Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Hot Lap Receivers....?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 09:29 PM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Hot Lap Receivers....?

are these compatible among the different auto organizations that host track events? (ie. speedventures, speedtrials, redline, etc.)

i want to buy one but want to make sure i can use it at these track days hosted by various organizations. TIA.

kv
Old 12-17-2003, 05:18 AM
Audito350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

depends on the frequency from the transmitter... I'm guessing the organizations could tell you if your transceiver is compatible with their lap-timing equipment.

Another option is to provide your own transmitter, the one that corresponds to your transceiver. Usually when you buy one of those lap timers, it includes everything you will need. I've been to many track events where drivers will line up their transmitters along the front straightaway.

Hope that helps.

PeteH
Old 12-18-2003, 05:10 PM
dwnshift

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have a very good data system that we are selling. Its a MychronGold 3+ auto that logs all sorts of great data and you can download onto a PC. The system retails for $899 but beats a lot of other systems that cost twice as much. The dash displays lap times, RPMS, wheels speed, and has alarm lights for temps or preasure. It can log throttle position, RPM, Speed, G's and a ton more. It will draw a complete track map and you cna then over lay laps to see where you gain or loose time.
We have installed about 10 of them in our PCS customer cars.
Cheers
We are a dealer for the Mychron dash's
BJ@350EVO.com
Attached Images  
Old 12-18-2003, 05:17 PM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BJ,

That sounds like a deal.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:08 PM
D'oh

Speedventures uses AMB transponders
http://www.amb-it.com/
Norther California Racing Club ( http://www.ncracing.org ) uses the Hot Lap system, and there's probably some others out there as well.

I've seen the Mychron3+ Gold for less than $660, but I don't know too much about the place that sells it.

here's a link to the store:
http://www.racearsenal.com/data_acquisition.htm

They also sell an AMB transponder, but Speedventures uses the 260 which is the Auto racing version while the 160 is the Kart racing version.

It looks like there are a few different systems out there, and they aren't compatible with eachother, so unless you stick with a single group (or know exactly which timing system the groups you run with use) you may want to get your own full system (like that Mychron dealio) or just rent from the different groups.

-D'oh!
Old 12-19-2003, 10:50 AM
dwnshift

The Mychron 3+ for $660 is the kart dash series. The auto Mychron 3+ Auto has more memory and has different sensors.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:39 AM
mhoward1
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Most Tracks I go to are using AMB systems. But that doesn't mean it's the rule.