Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Texas Highway Racing

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 07:58 PM
RED RIDER

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ok so lets dispell some of the BS here...you are all talking about ME in the 2008 BBORR. I raced the 110 class because that was the fastest I could go with stock seat belts and no cage. The 110 Class allows no slower than 85 and no faster than 124mph. I stayed at 124 as much as possible for the entire race on the 1st and 2nd leg. I actually only lifted and tapped the brake momentarily ONCE. Yeah I have a BBK but never needed it.
It was THE most fun I have ever had and ABSOLUTELY will enter BBORR 2009.

I am looking into harnesses and a removable cage because I want to up the speed...Dont think for a second they will let you race the 168MPH class without having first entered a lower class and have already completed the rookie qualifying.. I want to run the 125 class in '09..just trying to decide. I am worried about damaging my engine and would cry if I tore my car up..Mine is a built motor Z with Greddy twins and puts down 529HP at the tire and 495 Lb. Ft. of tq. I was running right at 124mph turning 3750rpms.

BTW this race is not about the most power..its all about driving and TIME! I was 1:14 from a perfect score over 118 miles and came in 30th! in my class...the winner of the 110 class was .008 from a perfect score...these guys are good!

So costs...I spent about 1200.00 all said and done. My 1 ton dually hauling the race trailer with the car..5 nights in a hotel and the entry fee. WORTH EVERY DAMN DIME!!!!

Also my Z's suspension is BONE STOCK except for wheels,tires and the BBK. The "veteran qualifier" who rode with me during rookie qualification, looked at me after taking his helmet off at the end of the run and said.."you have the best handling car here...this is a public highway with undulations etc and the Z handles it like a champ...you do NOT want a super stiff suspension for this race!

You CAN have a navigator ride with you to call out the turns..they give you a full road list for the race..I'm not saying you can't run the 168mph for the race..but you better damn well be at the top of your game and have a navigator with you calling the turns...the elevation changes are a blast and honestly I was just "driving the car" at 124. I do want to go faster, just not sure what speed yet.. more than likely the 125 class...that allows you a bottom of 110 and max of 140 or 145..cant remember exactly.

Promise you this..it is an absolute BLAST! Great people and you will want to do it year after year..I challenge you all to come! I will walk you through the whole thing and show you where to be and when, what to expect etc etc..

oh and if you do come..be on your best behavior...no showing off etc..THEY DO NOT TOLERATE BS there! One ticket means you DO NOT race..and NO refunds..

Hope I covered everything..please feel free to ask more questions..
Tom
Old 12-24-2008, 08:11 PM
RED RIDER

Originally Posted by Concave
thx for the info!
one ticket? where would you get a ticket? AT the event's main gathering area?
No I mean from ANY police officer during the 5 days you will be there..The Texas DPS is NOT in volved and only the local sheriff's and LOCAL police are there...DPS will pull you over in a HEARTBEAT for doing anything stupid..It woul really SUCK to spend all that money and time getting there etc and then NOT be able to race!..
Tom
Old 12-24-2008, 08:16 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for stating the facts Red. Maybe it will keep the misinformed quiet now till they have actually done an event.

Originally Posted by RED RIDER
Ok so lets dispell some of the BS here...you are all talking about ME in the 2008 BBORR. I raced the 110 class because that was the fastest I could go with stock seat belts and no cage. The 110 Class allows no slower than 85 and no faster than 124mph. I stayed at 124 as much as possible for the entire race on the 1st and 2nd leg. I actually only lifted and tapped the brake momentarily ONCE. Yeah I have a BBK but never needed it.
It was THE most fun I have ever had and ABSOLUTELY will enter BBORR 2009.

I am looking into harnesses and a removable cage because I want to up the speed...Dont think for a second they will let you race the 168MPH class without having first entered a lower class and have already completed the rookie qualifying.. I want to run the 125 class in '09..just trying to decide. I am worried about damaging my engine and would cry if I tore my car up..Mine is a built motor Z with Greddy twins and puts down 529HP at the tire and 495 Lb. Ft. of tq. I was running right at 124mph turning 3750rpms.

BTW this race is not about the most power..its all about driving and TIME! I was 1:14 from a perfect score over 118 miles and came in 30th! in my class...the winner of the 110 class was .008 from a perfect score...these guys are good!

So costs...I spent about 1200.00 all said and done. My 1 ton dually hauling the race trailer with the car..5 nights in a hotel and the entry fee. WORTH EVERY DAMN DIME!!!!

