Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Back to stock

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 10:35 PM
dhays

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ruff Z
I'd set the bar and forget it. Once you have it where you want it for autoxing, you don't need to change it for the street.
I meant just until I figure out where it needs to be set. Once I figure out where I want it, I'm not going to be changing it unless I change tires again.

As for tools, it all fits in the car. I can get 4 tires, jack, jack stands, tools, etc all in the car.
How in the world can you do that? I did decide today that I'm going to invest in a low profile floor jack. The one I have now I have to drive the car up on some blocks to fit it underneath.

Oh, and go stiffer!
Have you been talking to my wife?

You think that 48% stiffer than stock on the front is adequate? Remember that I'm still on the stock rear sway.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Ruff Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dhays
I meant just until I figure out where it needs to be set. Once I figure out where I want it, I'm not going to be changing it unless I change tires again.
Good plan

How in the world can you do that? I did decide today that I'm going to invest in a low profile floor jack. The one I have now I have to drive the car up on some blocks to fit it underneath.
2 tires in the passenger seat, one in the spare tire well, one on the shelf behind the seats. Jack in front of tire in the spare well, other bits all in the back on the tire in the spare tire well.

Have you been talking to my wife?
She told me not to tell

You think that 48% stiffer than stock on the front is adequate? Remember that I'm still on the stock rear sway.
I'd probably go max stiff for auto-xing, it'll help you power out of corners and keep your camber up front.