Notices
Body Exterior Body kits, grills, HID kits, etc.

FS: Don Nguyen | **Vinyl Roof Wrapping Services + Stickers/Graphics and more!**

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 01:14 PM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Received 2,578 Likes on 2,037 Posts

Would light smoked headlight treatment "cover" light foginess on an 06's headlights?

How much installed/just for the material shipped to 85339?

Thanks
Old 06-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It'll definitely help hide it better and make it less noticeable. I've done that on my own corner lights before (after I found out goof off melts plastic).

Shoot me a PM with the size you need, and I'll get you the pricing for it.

thanks.

-Don
Old 06-20-2010, 02:14 PM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Received 2,578 Likes on 2,037 Posts

PM sent, thanks!
Old 06-21-2010, 01:45 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Installed gloss black vinyl on the window trim of this E46 M3 and tinted his tail lights.

I probably should have done a better job of cleaning the window trim before taking the pictures. There's palm/finger prints from me installing all over it, haha.

-Don
Old 06-23-2010, 10:06 PM
ITOzann

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don,

do you have matte gray? something like the link.. Price per yard for exterior application please.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/m...niMuseum64.jpg
Old 06-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Yes, I can get that gray. How much did you need? What are you looking to cover?

-Don
Old 06-25-2010, 12:30 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

PMs replied to.

Let me know if I missed anybody.

-Don
Old 06-27-2010, 03:06 PM
donut.

Would NOT recommend Don Nguyen for Vinyl Wrapping and here is why:

First of all, his intentions were to perform his services outside. When I showed up, Don wanted me to park outside in the sun so he could start wrapping the roof of my G35. Not only was it a good 75 degrees out, but it was also a little windy. Might as well have done it in a parking structure or something right?

To prep my roof, he used the dirtiest microfiber towel I've ever seen, which I think used to be yellow, and began to scrub my freshly buffed roof clean. Might as well have used sand paper or a rock. Amazingly enough, he charges $150 to do these vinyl wrapped roofs and can't afford a $15 pack of microfiber towels? I didn't say anything about that and gave the guy the benefit of the doubt. Why? I have no idea, but I should have just stopped it right there.

Anyway, he began to spray my roof with some kind of soapy lubricant to lay the vinyl down on top of the roof, and it ended up disintegrating because of the heat. He asked me to bring the car in the garage of his friends business. I have to admit, that was a smart move.

Out of curiosity, I had asked Don why he chose to go with that certain company that makes the vinyl he was using (don't remember the name) and not 3M. I usually see people use 3M, that's why. He had a smart *** reply saying something along the lines of: "It's my personal preference. That's like asking a painter why they use DuPont or PPG". Really Don? Even if it was your personal preference, there's still a reason why you went with that vinyl versus 3M. I wanted to hear your reason because I thought you knew what you're doing. Apparently not.

About 70% done now and the edges where the vinyl gets tucked under the moldings was bubbling up. He said that happens and it's like window tint. Fine. I understand it will have to cure but thinking back on the youtube videos I've seen of vinyl wrapping, I have to say, I have never seen that happen before.

Sunroof time. He didn't even clean the inside edges of the sunroof where the vinyl wraps in. I asked why he didn't and I think he said, you don't need to, it will stick. Thinking to myself, to what? The dirt?

People were going in and out of the shop so he asked me to move my car outside again and he started finishing up. I usually don't look over someones work until they're done, but I had no confidence in this guy so I did what I had to do. I noticed he had cut the vinyl too much where it wrapped into the sunroof area so you can see gray paint when the sunroof was tilted. The only proper way to fix that was to re wrap the whole roof. That's why you don't make a stupid careless mistake like that. He opted to just put a separate piece of vinyl, which is basically like putting a sticker over the error. I found another area where he cut the vinyl too much and it was near the rain gutter. There even was sand underneath some parts which you can feel. When I pointed that out, he said it was my paint.

Well, I did not pay for his service and he took the vinyl off my roof and we parted ways. He seemed pretty upset that I didn't accept his work. He said he didn't realize he was dealing with a customer that wanted it done 100% perfect. I didn't realize 100% perfect meant no sand between the vinyl and roof, and vinyl that was cut too short.

He probably did better work on previous cars, but for me, it just didn't work out. I just realized today that he even used my rain gutter molding as a backing plate for his razor to cut his vinyl. Unbelievable.

I'm sure he will try to find some way to refute my feedback like I made all this stuff up.

Last edited by donut.; 06-27-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

I think it's cute that you stayed so quiet during the entire install, but yet now you are bringing all of the issues up.

Half of your story is not even true and the other half are only half truths. I won't even bother replying to each of the inaccurate facts.

I'll end this with one remark though. Did I take any of your money? No, not a single cent. Who was the one to offer that to you? That's right, I did. After/once I saw that you were having second thoughts regarding everything, I was the one to stop and ask/tell you that I can stop right now and remove the vinyl from your roof and not charge you a single cent. No strings attached.

Judging by your paint condition (which you can clearly see in the same pictures you posted), I would not be surprised if those marks were already there before you came to me. I make my cuts inside of the gutters, so there is no need for me to use your rails as "backing plates" for my razor blade.

Again, you're the first customer that's ever had issues. I gave you a 100% refund on the install, by basically not accepting your money, even when you offered to give me half of the originally agreed upon price.

Just to disprove your dissatisfaction and remarks against my craftsmanship and quality of install, I will offer a group buy to the first 5 local 350z cars who are interested in getting their roofs wrapped for $50 dollars each. I provide the materials, I do the labor, 100% all said and done, out the door. All I ask in return is you take pictures of the finished install and a 100% complete honest review of the install and how you felt about everything.

