Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Bought Stillen's A-arms, toe/camber bars

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 08:12 PM
bullseye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought Stillen's A-arms, toe/camber bars

I have my G35s lowered on Eibach springs, with Eibach sway bars front and rear. I just ordered Stillen's front A-arms to adjust camber, as well as their rear toe and camber adjusters. I'm eager to get them on the car, to remove some of the negative camber that resulted from lowering. My camber is at about -2.5 degrees all around now, and I'm going to adjust it out to -0.5 degrees all around with the new pieces. Should be easier on the tires...
Old 02-22-2005, 09:49 PM
350ed
Professional

Nissan doesn't recommend under about -1.1 in the rear.
Toe is very important also for tire wear.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:28 PM
bullseye

Originally posted by 350ed
Nissan doesn't recommend under about -1.1 in the rear.
Toe is very important also for tire wear.
I hear you, loud and clear. Lowering the car 1.1" overwhelmed the stock adjustment capability, which was meager to begin with. The car corners like a fiend, but the tires wear out prematurely. I can't wait to adjust camber back to within factory specs.

Thank you.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:36 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

How adjustable are the Stillens ?
Old 02-25-2005, 06:59 AM
Road Warrior

so what's the dealio on stillen....seems like i always read more negative than positive on their stuff.

how's quallty, functionality, and customer service???
Old 02-26-2005, 10:02 AM
bullseye

Originally posted by Road Warrior
So what's the deal on Stillen....seems like I always read more negative than positive on their stuff. How's quallty, functionality, and customer service???
I've bought from Stillen for over 5 years. I have always dealt with the same sales associate there (Kenny). I have spent well over $10,000 with them. I have *never* had the first problem with them/their parts. Their part quality/fitment/functionality are very good. They have provided excellent customer service, too. They have always done exactly what they said they would do, when they said they would do it.

I read more negative than good about Stillen. Those who have had a "problem" have been far more vocal, even strident, about their woes than folks who have had no problem at all. Have you ever read a post that started with "[Vendor name] took good care of me!"? I have not.

It seems many of the folks who have had a "problem" with Stillen are folks who have tried to "get away with something" and got caught! They're not really angry about Stillen's Customer Service associates. They're mad about getting caught cheating.

For example, I read a post/rant about Stillen not honoring their supercharger warranty. They reportedly "assumed" the poster had modified the unit (smaller pulley), thus voiding the warranty. The poster denied it to Stillen, but openly admitted using a smaller pulley in his post. The poster was caught in a lie, and yet, he still expected Stillen to honor the warranty. When they would not, he went on a rant about them in every forum he could find.

Based on my personal experience, I recommend Stillen and their parts. Good luck.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:59 AM
Road Warrior

thanks for the feedback bullseye....so how do you like the stillen camber components?

have you been able to adjust everything to factory specs?

and if you don't mind me asking....how much did you pay for everything?

thanks again
Old 03-02-2005, 05:29 PM
bullseye

Originally posted by Road Warrior
thanks for the feedback bullseye....so how do you like the stillen camber components?

have you been able to adjust everything to factory specs?

and if you don't mind me asking....how much did you pay for everything?

thanks again
I have not had them installed yet. I'm waiting on my tires to be delivered, so I can have it all done in one fell swoop. I'm also thinking about a set of Koni shocks while I'm at it. I have about 50,000 miles on the odometer, and the "stocker shockers" are still on there. I might as well go with new shocks now...

Cost? I don't remember. I'm sure I'm paying the prices posted on their website. I think the a-arms, rear toe, and rear camber arms all came to about $1,600.

Last edited by bullseye; 03-02-2005 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:39 PM
jreiter

Originally posted by bullseye
I'm also thinking about a set of Koni shocks while I'm at it.
I'd highly recommend this. The damping on the Koni shocks is *so* much better than the stock shocks. Even if you plan to continue using the stock springs, upgrade to the Koni shocks.