Also my Z's suspension is BONE STOCK except for wheels,tires and the BBK. The "veteran qualifier" who rode with me during rookie qualification, looked at me after taking his helmet off at the end of the run and said.."you have the best handling car here...this is a public highway with undulations etc and the Z handles it like a champ...you do NOT want a super stiff suspension for this race!

You CAN have a navigator ride with you to call out the turns..they give you a full road list for the race..I'm not saying you can't run the 168mph for the race..but you better damn well be at the top of your game and have a navigator with you calling the turns...the elevation changes are a blast and honestly I was just "driving the car" at 124. I do want to go faster, just not sure what speed yet.. more than likely the 125 class...that allows you a bottom of 110 and max of 140 or 145..cant remember exactly.

Promise you this..it is an absolute BLAST! Great people and you will want to do it year after year..I challenge you all to come! I will walk you through the whole thing and show you where to be and when, what to expect etc etc..

oh and if you do come..be on your best behavior...no showing off etc..THEY DO NOT TOLERATE BS there! One ticket means you DO NOT race..and NO refunds..

Hope I covered everything..please feel free to ask more questions..
Tom
Old 12-24-2008, 08:23 PM
RED RIDER

NP! Please come and join us all in April! I was the ONLY Z last year...it'd be really cool to see a whole pack of them next year...as I said..I trailer my car there..so I have MANY tools, generator, lights etc etc etc..oh and COLD Dos Equis for the evenings.. I can't wait..!
Old 12-24-2008, 08:32 PM
z-u-later

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Thank you for stating the facts Red. Maybe it will keep the misinformed quiet now till they have actually done an event.
Please clarify your statement since I'm not sure what misinformation you're talking about. I think you're the one who posted in this thread and implied that your NISMO can easily do 160mph. BTW, have you done this event? Remember, I'm not the one bragging, you are.

I'm still waiting for information on the "several Z club members" that have ran this event at the 150mph class (your post #8). I don't think BBORR will remove their information since they've posted everyone who has ever participated since 2002. I'm still calling BS on this.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:34 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by RED RIDER
NP! Please come and join us all in April! I was the ONLY Z last year...it'd be really cool to see a whole pack of them next year...as I said..I trailer my car there..so I have MANY tools, generator, lights etc etc etc..oh and COLD Dos Equis for the evenings.. I can't wait..!
I would love too, but our TexasZNationals is in April so we have to plan for that, and 2009 ZCON. That is why I mentioned 2010.

I will definitely try to get some of our track worthy people to come then as well.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 12-24-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:36 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by z-u-later
Please clarify your statement since I'm not sure what misinformation you're talking about. I think you're the one who posted in this thread and implied that your NISMO can easily do 160mph. BTW, have you done this event? Remember, I'm not the one bragging, you are.

I'm still waiting for information on the "several Z club members" that have ran this event at the 150mph class (your post #8). I don't think BBORR will remove their information since they've posted everyone who has ever participated since 2002. I'm still calling BS on this.
How am I bragging? I have talked to people in person who have done this event that have owned all sorts of cars from Z's to Corvettes. People who have experience with this.

I never said the Z guys have ran in the 150mph class. You are implying that. I said Z people have ran this event. I never said when. I don't know exactly when, but they have done it. And the link I posted from Red Rider here said he was going to run the 150mph class in that post this year. Again reading comprehension.

You are the one making up sh*t.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 12-24-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:45 PM
z-u-later

Ed, I know several people in our Z club for that matter that have done this event in their Z cars.
So, what do you call this? Extracted from your post #8 on this thread at 11:31am today.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:46 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

So, what do you call this?
Umm and? No where does it say they did the 150mph event, or when.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:48 PM
z-u-later

https://my350z.com/forum/upcoming-ev...road-race.html

Other members here who have run this event. 150mph class.
And what do you call this?
Old 12-24-2008, 08:57 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

And what do you call this?
Did you just NOT read my post above saying that Red Rider said he was GOING to run 150mph per his post that I linked? Obviously not. Now you are back peddling.

Ed, sorry but I am done with you. Give it up. I am not going to get into a e-thug contest that you like to do with others.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:18 AM
z-u-later

Did you just NOT read my post above saying that Red Rider said he was GOING to run 150mph per his post that I linked? Obviously not. Now you are back peddling.

Ed, sorry but I am done with you. Give it up. I am not going to get into a e-thug contest that you like to do with others.
Sorry, but I'm still calling you out since you clearly posted 150mph class (he was in the 110mph class) And your comment that other Z members' times were removed are clearly BS. You don't have any facts to backup your statements. I think we both know who owned who here.

