Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Motul 600 Vs. 660

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 12:11 AM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The point is draining the system completely. Castrol says not to mix SRF.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:22 PM
sourskittle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy told me about this ford brake fluid that has a dry point of 550degrees, so I tried it today at Sebring. It was not pretty. I had to bleed the brakes between each trip out, and after a while, I just started pumping the brakes before getting to the braking zone to make sure I was going to have some pedal.

We even replaced the fluid at the track ( after replacing it 4 days before ).

Of course it was a zillion degrees outside today in FL, so I can't say for sure if any fluid would have done better, but I can say that I was the only one there constantly bleeding my brakes while everyone else was hydraiting.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know, it's nice that you provided that little bit of info, but I'd say more information is needed for the data to be relevant. For example, do you have the stock brembos, a BBK, etc... What pads do you run, what is your level of track experience (inexperienced drivers use the brakes more and generate more heat), etc...

heck, you didn't even say what kind of fluid it was, other than "ford brake fluid" which could be any number of fluids.