Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Rotora 355mm BBK Installed (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Baumer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotora 355mm BBK Installed (pics)

Well, I got my Rotora BBK installed this past Saturday at Z1 Motorsports. Thanks to them for doing a great job on the install. I purchased the kit from Greg at Injected Performance (thanks for a great deal and fast shipment!!). It came with four 355mm slotted/cross drilled rotors, 6 piston calipers (f), 4 piston calipers (r), and stainless steel brake lines.

So far the kit is awesome. You have to make sure and have your seatbelt on because the car will literally stop on a dime. The 14" rotors look great tucked behind my 19" Volks and I was surprised to see that the larger Rotora calipers had even better clearance then my OEM Brembos. It took a little bit of driving to get the pedal feel down but once I did driving has been great. The pedal feel and response is improved thanks to the stainless steel lines. The car comes to a halt very quickly and speed does not seem to matter. I have not really pushed the brakes hard for an extended period of time but I am positive that they will perform better at the track or on a mountain road (such as the Tail of the Dragon ).

My only complaint about the whole process was that I had to order an extra set of rear bolts for the rear Brembos I sold. Grubbs Infiniti had them in stock and I asked them to overnight ship them. They charged me $35 to overnight two bolts from TX to AL. Funny thing is that when I overnighted them to my buyer (in FL) shipping was only $13.65 for the same exact box. I guess charging $8 for a bolt wasn't enough profit for Grubbs so they had to make $20-$25 on my shipping.

I'm planning on cleaning up the car tonight and posting some better pics tomorrow (these are a few Z1 took during the install). Thanks again to Injected Performance and Z1 Motorsports.
Attached Thumbnails Rotora 355mm BBK Installed (pics)-front_1.jpg  
Old 02-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Baumer

Front close-up
Attached Thumbnails Rotora 355mm BBK Installed (pics)-front_2.jpg  
Old 02-22-2005, 11:01 AM
Baumer

my partner in crime Tonio!
Attached Thumbnails Rotora 355mm BBK Installed (pics)-install.jpg  
Old 02-22-2005, 11:02 AM
Baumer

rear close-up
Attached Thumbnails Rotora 355mm BBK Installed (pics)-rear_1.jpg  
Old 02-22-2005, 11:56 AM
jmaldonado

looks good...I want some!
Old 02-22-2005, 12:02 PM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good. Did the 6 piston fronts make you pick the Rotora setup over the Stoptech setup?
Old 02-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Baumer

thanks guys..

i believe that you can also get the Stoptech fronts in 6-piston (can't you?). the 6-piston calipers sure does slow the car down in a hurry. i got the Rotora kit because I liked the slotted/cross drilled rotors. i also got the Rotora kit because Injected Performance gave me a good deal.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:23 PM
Baumer

a couple more pics... i'll have better ones tomorrow.

Old 02-23-2005, 05:19 PM
Landbarger

Hot, and awesome that you've got an identical (well...sorta) partner in crime.

Last edited by Landbarger; 02-23-2005 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:47 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

Stoptech does not offer a 6 piston front. They only sell a 4 piston front and 4 piston rear I believe.

We have one set left of the Rotora 6 Piston Front 4 Piston Rear in Blue if any one is interested.

Greg
Old 02-24-2005, 09:57 AM
Baumer

Default Better Pics

Here are some better pics of the car..
Attached Thumbnails Rotora 355mm BBK Installed (pics)-img_0703.jpg  
Old 02-24-2005, 09:58 AM
Baumer

another
Attached Thumbnails Rotora 355mm BBK Installed (pics)-img_0696.jpg  
Old 02-24-2005, 09:59 AM
Baumer

last one..
Attached Thumbnails Rotora 355mm BBK Installed (pics)-img_0701.jpg  
Old 02-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Baumer

just kidding, one more..
Attached Thumbnails Rotora 355mm BBK Installed (pics)-img_0705.jpg  
Old 02-24-2005, 10:33 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Default Re: Rotora 355mm BBK Installed (pics)

Originally posted by Baumer
.........................My only complaint about the whole process was that I had to order an extra set of rear bolts for the rear Brembos I sold. Grubbs Infiniti had them in stock and I asked them to overnight ship them. They charged me $35 to overnight two bolts from TX to AL. Funny thing is that when I overnighted them to my buyer (in FL) shipping was only $13.65 for the same exact box. I guess charging $8 for a bolt wasn't enough profit for Grubbs so they had to make $20-$25 on my shipping...........
Well don't complain too much (I am the FL buyer) the stuff didn't get here overnight but USPS priority and took two days. I might be crancky as I just flew overnight to get here so I can install my brakes before heading out to Zfest later. And as soon as I picked up the package I knew something was wrong, it weighed almost nothing, first there are only two bolts not four and second they are the WRONG bolts, they are tiny like the ones used on stock brakes to hold the calipers together, not the sliding one but the other. I am so pisssed right now, I am going to have to see if any dealer has them in stock first thing in the morning and hope I have enough time.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:45 AM
Baumer

Well, I apologize about the bolts..
First off I sent them Express which is faster then Priority. Why it took two days I don't know. I paid the extra $10 to get them there as fast as possible.

Secondly, I told Grubbs that I needed a set of bolts necessary to mount the rear Brembo calipers. I didn't have a parts catalog so I assumed that they would send the correct parts seeing how they sell parts for a living. PM me the cost of the bolts you needed and I'll send you a refund.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:21 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by Baumer
Well, I apologize about the bolts..
First off I sent them Express which is faster then Priority. Why it took two days I don't know. I paid the extra $10 to get them there as fast as possible.

Secondly, I told Grubbs that I needed a set of bolts necessary to mount the rear Brembo calipers. I didn't have a parts catalog so I assumed that they would send the correct parts seeing how they sell parts for a living. PM me the cost of the bolts you needed and I'll send you a refund.
Don't worry about it, a buddy of mine works at a dealer and he had ordered a set for me but I had told him to cancel after you said yours were on the way, well this morning I called him and luckily they had not sent them back and they were still there.

It is not the money it was more the aggrevation which was worse with the tight schedule I had, so when I got home this morning at 2 am after being up for almot 24 hours I was pissed off, I slept a couple of hours and then got the good news from my buddy and went to pick them up, they are on now and all is well, getting cleaned up to head out to Zfest in Orlando. Like I said don't worry about the money they were only 9 bucks for the 4 bolts and washers, that was his cost so not sure how much they are list.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:29 AM
Baumer

I do apologize about the inconvenience and frustration.. I'm glad that everything worked out for you and you got the brakes installed. You'll have to post some pics of the powercoated Brembos and of ZFest. If you change your mind about the parts just let me know or maybe you could trade-in the bad bolts. I'd always like people to leave with a good feeling after a transaction.