Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

A good / cheap solution for lumbar support

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 03:48 PM
J Ritt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A good / cheap solution for lumbar support

Hi guys,
I've had my semi-race seat in for quite a while now, but I can't ever seem to get as comfortable as I'd like. I played around trying to make some foam lumbar supports, and even tried the pads that Sparco offers. I think I've finally found a better and cheaper solution though, so I thought I would share.

I picked up to inflatable lumbar supports from Banner Therapy: http://www.bannertherapy.com/Product...070&qty=0&SM=7

I put two of them in the car last night, one on top of the other. They work great, and fit perfectly in my Sparco Fighter seat. They have a large range of adjustment, and should allow just about everyone to find the proper amount of support. They also have adjustable straps. I looped the strap on the bottom one through the holes for the seatbelts and around the back of the seat. On the top cushion, I connected the strap under the seat cushion. Best of all, they're only $15 each...so very economical comfort. I think they would work well on a plane, car, work, etc.