Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

350evo or Hotchkis sways?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 05:21 PM
anubyss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350evo or Hotchkis sways?

I've read most of the discussion on this but I was looking more for input from someone who has either of these sway bars with aftermarket suspension such as JIC, Cusco, Tein, or HKS. I am pretty decided on one of these but just need a bit of a push in the right direction. I really don't care about the $100 or so price difference.

Comments on factors as fitment, which one sits closer to the ground, quality of workmanship, and noise would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:06 PM
GaryM05

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

I have the 350Evo sways (using them with the Nismo S-Tune springs and shocks,) and I've been extremely happy with them. Design, build quality, and product support have been excellent, and the handling improvement over stock is unbelievable.

I believe that the Evo sways sit closer to the ground in the rear as a result of their unique shape that was designed to provide more clearance for TD exhausts, but I've never had them scrape on anything in the 9 months that I've had them on.

One other thing to recommend the Evo sways are the fact that they include the anti-slip collars...if you go with the Hotchkis, you'll be having to buy these separately (if you want them.) As for noise, the bushings squeaked a bit at first when going over low speed bumps, but a little grease cleared that right up.

Again, I don't think you can wrong with either, but if it were me, I'd go with the race-proven setup again.

Something to be aware of when upgrading sway bars is that you'll make your rear tires work a lot harder. The stock understeer in this car used to kill my front tires long before the rears, but the more balanced handling with the sways lets me use the rears more to steer the car, which has a detrimental effect on rear tire life. Good luck with your choice!
Old 03-24-2005, 04:51 AM
anubyss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much for the info.