Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

350EVO Camber arm Pics & Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005 | 07:12 PM
spazpilot

Originally posted by gq_626
I cant believe your tires were in that condition after 5000miles...amazing.

Did you get the compression rod recall thingy addressed? I have an 2004, so it i didnt need the recall, I had my Toyos for 10,000 miles and they looked very evenly worn. I replaced them with Michelin PS2's, but the Toyo still had 50% tread left.

Compression rod recall? . Nope, nothing like that. Didn't even know about it. I hoping that the camber arms will fix my issue though. I did finally get it align and it looks great. The only thing that I was suprised about was that it also pulled my caster back. Still in limits but closer to the 7.4. Other then that I set the camber to -.6 which is right in the middle of the specs. CJ
Old 01-06-2005 | 05:41 AM
jmark

Nice review from a user.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....hreadid=103497
Old 01-08-2005 | 08:28 AM
daveh

I just got mine yesterday. Thanks BJ for kicking UPS's butt. I'll start my install in 10 minutes!
Old 01-08-2005 | 10:38 AM
jmark

daveh,

Let us know what you think.
Old 01-08-2005 | 03:34 PM
kgb

Does replacing the front control arm resolve the feathering problem? I just can't see paying $500 to $900 for front control arms and not have the problem go away.
Old 01-08-2005 | 04:59 PM
spazpilot

Originally posted by kgb
Does replacing the front control arm resolve the feathering problem? I just can't see paying $500 to $900 for front control arms and not have the problem go away.
I am not sure if it will or not. The only thing I can tell you is that on stock suspension I was at the outer limits on camber with no adjustment. Not good for sure . With the arms I have been able to adjust everything right in the middle. I went ahead and gave up some performance(not that I can tell) and set the camber to a -.6 which was in the middle of the limits. I hoping that this along with the correct toe setting should fix my problem. If you look at the pic of my old tires you could tell that camber also contribute to our tire problem. Always helps to have adjustablility. This way I will be able to set the alignment differently if I notice any change in tire were. So far so good on 500 miles of driving though.
Old 01-09-2005 | 12:25 PM
daveh

Everything went in without a hitch. Like everyone else has said, these are very high quality parts. If it ever stops raining here, I'll be able to tell a little bit better but my first impressions confirm that the sways are a tad bit stiffer than my hotchkis and the metal bushings in the a-arms make for crisper steering. You'd be suprised how soft the rubber bits are on the stock arms. You can compress them with your fingers. I'll post a more detailed write up at the end of the month when I get a couple of track days on them.

For those suggesting that they will slip, I have 100% faith that they will not move. Many companies have been using this type of design for years in both camber plates and control arms (BMW aftermarket comes to mind). Both the perf nissan and evo arms are great choices with different approaches.
Old 01-09-2005 | 01:32 PM
dnguyent

Are the 350Evo a-arms designed for quick adjustment from street to track without an alignment machine? I know the Performance units use shims to adjust the amount of camber. I was just wondering how I could do the adjustment myself before a track day, then return it back to what it was for daily driving.
Old 01-09-2005 | 02:54 PM
kgb

What's the range of adjustment for EVO controls arms? Although, I'll likely be going with the Cusco arms (for $350 less) as soon as Z1 gets them installed and critiques them.
Old 01-09-2005 | 03:06 PM
spazpilot

Originally posted by kgb
What's the range of adjustment for EVO controls arms? Although, I'll likely be going with the Cusco arms (for $350 less) as soon as Z1 gets them installed and critiques them.
+.5 to -3.5 but could vary with each car depending on were it sits from the factory. Mine will do it on the drivers side but can only go to +.2 on the passengers side if that helps any.
Old 01-09-2005 | 03:09 PM
spazpilot

Originally posted by dnguyent
Are the 350Evo a-arms designed for quick adjustment from street to track without an alignment machine? I know the Performance units use shims to adjust the amount of camber. I was just wondering how I could do the adjustment myself before a track day, then return it back to what it was for daily driving.
They are easy to adjust but you would have to have some kind of tool to know were the camber is. there are no marking on these due to the fact that each car is different and for instance -1.0 on one car will not be the same on another.
Old 01-09-2005 | 09:09 PM
daveh

