Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

350EVO Camber arm Pics & Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 07:32 PM
spazpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350EVO Camber arm Pics & Review

Because of the tire feathering issue on my 350z I had to go out and buy these arms hoping to fix it. My tires were just getting destroyed on the inside tread. My front camber on stock suspension is -1.3 which is just outside of the limits. Can you believe this!!! Well about the arms now. Quality I would have to say is the best. Install was easy, the instructions was on the money any really required little effort. Driving, feels smoother but really no change. The good thing about these is that I will be able to have it aligned to -.6, which is in the middle of the limits, on the camber and along with resetting the toe I won't have to buy new tires every five months. Overall I would say expensive but very satisfied with the product and workmanship. A+ to BJ and 350EVO.

CJ

Pics.

These are what my tires look like after five months and my new tires that I will be adding

Old 01-01-2005, 07:37 PM
zillinois

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm, spherical bearings!! Very nice setup. That's on my list of stuff before track days begin. Are those the new BF Goodrich tires?
Old 01-01-2005, 08:13 PM
spazpilot

Originally posted by zillinois
Hmmm, spherical bearings!! Very nice setup. That's on my list of stuff before track days begin. Are those the new BF Goodrich tires?

Yep BFGoodrich KDW's 285x35x19 and 245x35x19
Old 01-02-2005, 03:38 AM
Tony@Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

those are nice pieces, however there are z owners out there that are using these and they have mentioned that over time, these may slip. If you look at the design, with enough pressure, the adjustment can slip on the arm. They're still a nice piece though, but some don't like that fact.

These don't slip, since they use shims. just a different design, also race proven....
http://www.performancenissanparts.co...roducts_id=341
Old 01-02-2005, 08:01 AM
spazpilot

I looked at Performance Nissan's, stillen and kinetex. I really am not into shimming things which kind of steered me away from Performance Nissan's but really liked the quality of it. The stillen one and kinetix were welded and not a one unit and I have only had bad luck with welded peaces. I have not read any reviews on any of these. I did a search on this and other boards and found nothing on any of the a arms except for the kinetix ones(got a thumbs up buy a member). I am pretty sure they are all great parts but the bottom line is NISSAN should step up to the plate and fix this issue instead of adding counter weight tires on the factory rims for a fix. That's what really torques me. My car is stock on suspension and is not even close to the limits. People ***** about ford and chevy having recalls but at least the problem gets fixed. Nissan makes the problem go away till the warranty expires and then there will be a bunch of upset owners that are not familiar with cars that will wonder why there discount tire brigdestone's have cause the tire feathering issus but the nissan issued tires did not. I had no plans buying any camber arms but Nissan's mistake has costed me 1800 for tires A Arms and another 80 for an alignment. Dose anybody think thats fair? I am sorry to ***** but this should of never happened.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:23 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I cannot see any way those would slip unless untightened to begin with - every coilover with a pillowball mount/camber plate uses an identical design
Old 01-02-2005, 04:13 PM
kgb

Default Cusco control arms

http://z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model...ng&prodid=1288

Does anyone know about the Cusco control a-arms for the Z other than what's here?
Old 01-02-2005, 04:56 PM
symbolic350

very nice how much if u dont mind -for install-
Old 01-02-2005, 06:01 PM
spazpilot

Default Re: Cusco control arms

Originally posted by kgb
http://z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model...ng&prodid=1288

Does anyone know about the Cusco control a-arms for the Z other than what's here?

From what I have read about the arms is that you can only add neg camber. If your looking to bring it in specs thats not what you need. Maybe adam can chime in on these.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:02 PM
spazpilot

Originally posted by symbolic350
very nice how much if u dont mind -for install-
Self installed. One day and a 6 pack of beer and your good to go. Took about 2 hours total.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:22 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

no one knows anything about them yet as no one has them (AFAIK)

I'll be the first to install these in the coming weeks
Old 01-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Z1 Performance
no one knows anything about them yet as no one has them (AFAIK)

I'll be the first to install these in the coming weeks
Let me know how they work out Adam. I am insterested in these to keep my blue theme going.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:51 PM
spazpilot

here is were I got the info on the cusco a arms

http://www.cusco.co.jp/english/e_cont.html
Old 01-03-2005, 04:48 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BJ & 350EVO have been racing with this design for awhile now I suspect they would have noticed any slippage.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:55 AM
SaikoSurfer

Thumbs up Re: 350EVO Camber arm Pics & Review

That setup looks really nice! I've been thinking about getting a set myself, but I need some caster correction as well. I recall 350Evo saying that adjusting caster with their current A-arms would require a simple modification - but haven't heard any details about what the modification would be yet.

With given that it pivots with metal to metal, any squeaks? Do you need to lube it religiously/periodically?
Old 01-03-2005, 11:40 AM
spazpilot

Default Re: Re: 350EVO Camber arm Pics & Review

Originally posted by SaikoSurfer
That setup looks really nice! I've been thinking about getting a set myself, but I need some caster correction as well. I recall 350Evo saying that adjusting caster with their current A-arms would require a simple modification - but haven't heard any details about what the modification would be yet.

With given that it pivots with metal to metal, any squeaks? Do you need to lube it religiously/periodically?

No squeaks so far and as for lubing, don't see were you would and the instruction mentioned nothing about it.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:20 PM
King Tut

Originally posted by spazpilot
Self installed. One day and a 6 pack of beer and your good to go. Took about 2 hours total.
Good man. I hate those words, "How much installed?". Do it yourself, or if you aren't confident enough, make friends with someone that is. I always help buddies out installing parts for fun.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:18 PM
spazpilot

Originally posted by King Tut
Good man. I hate those words, "How much installed?". Do it yourself, or if you aren't confident enough, make friends with someone that is. I always help buddies out installing parts for fun.
Totally agree !!!! I have saved a lot of money doing the work myself. All the stuff in my sig was installed by me. If you have somewhat of a good working knowledge on cars and a set of tools, most of the instructions are pretty good. If not, like you said get a buddy to teach you.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:47 AM
dwnshift

Tony@performance....
Before you make accusations know the facts

The only way that these will slip is by human error and not setting them to the proper torque specs. Its about the same as saying that if you run Brand X wheels the tend to fall off...if you dont run lug nuts!
Or that if you run Brand X control arms the shims fall out.

The 350EVO front upper control arms have 1000 of miles under testing and race conditions and we never had one issue with slipping.....even after contact with the famous blue guardrail at Watkins Glenn.

We have had a custmoer in NC get hit square in the drivers side frotn wheel ( other car ran a red light) and our arms where 100% and the OEM lower control arm bent back 4-5 inches.

The fact is...there has not been 1 complaint about our front control arms from ANY customer...............I know becasue I have talked to them all personally. They have all said the same thing....they are completly satisfied.
When you put install a set of 350EVO front upper control arms.....you will have the assurance that they are a solid race proven part!

350EVO.com Designed, developed, tested and proven through motorsports!
Cheers
BJ@350EVO.com
Old 01-05-2005, 08:22 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I cant believe your tires were in that condition after 5000miles...amazing.

Did you get the compression rod recall thingy addressed? I have an 2004, so it i didnt need the recall, I had my Toyos for 10,000 miles and they looked very evenly worn. I replaced them with Michelin PS2's, but the Toyo still had 50% tread left.

Quick Reply: 350EVO Camber arm Pics & Review