Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

sagging eibach springs..

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 07:23 PM
CAL_G35C1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sagging eibach springs..

hey guys,

i put on my eibach springs on maybe 10 months ago. I recently noticed that the back right is lower than the back left.

what can be attributed to this ? What should i do to fix this??

any info would help. it is really starting the bother me.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:15 PM
islandsnow

mine did the same thing for awhile, but is back to normal. I didn't do anything to it, so i'm not sure what caused it, but the back right definitely looked lower by 1/2 inch. The only other reason i could think of is a blown shock, but mine is still stiff in that corner. Once you blow a shock, it usually settles half an inch from the loss of gas pressure, but you would have an oil leak out of that shock as well. Maybe try jacking that corner up and turning the spring a little and let it settle down again, maybe it shifted in a weird way when it settled in? Good luck, let me know if you find out anything.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:48 PM
BadDriver

Originally posted by islandsnow
mine did the same thing for awhile, but is back to normal. I didn't do anything to it, so i'm not sure what caused it, but the back right definitely looked lower by 1/2 inch. The only other reason i could think of is a blown shock, but mine is still stiff in that corner. Once you blow a shock, it usually settles half an inch from the loss of gas pressure, but you would have an oil leak out of that shock as well. Maybe try jacking that corner up and turning the spring a little and let it settle down again, maybe it shifted in a weird way when it settled in? Good luck, let me know if you find out anything.
Wouldn't be the shocks, the car only rests on the springs.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:37 AM
kzshin

actually, I think Eibach spring's quality is not as good as it used to be (compare to back then when they were all made in Germany). But that's my opinion.