Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Using 370Z rear wheel bearing/axle on a 350Z?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 08:57 PM
JapsFinest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by canadarob
.... As well,the subframe mount point are slightly wider (1/4inch). ...
@canadarob thanks for the transperancy with this project. Can you talk about the difference in the mounting point for the subframe? how di you overcome?

Did you drill out the subframe and how did you re-allign?
Old 04-04-2018, 05:45 PM
canadarob

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JapsFinest
@canadarob thanks for the transperancy with this project. Can you talk about the difference in the mounting point for the subframe? how di you overcome?

Did you drill out the subframe and how did you re-allign?

I actually meant the mount points for the control arms On the subframe itself.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:38 PM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Track season is about to start up again in Michigan. If no one has any horror stories about this swap, I'll be doing it as soon as my hub gives up again.

I'm sure that if I order the parts now, my hubs will last me another 2 years.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:40 PM
yosip1115

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by thekinn
Track season is about to start up again in Michigan. If no one has any horror stories about this swap, I'll be doing it as soon as my hub gives up again.

I'm sure that if I order the parts now, my hubs will last me another 2 years.
If you are referring to just running 370 axles and hubs on a 350 subframe then yes you are golden. I cannot speak for swapping subframes though.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:25 PM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by yosip1115
If you are referring to just running 370 axles and hubs on a 350 subframe then yes you are golden. I cannot speak for swapping subframes though.
no on the subframe. just the hubs and axles.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:38 PM
yosip1115

Originally Posted by thekinn
no on the subframe. just the hubs and axles.
Yeah bro, send it. See my post #39 for summary of what is needed. I've been fine for months
Old 05-09-2018, 02:16 PM
slotafun

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

found someone parting out a 370z local to me, it's just the axle and bearing/hub I need? no knuckle or anything else? and did anyone figure out where the extra 10mm comes from?
Old 05-10-2018, 04:42 AM
yosip1115

Originally Posted by slotafun
found someone parting out a 370z local to me, it's just the axle and bearing/hub I need? no knuckle or anything else? and did anyone figure out where the extra 10mm comes from?
You should read the thread.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:15 PM
canadarob

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by slotafun
Track width is subframe + control arms combined.

Bearings + axles will give you no difference in track width
Old 07-29-2019, 12:42 PM
SpidArman

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to open a dead thread, but at least I searched first....

I noticed that Z1 motorsports has different axles from 09-10 and then 11- on. Does anyone know which axles they are using? early or late?

There is a length difference.

Sometimes sizes matters.....
Old 07-29-2019, 12:46 PM
rustyschopshop

Received 374 Likes on 280 Posts

don't think there is a difference but you could call Z1 for tech advice. They also sell a nissan value advantrage axle/bearing swap now upgrading from the 350 to 370.
Old 07-29-2019, 01:10 PM
SpidArman

Default Value Advantage parts

Originally Posted by rustyschopshop
don't think there is a difference but you could call Z1 for tech advice. They also sell a nissan value advantrage axle/bearing swap now upgrading from the 350 to 370.
Hey Rusty,

Thanks for the quick reply. To cut a long story in half, I had already bought the 350z Value Advantage replacement axles. When compared side by side with my factory ones, they were a lot cheaper looking. They are lighter, the joints don't hold shape as well and the boot rubber looked like they were half as thick as the originals. I ended up using my originals and not using the VA Nissan parts. (Mistake). I originally sandblasted the rust off my originals and repainted them to look nice for my transplanted OEM LSD, but was too aggressive with the media (black beauty). So I put them off balance by enough to cause a vibration starting at around 80mph.

Then over the weekend, I saw thread about 370z replacements and found the Z1 motorsport confirmation of what I read.

I would rather source some used OEM axles and buy some new complete bearing assemblies and mounting hardware.

Anyone like to get brand new VA Nissan 350z axles for 25% off? Never even mounted. $225 plus shipping.....

Arman
Old 07-29-2019, 01:48 PM
rustyschopshop

So the VA nissan axles you got were just 350z replacements or were they the upgrade 370axles with bearings?
Old 07-29-2019, 02:17 PM
SpidArman

Originally Posted by rustyschopshop
So the VA nissan axles you got were just 350z replacements or were they the upgrade 370axles with bearings?

