Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

OEM Brembos VS Wilwood Brake SYstem

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 02:50 PM
bombrush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Brembos VS Wilwood Brake SYstem

Is it better to get a new Wilwood Brake ssytem or Used Brembos on my G ? What do you guys think?
Well i am looking to spend about $2300 ...
Old 02-07-2005, 06:59 AM
Tex Willer

I asked myself the same question...

I probably will be going with the brake zone 14" wilwood kit.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:29 PM
C Ray Z

Default 350Zbrakes have the biggest brakes and 17"

I have been tracking the 350Zbrakes.com sysytem that use the Wilwood 6 pot front ant 4 pot rear calipers. The 13.7" diameter rotors allow geat performance with the ability to use 17" wheels so I save $40 on tires. As my tack days increase this becomes a really advantage. I love the breaking and low cost replacement pads. Complete set front and rear $200.

Great performance super personal support from Russel and info during you install.

Ray
Old 02-07-2005, 07:38 PM
DocofMind

Default Re: OEM Brembos VS Wilwood Brake SYstem

Originally posted by bombrush
Is it better to get a new Wilwood Brake ssytem or Used Brembos on my G ? What do you guys think?
Well i am looking to spend about $2300 ...
There are quite a few advantages of going with Wilwood kit over the Brembo kit. First of all, you ll obviously be getting a new system as oppossed to getting a used system which you wont be sure of the condition unless you see it in person. You also get the benefit of much lower cost for replacement components. The Wilwood rotors will run you around $150 a piece while the pads are available for under $100, even the full race compounds.

You also get the advantage of a 2 piece rotor where the OEM Brembo rotors are 1 piece. The Wilwood rotors are lighter and larger and are directionally vaned which further aid in cooling. You also get stainless steel lines included with the Wilwood kits.

Here is a link to our current group buy going on right now. If you scroll down you also get detailed info on all the components used in this kit as well. If you have any more questions or concerns, please let me know.

13" 4 wheel BBK GB