would not have helped, you need a 2nd set of drive wheels.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:50 AM
240Zs

Originally Posted by ULLLOSE
I went without last year, heat two, and it worked out ok. In your class last year a 2nd driver would not have helped, you need a 2nd set of drive wheels.
Ah...yes..a very valid point! Apparently that is still the case no matter where the event is!

-lee
Old 08-28-2007, 05:09 AM
Chiketkd

-lee
That's awesome news to hear Lee. The Piccione/Isley duel is one I've been waiting to see happen all season!
Old 08-28-2007, 05:15 AM
Chiketkd

Originally Posted by PDX_Racer
To be even considered in the same sentence as Isley, Piccione, Goeke, Braun and Wood is a compliment!
Your performance at the Packwood Pro shows you have the tools to be up there at Nats. Plus, I left out Carter off that list for a reason...

I do know why he changed rides to drive an RX-8 this season, but it doesn't mean I have to be happy with it!
Old 08-28-2007, 06:47 AM
ULLLOSE

Ah...yes..a very valid point! Apparently that is still the case no matter where the event is!

-lee
Yeah, did you see Berry took down SM with his "BSP" Evo at Packwood.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:26 AM
PDX_Racer

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah, and pure cartoon rubber cement for tires -- you know, the kind that sticks really well when you want it to, but that comes loose just when it has to?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:10 AM
240Zs

Yeah, did you see Berry took down SM with his "BSP" Evo at Packwood.
More like the AWDSP Evo!

2 seconds faster than SS
2.5 seconds faster than CSP
1.3 seconds faster than SM
EVO IS NOT A BSP CAR!!!!!
More fuel for my letter to the SEB/****...

Last edited by 240Zs; 08-28-2007 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:15 AM
ULLLOSE

More fuel for my letter to the SEB/****...

Wrong fuel... They don't look at Prosolo results.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:47 AM
240Zs

Wrong fuel... They don't look at Prosolo results.
Yeah, I know, that part sucks...
Old 08-28-2007, 11:17 AM
ULLLOSE

Yeah, I know, that part sucks...
Maybe the 2 wheelers in BSP were slow because Grandma Rita was not there to push you guys.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:03 PM
240Zs

very funny
Old 08-28-2007, 05:49 PM
DriveI65

Nissan is offering a contingency for Nationals this year. Previously it was only for the Pro-Solo. It requires pre-registration and decals.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:58 AM
Chiketkd

Originally Posted by DriveI65
Nissan is offering a contingency for Nationals this year. Previously it was only for the Pro-Solo. It requires pre-registration and decals.
Isn't the contingency for a 1st place finish only? Also checking the contingency info at scca.org, I only see Nissan's contingency program listed for Pro Solos and the Pro Finale -- not Solo Nationals.

Nissan's 2007 Contingency Program
Old 08-29-2007, 05:43 AM
DriveI65

Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Isn't the contingency for a 1st place finish only? Also checking the contingency info at scca.org, I only see Nissan's contingency program listed for Pro Solos and the Pro Finale -- not Solo Nationals.

Nissan's 2007 Contingency Program
Yes, it is only for 1st place.

You need to select Contingency on the National Solo page to get to the right form.
http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/Fil...an-Solo-NC.pdf
Old 08-29-2007, 08:11 AM
Chiketkd

Originally Posted by DriveI65
Yes, it is only for 1st place.

You need to select Contingency on the National Solo page to get to the right form.
http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/Fil...an-Solo-NC.pdf
Gotcha - thanks for that link.

Hopefully, it'll encourage more people to autocross Nissan's in the future. I know Eric Kriemelmeyer has a good solid shot at winning GS in his SE-R Spec V.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:03 AM
DmanG281

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey at least its something that lets us know they are watching.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:36 PM
DriveI65

At this point B Stock has 33 drivers, most of which are in Mazdas. There is a BMW and a 944 Porsche with 2 drivers. Only 4 Z drivers have signed up and Lee doesn't have a co-driver registered.

Compare that to 64 drivers in A Stock and 69 in Super Stock. Man, I hope I don't work those heats. I want to be a spectator for those!
Old 08-30-2007, 02:19 PM
bdblackz

well i just found this thread and am thinking about hitting up nationals this year for the first time, but with the flat out cockiness of one person earlier in this thread, i can see why people might be deferred.

Anyways, i have competed in 1 national tour event up in Milwuakee and was a solid second behind Chris Harvey and co-driver in the tire rack rx8, so i think i need to improve on my driving before i tackle nationals.

But on the other hand, i would love nothing more than to see a Z win BS, and the more Zs out there, the more chance there is!! So i think i am going to go for the hell of it, and get some experience!
Old 08-30-2007, 03:03 PM
first350

Originally Posted by bdblackz
well i just found this thread and am thinking about hitting up nationals this year for the first time, but with the flat out cockiness of one person earlier in this thread, i can see why people might be deferred.

Anyways, i have competed in 1 national tour event up in Milwuakee and was a solid second behind Chris Harvey and co-driver in the tire rack rx8, so i think i need to improve on my driving before i tackle nationals.

But on the other hand, i would love nothing more than to see a Z win BS, and the more Zs out there, the more chance there is!! So i think i am going to go for the hell of it, and get some experience!

I was thinking about going even though this is my first yr in autoX...just about everyone I talked to (that had national level expeirence) told me to go just for the experience - they said it was much better to go and learn with little/no expectations of a trophy, rather than going for your first time with the pressure of placing high. (I opted not to go once I looked into all of the costs and time off that I'd need...maybe next yr )

Quick Reply: SCCA Solo Nationals