Notices

Engine bolt Dress Up without buying a kit.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009 | 08:24 PM
genegoesfast

or these
http://www.cometkartsales.com/store/...b&fconical.htm
Old 05-31-2009 | 08:28 PM
genegoesfast

these are the ones!!
http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pro...p?Product=9932
Old 05-31-2009 | 09:04 PM
SuperBlack350z

my body shop has a bunch of these as well. i took some for various parts. they look nice.
Old 06-01-2009 | 05:41 AM
nosurf2day

ohhh wow those look nice. Well the bolts are here, I am going to install them today and have before and after pics up. I need to order new strut bar bolts, i for some reason had a different bolt in my hand when I went to size them and ordered the wrong size bolts.

I am also going to order the hood bolts and others I see I can swap out.

Pics will be up today.
Old 06-01-2009 | 05:50 AM
genegoesfast

Originally Posted by nosurf2day
ohhh wow those look nice. Well the bolts are here, I am going to install them today and have before and after pics up. I need to order new strut bar bolts, i for some reason had a different bolt in my hand when I went to size them and ordered the wrong size bolts.

I am also going to order the hood bolts and others I see I can swap out.

Pics will be up today.
can't wait
Old 06-09-2009 | 08:31 AM
Waiz
Premier Member
Premier Member

UPDATES porfavor!!
Old 06-09-2009 | 01:45 PM
nosurf2day

I dont want to post up pics of an incomplete job. I ordered the wrong size bolts for the upper part of the plenum, and strut bar. I am also getting bolts for the hood and other places. I will post pics once it is done. I also need larger washers for some of the bolts. They dont show beyond the bolt and I want some washer showing. So once I get these small issues fixed, I will post up pics and the complete dimensions of everything.
Old 06-09-2009 | 01:50 PM
Waiz
Premier Member
Premier Member

Sounds good, thanks for keeping us updated.

Although, I would still appreciate pics of the bolts themselves if possible (even if not on your Z)

Website pictures are never truly the same as the ones that you receive.

If not thats cool..

Last edited by Waiz; 06-09-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-09-2009 | 02:41 PM
genegoesfast

I dont want to post up pics of an incomplete job. I ordered the wrong size bolts for the upper part of the plenum, and strut bar. I am also getting bolts for the hood and other places. I will post pics once it is done. I also need larger washers for some of the bolts. They dont show beyond the bolt and I want some washer showing. So once I get these small issues fixed, I will post up pics and the complete dimensions of everything.
C'mon man boogy!
Old 06-09-2009 | 05:47 PM
2k6-z33

Nice I might just order some of those washers and make my own bolt kit instead of buying the gallery kit.
Old 06-09-2009 | 05:51 PM
nosurf2day

Everything looks good so far but its not perfect. It does need larger flanged washers, and half a plenum shinny and half green bolts looks stupid, and the strut bar all green looks stupid.

I ordered the bolts so I am waiting. Ohh, you can go to ACE if you need bolts in a rush.
Old 06-11-2009 | 10:07 AM
3m wol8

Then he could have said, hey can you post up pics so we can see what it looks like, in stead of that smart a$$ post of the smilies.

I understand that pics need to be posted. I am waiting on the parts to arrive.
sounds like you're the jackass... i'm ashamed to own a Z after seeing how you reacted to someone just wanting to see pics of what you were talking about...
Old 06-11-2009 | 10:14 AM
nosurf2day

Originally Posted by 3m wol8
sounds like you're the jackass... i'm ashamed to own a Z after seeing how you reacted to someone just wanting to see pics of what you were talking about...

Its terrible that you feel that way, that convo died long ago, the matter was resolved and yet you feel the need to dredge up old drama.

I was upset because the info I gave was not worthless, there were specs to what I gave as well as the internet site to get all the info to, i had just not posted pics yet. The info wasn't worthless. If someone really needed to see pics of the bolts, they could go to the site.

But again, I feel terrible that your ashamed to own your z. Have a great day.
Old 06-14-2009 | 04:23 PM
nosurf2day

got the last of the bolts ordered pics up in a couple of days.

Last edited by nosurf2day; 06-14-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-16-2009 | 08:38 PM
Gibbs
Know it all
Premier Member

Hurry the fuuck up, lol. I'm seriously considering doing this but I want to see how it all looks first.
Old 06-17-2009 | 01:37 AM
nosurf2day

I can say this for sure, make sure that what ever bolt size you have to order, get the larger washer size. You dont need the lock washers for the plenum and everywhere else but I decided to get them anyway just to be safe, and on those which would be all the M6 bolts, get the 6mm washer. Those are perfect. Its just the washers for everything else that is not on the engine block that needs the larger washers.

Needless to say, the washers I previously bought, were a waste of money. I suppose I can finds a use for them but some were at a cost of 94 cents a piece.

Here you guys go, I didn't want to put up a half complete job but just so you guys get the idea. Its hard to tell but there are already several bolts changed out. I have to zoom in for you to see them. You can see the diff on the front bumper portion.

I will take better pics of the plenum and every other spot once its all done.
Old 06-24-2009 | 10:30 AM
nosurf2day

Thumbs down

Update on the job. I had my bolts ordered and they were delivered on monday. I never received the bolts and the mail man left the box in my mailbox. I am guessing that someone stole my mail since I didnt have any mail on monday. We have been having problems with hoodlums in the neighborhood steeling things and breaking into cars.

Now I called the company and they started giving me a hard time telling me that it was not their fault and that I can call my home owners insurance and make a claim. FOR $77 worth of goods. They said after much deliberation that they can credit back my card but would not send me more parts, and would no longer mail product to me again. WTF?! I said that I had half of his parts in my car now and i risk having different looking bolts in my car if I go with someone else. That is when I said, wait, you wont deliver to me or my house, I will give you a different add, and even pay for the new shipping, then I heard nothing and He hung up on me.

ALLEN FASTENERS IS A SUCK A$$ COMPANY WITH HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I JUST WANT WHAT I PAID FOR. I told him that I was posting a thread about what I am doing and there were many people interested and possibly going to be buying parts from them. That didnt sway him in any way I guess.

If you do order from them. Make them send it UPS so its insured or tell them to insure the package. That is BS this is why I use UPS and FEDEX automatic insurance when shipping an item up to $100, now I am out my money, I really wonder if he is going to post a credit. We will see.

Bastards!
Old 06-25-2009 | 04:05 AM
nosurf2day

Went to ace and got the things I need all but 4 bolts are in. 2 bolts above Pass light and 2 pass strut bolts. For some damn reason those were stripped, I have to drill and tap them now and get 2 larger bolts. This sucks.

I will post more pics up today of what I have so far. Looks really good.
Old 06-25-2009 | 08:22 AM
Waiz
Premier Member
Premier Member

Sorry about your troubles, hope everything works out.

If you can get a daytime pic posted I would appreciate it.

BTW, nice engine bay!!
Old 06-25-2009 | 04:20 PM
nosurf2day

Originally Posted by waizzz
Sorry about your troubles, hope everything works out.

If you can get a daytime pic posted I would appreciate it.

BTW, nice engine bay!!
Thanks, I will take some tomorrow and post them up.

Quick Reply: Engine bolt Dress Up without buying a kit.