Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Can I ask for suggestions on susp settings for autox and occasional track?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 10:01 AM
ericjackson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I ask for suggestions on susp settings for autox and occasional track?

I have been having issues lately on getting more time out of my z. I was hoping to get an opinion or two on if my settings are best. I do not have an alignment print out, but when i got it done, it was within oem spec.

I have the eibach prokit w/ tokico D-spec struts, and hotchkis sway bars. I feel like i had the settings where they needed to be, but recently it feels like the back in wants to come around when braking before a turn. (like the front brakes are stopping faster than the rear). I just recently installed Hawk HP+ pads and new brake fluid.

My current settings on the struts are 2 turns from full stiff. (7 full turns are full soft). and my front sway is @ full stiff and the rear was at med stiffness. I recently changed the rear to full soft but it did not help, in fact, may have made it worse. i do not think going stiffer is my solution, so now im just kind of rethinking the whole thing.

here is my car on a 180 degree turn around. is it too much body roll? Im on Hoosier A6's by the way, so that may be the cause of some of it.

also, what kind of tire pressure is anyone running on A6;s?
Old 07-03-2013, 10:27 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

What is the rear toe? You car is also pretty soft on A6's (essentially a lower version of a C-stock car). Judging from the pic...you are probably all over the bump stops also (assuming you have them).

Pics below are my car on the "soft" 1000/850 springs and just a front hotchkis bar:

The rear 315's on my car are somewhat stretched on the 12" wide wheels and the front 315's are pretty square on the 11's. I run 35 front/34 rear and adjust as needed (generally don't vary more than 2psi from that).
Old 07-03-2013, 10:34 AM
ericjackson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
What is the rear toe? You car is also pretty soft on A6's (essentially a lower version of a C-stock car). Judging from the pic...you are probably all over the bump stops also (assuming you have them).

Pics below are my car on the "soft" 1000/850 springs and just a front hotchkis bar:

The rear 315's on my car are somewhat stretched on the 12" wide wheels and the front 315's are pretty square on the 11's. I run 35 front/34 rear and adjust as needed (generally don't vary more than 2psi from that).
I honestly do not remember, but the 2 numbers that stand out are -1.9 and -2.1 or 2.7...but hell that could be anything. its been since 2011 when i got my alignment done, and the car was down for an engine rebuild for an entire year.

so you think i should probably be setting the struts stiffer? what about the rear sway bar? mine is definitely not at stiff as yours from the pictures. but its doing well enough to get FTD hah. I just feel like there is plenty more in it and i try my best to understand my suspension

and thats good to know on the a6's. im running 295/35/19 R and 285/35/18 F. i was running 28-29psi and wasnt getting any rollover or differences in heat between the outsides and middle of the tires. i was marking them with chaulk and had a guy using an infared thermometer and another use his hand to feel the tire heat.

Last edited by ericjackson; 07-03-2013 at 10:37 AM.