Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

My 6th HSDE at Road America

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 02:11 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My 6th HSDE at Road America

The reason I bought a Z...........To fly around 4 miles of rolling hills in CheeseHead Land!

I've been waiting for this event since I bought my Z. 3 long straights with 14 diverse/challenging corners. It was a BLAST!

Too bad only one other Z showed up. (Not a forum member).

But, what a cool Z!
Attached Thumbnails My 6th HSDE at Road America-jacks-z.jpg  
Old 09-29-2003, 02:57 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's definitely hooked up. 18x9 F & 18x10.5 SSR Comp-H wheels with 245/35ZR-18 F & 275/35ZR-28 R Hoosier R3S03's!

He turned 2:46's and I turned 3:02's with 040's. They WORK! And, he can DRIVE!

OK, enough of my competition.....The weather sucked big time.....cold, rain & 30MPH winds...... Luckily the mornings were dry.

BUT.....I still had a BLAST! 3 long straights, allowing 130 + MPH corner entry speeds........every lap!

A bunch of cool cars showed up. 308 Ferrari, 550 Ferrari, F40 Ferrari, Shelby Series 1, Golf liveried Ford GT40 replica, Lotus 7, Mustang Cobra R, etc.

Too bad Z owners don't like to drive fast.............

I got in about 180 miles of pedal to the metal driving in. Learned a few new lines, made some new friends, AND stayed on the track all weekend! And, my Nismo exhaust sounded GREAT! SOOOOOO I be HAPPY!

Jack asked me to go out ahead of him in a lapping session to see if his mods(CAI, grounding kit, & Stillen exhaust) were worthwhile.......he was befuddled that my un modded Z pulled away on all straights. I think I got a good one! He finally passed in a no-no turn....outside in the carousel! And, yes, he was black flagged for doing so. This confirmed what Joyia said at Gingerman, that I was able to pull away from her on the straights.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:32 PM
archman350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man, I take offense to the "Cheese Head" comment having spent the first 23 years of my life there...so, how about them Bears, huh?

Seriously though, I really miss having all the great country roads with hairpin corners and perfect asphalt at my disposal...you'd think the "Motor Capital of the World" would have more than dirt roads...

Maybe I'll see you up there next summer. I'm trying to get a buddy into the sport and what better way than to have him unleash a Z on one of the best road courses in the country. I've been dying to try the Hoosier R3S03s... it's good to hear they work, but maybe I'll have to wait another year. This car's gonna take a lot to keep it contained on a set of those bad boys.

(Yeah, my dealer raised an eyebrow when I told him my plan of putting on 3,000 miles in two weeks just so I could make the Waterford Hills event...I said "Hey, it's got 'Track' in the name, doesn't it?")