Like I stated earlier, back up your bragging -- register and run the event at the 150mph. Didn't you claim your NISMO is capable at this level? Otherwise, all this cyber bravado is just plain BS.

And I can't wait to mention this thread with the local Austin & SA autocross clubs. I think they already know who's credibility has been questionable in the past . . .
Old 12-25-2008, 07:30 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Sorry, but I'm still calling you out since you clearly posted 150mph class (he was in the 110mph class) And your comment that other Z members' times were removed are clearly BS. You don't have any facts to backup your statements. I think we both know who owned who here.

Like I stated earlier, back up your bragging -- register and run the event at the 150mph. Didn't you claim your NISMO is capable at this level? Otherwise, all this cyber bravado is just plain BS.

And I can't wait to mention this thread with the local Austin & SA autocross clubs. I think they already know who's credibility has been questionable in the past . . .
RED RIDER SAID HE WAS GOING TO DO THE 150MPH CLASS NEXT. It is IN HIS POST. Again I never said he actually DID 150mph class. But you refuse to read. I never said the Z people I knew did the 150mph class. You again are making up stuff. Like you mentioned to someone else, maybe we ought to elect you as a douchebag of the year for my350z.

How are you calling it BS when they told me!!!! Wow now I really see the other side of you. Get a life.

Oh well I have known the autox crowd longer than you were part of it. Been doing it for 15 years. And they are pretty close friends of mine. Why would they ask me to be a chair person for their club this year if they had a issue with me? Sadly I am VP already of a club and don't have time for another one. You know you will be like a whiner and they will just laugh at you. So go ahead and do it. Won't make any difference to me.

Pretty funny how you change. I was even nice to you when you slammed your door into my Z and tried to shrug it off like nothing happened. Then I had to jump your case to pay for paintless dent repair.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 12-25-2008 at 07:37 AM.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Carbon-Z
Sleeps in 350Z

Wow you are a douche bag. You are going to tattle tail on a member because you are wrong?
Old 12-25-2008, 07:55 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

enough!.........ill be watching this thread......
Old 12-25-2008, 08:36 AM
z-u-later

Originally Posted by Carbon-Z
Wow you are a douche bag. You are going to tattle tail on a member because you are wrong?
And who the f*ck are you? Read the entire thread again -- your reading comprehension obviously is not even at the 1st grade level. SOLO-350Z bragged about other Z members who have done this event at the 150mph and he doesn't have any facts to prove. He is the one back-tracking.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Sick Z

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
enough!.........ill be watching this thread......
Yo Jason, when did you become a mod?
Old 12-25-2008, 08:42 AM
z-u-later

RED RIDER SAID HE WAS GOING TO DO THE 150MPH CLASS NEXT. It is IN HIS POST. Again I never said he actually DID 150mph class. But you refuse to read. I never said the Z people I knew did the 150mph class.
Read your posts again -- you like to brag, as always, and when I questioned you about facts, you can't back it up. You even stated below:

"I doubt they have them online anymore. They did it several years ago. You can ask anyone in our club about it."

Didn't your NISMO do an off-road excursion and ended up in the mud last year at H2R? How can you expect to drive 59 miles at 150mph when you can't even drive a two-mile road course at less than 100mph?
Old 12-25-2008, 08:49 AM
z-u-later

RED RIDER SAID HE WAS GOING TO DO THE 150MPH CLASS NEXT. It is IN HIS POST. Again I never said he actually DID 150mph class. But you refuse to read. I never said the Z people I knew did the 150mph class. You again are making up stuff.
I'm making up stuff? Here's what you posted in this thread. How can anyone else misinterpret (except for the fact that it's all BS)? And calling me douchebag? That's a real mature statement, but I'm not suprise it's coming from you.

Ed, I know several people in our Z club for that matter that have done this event in their Z cars.

https://my350z.com/forum/upcoming-ev...-road-race.htm
Other members here who have run this event. 150mph class.
I doubt they have them online anymore. They did it several years ago. You can ask anyone in our club about it.

Last edited by z-u-later; 12-25-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:22 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

And who the f*ck are you? Read the entire thread again -- your reading comprehension obviously is not even at the 1st grade level. SOLO-350Z bragged about other Z members who have done this event at the 150mph and he doesn't have any facts to prove. He is the one back-tracking.
I did not brag about others doing it at 150 mph. You can't read. Red Rider is going to do the 150 mph event, with a link provided. But you are trying to turn it into something else as always.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 12-25-2008 at 09:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Texas Highway Racing