They are the 350z replacements....
Old 07-29-2019, 02:42 PM
rustyschopshop

yeah i was refering to the 370z upgrade. If they were the upgrade axle i would have scraped the money together for them
Old 12-25-2019, 01:00 PM
Paul Kramer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 350z

interested possibly in the stock axles that Rusty had for sale I'm at the crossroads currently with replacing complete left rear side something was causing extreme heat on the road or to the point that when I want to touch it see how what she was radiating from the brake disc I was fortunate because I play guitar and have nice thick calluses but it's the tediously the smoke rolled off the ends of my fingers yes the brake rotor was that hot something is causing the excessive heat and it sounds like a friction noise as if you've got brake pads dragging with that said not sure what is causing the issue but potentially it may be damaging something and we'll end up undoubtedly being a catastrophic failure on the rear end. It is undriveable like this logically the only thing that I knew that I could do is replacing all components brake pads the rotor looks usable but it's a possibility it could have rotor warp did not City hotspots but that doesn't mean that some of that noise may have been generated from exactly that rotor warpage although there are no braking issues with the vehicle at all! I suspected that it was the hub bearings! With that said I wish that I would have seen this post about using the 370 conversion it seems that there was quite an interesting subject going on with that. However in my logical ways of looking at things I think the jury is still out on on this matter I'm not dismissing the idea and realizing this is the older post and it maybe now fully acceptable to Interchange these parts without any issues. In question related on 350z/370 conversion does it require a conversion set up from Z1 or can you just adopt to the 370 without any additional requirements. Also with that said was something mentioned from this previous article I also to reacted to quickly squeezing the trigger on standard parts replacement from Amazon purchasing the 350 Z OEM wheel hub and bearing assembly. I would feel more secure with the 370 set up if that is working safely for others who have used this process because I did did note immediately the price differences and it was just a fluke that I came across this article today on this interesting subject of swapping out from the standard 350Z to the 370 Nissan Driveline components thank you so much you all have a great 20/20 race season and be safe!
Old 12-25-2019, 01:33 PM
813_350Z

Received 318 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Kramer
interested possibly in the stock axles that Rusty had for sale I'm at the crossroads currently with replacing complete left rear side something was causing extreme heat on the road or to the point that when I want to touch it see how what she was radiating from the brake disc I was fortunate because I play guitar and have nice thick calluses but it's the tediously the smoke rolled off the ends of my fingers yes the brake rotor was that hot something is causing the excessive heat and it sounds like a friction noise as if you've got brake pads dragging with that said not sure what is causing the issue but potentially it may be damaging something and we'll end up undoubtedly being a catastrophic failure on the rear end. It is undriveable like this logically the only thing that I knew that I could do is replacing all components brake pads the rotor looks usable but it's a possibility it could have rotor warp did not City hotspots but that doesn't mean that some of that noise may have been generated from exactly that rotor warpage although there are no braking issues with the vehicle at all! I suspected that it was the hub bearings! With that said I wish that I would have seen this post about using the 370 conversion it seems that there was quite an interesting subject going on with that. However in my logical ways of looking at things I think the jury is still out on on this matter I'm not dismissing the idea and realizing this is the older post and it maybe now fully acceptable to Interchange these parts without any issues. In question related on 350z/370 conversion does it require a conversion set up from Z1 or can you just adopt to the 370 without any additional requirements. Also with that said was something mentioned from this previous article I also to reacted to quickly squeezing the trigger on standard parts replacement from Amazon purchasing the 350 Z OEM wheel hub and bearing assembly. I would feel more secure with the 370 set up if that is working safely for others who have used this process because I did did note immediately the price differences and it was just a fluke that I came across this article today on this interesting subject of swapping out from the standard 350Z to the 370 Nissan Driveline components thank you so much you all have a great 20/20 race season and be safe!

...holy run-on
Old 12-25-2019, 06:07 PM
yosip1115

813, read the thread, all of the info is laid out using proper punctuation.
Old 12-25-2019, 06:55 PM
813_350Z

Received 318 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by yosip1115
813, read the thread, all of the info is laid out using proper punctuation.
And your comment is relevant to my response how? I stopped reading the quoted response 3 lines in. Lack of proper grammar takes away from the quality of the information contained within the statement.
The following users liked this post:
masterjr33 (12-26-2019)
Old 12-26-2019, 06:58 AM
yosip1115

Originally Posted by 813_350Z
And your comment is relevant to my response how? I stopped reading the quoted response 3 lines in. Lack of proper grammar takes away from the quality of the information contained within the statement.
Ah the run-on was so long that I thought it was from you on mobile.

Should have been directed at Paul not you.

I read through it, and his question has been answered here already multiple times.

Quick Reply: Using 370Z rear wheel bearing/axle on a 350Z?