Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Ladies Track Car Set up

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 03:31 PM
carbuffguy

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by B-radDetail
I was committed to it before she even had her first track day! I bought the car for her to use on track before she ever set foot on track. It doesn't get daily driven and I'll use it if I'm ever waiting on parts for my other vehicles. She drove 4 days in a row and loves it.

Yes manual will be the next step for her. I will just need to find seat rails for the other cars that don't raise me too high as they are fixed buckets. The other cars are stripped caged race cars on slicks so quite a step up and she isn't quite there yet.

The track that I am a part of is a private members track where we get 15+ days a month of track time. Joining the track and that life style was the big commitment. I jumped in with two feet. The reason for mudding the car is to dial out understeer and hopefully increase tire wear at the same time and shaving a few seconds off lap times. With the stock tire size and camber, front tires only lasted 3 days. My other vehicles on square setups with proper alignment can get 6-8 days out of a set. I already have a couple sets of 275/35/18 RE71Rs from my M3 that I am no longer driving on track. So I would love to find some wheels that allow me to use them on the 350z.

I intend to keep the car for a while as it allows me to share my passion with other friends and family. Its an approachable car and excellent to learn on for anyone I invite to the track. I really enjoy driving it as well. Very capable from the factory, but I have a tough time leaving anything alone!
Sounds like a lot of fun! And with the family and friends - can't beat it.
I'm envious
I have a cousin in Kelowna - I'm envious of that also haha

Post some pictures at the track if you get a chance
Old 05-18-2017, 12:45 PM
B-radDetail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found a great deal on some 18x9 et35. I know that is not an aggressive or flush fitment but will it work all the way around with the 265/35/18 without rubbing?