A camber gauge is propably best, but on mine there is a hole that lines up on the upper and lower plates when I have it at the 'stock' setting. I'm not sure if this was done on purpose or not but it is a great reference point so I know when I have it back at my street setting. The perf nissan I suppose would be better for getting repeatable track settings without a camber gauge but they would be useless when I loose the shims or forget to bring them to the track with me.
Old 01-10-2005 | 06:53 AM
dnguyent

Originally posted by daveh
A camber gauge is propably best, but on mine there is a hole that lines up on the upper and lower plates when I have it at the 'stock' setting. I'm not sure if this was done on purpose or not but it is a great reference point so I know when I have it back at my street setting. The perf nissan I suppose would be better for getting repeatable track settings without a camber gauge but they would be useless when I loose the shims or forget to bring them to the track with me.
Thanks, I guess a sharpie pen would be my friend then. Now I just have to decide which a-arm to get. I think both the Performance Nissan and 350evo are top notch, and being priced the same doesn't really help with my decision making.
Old 01-10-2005 | 08:15 AM
dwnshift

I truly believe you will be completly statisfied with our front control arms. The range of adjustment on our arms will depend on ride height and the tolerences in the chassis.
I know for a fact that with our ball joint package design, it gives our arms the most + camber adjustment on the market.
The arms must fit into a pocket in the chassis when compressed and clearance is a big issue with this. From the center of our ball joint ot the end of our plate is a nice compact design which will give more range without bottoming out into the chassis.
A camber gauge should ALWAYS be used when adjusting camber at the track or at home no matter which brand of arms you purchase.
Cheers
BJ@350EVO.com
Old 01-16-2005 | 09:38 PM
ReavTek

I have heavy inner tire wear. On my stock potenzas it was really bad, my Falken Azenis wore pretty evenly but the inner was worn the fastest again with the outside should fairly untouched. I have had it aligned but it still wears like this. Should I be looking for something to control the toe setting instead?
Old 01-16-2005 | 10:09 PM
spazpilot

Originally posted by ReavTek
I have heavy inner tire wear. On my stock potenzas it was really bad, my Falken Azenis wore pretty evenly but the inner was worn the fastest again with the outside should fairly untouched. I have had it aligned but it still wears like this. Should I be looking for something to control the toe setting instead?

The toe can be adjusted. these camber arms adjust camber which will greatly help inner tire wear. Take out camber and it will wear more evenly but you will lose some performance.

On a side note the camber arms have seem to have fixed my tire feathering and inner tire wear issue. 1500 miles and looking good
Old 01-17-2005 | 09:26 AM
kgb

Originally posted by spazpilot
The toe can be adjusted. these camber arms adjust camber which will greatly help inner tire wear. Take out camber and it will wear more evenly but you will lose some performance.

On a side note the camber arms have seem to have fixed my tire feathering and inner tire wear issue. 1500 miles and looking good
What decrease in handling performance have you noticed?
Old 01-17-2005 | 04:57 PM
spazpilot

Originally posted by kgb
What decrease in handling performance have you noticed?
I have not notice any difference in performance but any time you take out camber, the car will handle a little worse then if you had more camber.
Old 01-17-2005 | 05:20 PM
jcpeyton

Default Re: 350EVO Camber arm Pics & Review

Originally posted by spazpilot
Because of the tire feathering issue on my 350z I had to go out and buy these arms hoping to fix it. My tires were just getting destroyed on the inside tread. My front camber on stock suspension is -1.3 which is just outside of the limits. Can you believe this!!! Well about the arms now. Quality I would have to say is the best. Install was easy, the instructions was on the money any really required little effort. Driving, feels smoother but really no change. The good thing about these is that I will be able to have it aligned to -.6, which is in the middle of the limits, on the camber and along with resetting the toe I won't have to buy new tires every five months. Overall I would say expensive but very satisfied with the product and workmanship. A+ to BJ and 350EVO.

CJ

Pics.

These are what my tires look like after five months and my new tires that I will be adding

REALLY GOOD PHOTOS. Thanks for taking the effort. It helps a lot when making purchase/installation decisions.
Old 01-17-2005 | 09:40 PM
spazpilot

Default Re: Re: 350EVO Camber arm Pics & Review

Originally posted by jcpeyton
REALLY GOOD PHOTOS. Thanks for taking the effort. It helps a lot when making purchase/installation decisions.

These camber arms would work great in bringing back the alignment with you nismo suspension if you dicide on something like this.

Quick Reply: 350EVO Camber arm Pics & Review