-Don

P.S. I am not "trying to find some way to refute" his feedback.

Originally Posted by donut.
it ended up disintegrating because of the heat
HAHAHAHA. Disintegrating? Seriously? Exaggeration much?

His loss, your gain, take advantage of my deal that I am offering to you guys, as a small "sponsorship" type deal.

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 06-27-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:16 PM
donut.

Originally Posted by Don Nguyen
I think it's cute that you stayed so quiet during the entire install, but yet now you are bringing all of the issues up.
Like I said, I don't sit and breathe over someones shoulder while they're performing a job. I would rather look over the work after it's done.

Half of your story is not even true and the other half are only half truths. I won't even bother replying to each of the inaccurate facts.
I'm alot of things but I'm not a liar.

I'll end this with one remark though. Did I take any of your money? No, not a single cent. Who was the one to offer that to you? That's right, I did. After/once I saw that you were having second thoughts regarding everything, I was the one to stop and ask/tell you that I can stop right now and remove the vinyl from your roof and not charge you a single cent. No strings attached.
You act like you did that as a favor, but you forgot one thing. I'm the one that decides if I want to pay you, not you.

Judging by your paint condition (which you can clearly see in the same pictures you posted), I would not be surprised if those marks were already there before you came to me. I make my cuts inside of the gutters, so there is no need for me to use your rails as "backing plates" for my razor blade.
Paint condition? There is not one swirl anywhere on my car. What are you talking about? The dirt from not washing my car for over a month? So those fine razor marks that run across my rain gutter moldings were there previously? You seem to know my car better than me.

Again, you're the first customer that's ever had issues. I gave you a 100% refund on the install, by basically not accepting your money, even when you offered to give me half of the originally agreed upon price.
1st time for everything. Now that you got your cherry popped, you'll know to do a better job next time.

HAHAHAHA. Disintegrating? Seriously? Exaggeration much?
I drove an hour in the sun to get where you were. You sprayed your stuff on my roof. So you expect people to believe you when you say it didn't evaporate from the heat? I can pull up the weather records for saturday if you want. You didn't expect my roof or outside temps to be a little warm to be doing the vinyl wrap outside? Are you an idiot?

Just to disprove your dissatisfaction and remarks against my craftsmanship and quality of install, I will offer a group buy to the first 5 local 350z cars who are interested in getting their cars wrapped for $50 dollars each. All I ask in return is you take pictures of the finished install and a 100% complete honest review of the install and how you felt about everything.

-Don
Exactly what I thought you would say. Of course after you start looking bad, you would try to do an extremely good job on your next customers car thinking it will cover your ***. Let me guess, you're going to buy new microfiber towels now to post up to say you use clean ones. Or how about pm'ing some of your friends to back you up? I've been in the industry a long time. Who do you think you're trying to bs?

Please.

I didn't expect anything more than a denial from you. Anytime you accuse a shop or small business such as yourself for something they did, 99% of the time, they deny it. Ask anyone. It's only natural just to protect yourself. You're basically saying I made all this stuff up. Like I'm purposely out to make you look bad and I think up these little stories to do it. Let me tell you something, I don't give two ***** about you and if you're successful in this or not. I gave my honest to GOD feedback for your customers to beware and look over your work before handing you money. Take it with a grain of salt kid.

Last edited by donut.; 06-27-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:17 PM
White0ngold

so much hostility! anyways..dont wanna get in between this..but how bout $100 for a matte black car wrap? can that be a special?
Old 06-27-2010, 10:51 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

That's fine. You can post whatever you want. I'll continue to post the pictures of all of the other cars that I do and come by to get work from me.

If people decide that one customer over the other hundreds of the cars that I've done is enough for me to not work on their car, then so be it. Nothing I can do about that.

-Don
Old 06-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Brand new E90 M3 that had me wrap his roof, hood vents, and mirrors in the 3M Di-noc carbon fiber vinyl:

-Don
Old 06-28-2010, 08:58 PM
JPsZ

Bump for a good guy. Had my center console and trimming around my window switches wrapped. Told me if I had any problems down the road he'd fix them, no questions. Excuse the poor pictures. Nighttime+cheap camera+unsteady hand - flash = these.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

Finally got my computer fixed, so finally I get to continue with the pictures again

Gloss black on a Mk6 GTI:

-Don
Old 07-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Sleeper_Z

Payment sent. thanks!
Old 07-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

PMs replied to.

-Don
Old 07-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Don Nguyen
Vendor - Former Vendor

PMs and e-mails replied to.

thanks.

-Don
Old 07-09-2010, 08:03 PM
ChrisR

Originally Posted by JPsZ
Bump for a good guy. Had my center console and trimming around my window switches wrapped. Told me if I had any problems down the road he'd fix them, no questions. Excuse the poor pictures. Nighttime+cheap camera+unsteady hand - flash = these.

how much for enough of this material to cover the center counsel and passenger door grip shipped to 34743
Old 07-11-2010, 12:34 AM
gamb1t

hahaha I was looking for a place to get carbon fiber vinyl near where i live (figuring i would just pm you if i couldn't find anything) and all i found was ssunnylee's gti forum review of your stuff... anyway can you pm me your best price picked up for enough cf material to cover the center console, door switch panel, and the 2 aluminum pieces on the steering wheel w/a little extra for mistakes?

Quick Reply: FS: Don Nguyen | **Vinyl Roof Wrapping Services + Stickers/Graphics and more!**