Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Trailer problem-I don't have one.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 05:03 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Wish I had a trailer, this is how I transported the G35.

I do tow cars though...

We use these wheel straps and we get them from AW direct... With one on each corner the car doesn't go anywhere... I have towed Diesel Ram 2500s with 38inch tires in neutral with 4 of these straps holding it on the bed... It was a little sketchy but they worked fine...

Only thing I would recommend is over long distances I would stop and snug them up after the first 25-30 miles because they do tend to get a little less snug after bouncing around... Especially on the crap roads we have.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:16 PM
N80

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I always stop after a few miles to retighten straps. Have been amazed how they can get a little loose.

A few years ago there was a guy with a GTR who used to come to the track. His 'tow' vehicle was a 4 door rollback truck....and I don't think he used it for anything else. It was sweet.

A trailer is an expensive part of this hobby. It took me a long time to bite the bullet and get one but it has been very useful, not just for the tractor and the Z. My trailer has stake pockets and built box sides and ends for it and can haul tons (literally) of dirt, sand, mulch, etc. I've ended up using the trailer more than I expected.

The other thing is, unless you abuse it, trailers hold their value very well.