Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Forged Performance @ Road Atlanta 4/16-4/17

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 08:03 AM
Zach@Forged
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forged Performance @ Road Atlanta 4/16-4/17

Hey guys!

Come hang out with the Forged Performance Motorsports Team this weekend at Road Atlanta, in Brasselton, GA just 1 hour north of downtown Atlanta! We will be at the track all day Saturday and Sunday for the High Performance Driver's Education event hosted by Chin Motorsports. Sharif will have full access to the track in all run groups so feel free to ask him for a ride! For those of you that haven't been to this track, it is one of the country's premier professional racing circuits and world-renowned for it's challenging elevation changes, corner variety and very high top speeds. The Forged GT-R sees nearly 170mph, GPS confirmed, on the back straight! We'll be out testing new parts on the Forged Performance Porsche GT3, and we will be running our Time Attack GT-R and our 2011 Subaru WRX STi. Customers, friends, and other enthusiasts attending the event are welcome to paddock near our hauler which we usually locate up front near the hospitality chalet.

Porsche GT3

We've just finished replacing all the sloppy rubber bushings in the vehicle with new, monoball or solid bushings. We're hoping to see some significant results from this additional solidity.

____________________________________________________________ ____________________

Time Attack GT-R

____________________________________________________________ __________________

2011 Subaru WRX STi

____________________________________________________________ ____

Here is a nice video of our last track day at Road Atlanta.

[youtube]gW5mkdZNS1Q?hd=1[/youtube]

Thanks for looking. We hope to see you there!!

- Zach@Forged

Old 04-13-2011, 09:38 AM
Shamu

You should see huge difference with monoballs. I put same monoball setup on GT3 arms on my Boxster and it resulted in much better working suspension. You may find you can up spring rates too.

Have fun!

I'm headed to Thunderhill this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in my newly Track/Street prepared 370Z Nismo! AM Performance racing has done an incredible job with my car. Cant wait to post the new brake setup they have installed on the car! Industrial strength competition Brembos with beautiful rotors. This street going 370Z track machine should be very fun!
Old 04-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shamu
You should see huge difference with monoballs. I put same monoball setup on GT3 arms on my Boxster and it resulted in much better working suspension. You may find you can up spring rates too.

Have fun!

I'm headed to Thunderhill this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in my newly Track/Street prepared 370Z Nismo! AM Performance racing has done an incredible job with my car. Cant wait to post the new brake setup they have installed on the car! Industrial strength competition Brembos with beautiful rotors. This street going 370Z track machine should be very fun!

Very much so. Have you gotten your cooling completely under control with the 370Z? Even NA, it can be a struggle depending on the track and the overall setup.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Shamu

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Very much so. Have you gotten your cooling completely under control with the 370Z? Even NA, it can be a struggle depending on the track and the overall setup.
We will see. My car is fairly stock and has GTM cooler. Temps should be below 80 degrees this weekend. My first venture onto the track.

I know the guys at AM are developing a better cooler that will likely go on the car.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:28 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by Shamu

Have fun!

These brakes?
Attached Thumbnails Forged Performance @ Road Atlanta 4/16-4/17-216738_147207948678383_100001675362938_276415_3522228_n.jpg  
Old 04-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Fixxxercask

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd love to come check out your guys cars sometime at the track. They look great! I'm actually going to the 4 lane drags in Charlotte this weekend. I got to see them at least one time. Are you guys going to Road Atlanta later in the year? I am thinking of coming down there in November after the NASA season is over in my region.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Travis@Forged
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Fixxxercask
I'd love to come check out your guys cars sometime at the track. They look great! I'm actually going to the 4 lane drags in Charlotte this weekend. I got to see them at least one time. Are you guys going to Road Atlanta later in the year? I am thinking of coming down there in November after the NASA season is over in my region.
We go to most of the Road Atlanta events, its so close and a great track. We will definitely be at many more RA events this year.