Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Eibach Springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 12:02 PM
LiLxDooD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Springs

Just had a question for everyone with Eibach sport springs on their 350z. How is the ride? I was ready to get the Tein S-techs but I looked at pictures and it doesnt look like is low enough for my taste. My first reason for the S-tech was to get the spring and stay on stock shocks. So for you guys with eibachs did you have to upgrade your shocks? or did you stay on stock shocks? If So hows the ride on eibach and stock shocks? Thanks in advance for the help.
P.S. If you guys could provide pictures with your eibachs on that would be great also!
Old 03-26-2005, 11:57 PM
froggy

Thumbs up

Hi,if someone knows about alignment after eibach installation (without having to get cambers) ,it would be appreciated as well
Old 03-27-2005, 06:07 AM
myz8a4re

i have the eibachs on the factory shocks. no problems at all. some say they will progressively wear at a faster rate with the eibachs. im not sure 1" lower will effect the shocks at all honestly. i love the stance. the fender sits just over the tire tread giving a very sporty look. i have the kinetix front/rear camber/toe kit so i have no alignment issues. just to note: some say they get thier alignment back into spec with the eibachs, this doesnt mean they wont experience heavier tire wear issues. the extreme bottom of spec is pretty darn aggressive in terms of uneven tire wear. yes the car handles amaizingly at these specs but if tire wear is a concernt to you i highly recommend aftermarket camber arms, very easy to install when your doing the springs. once the front coilover assembly is out in the front it honestly takes about 2 minutes to replace the control arm. 2 bolts, swap, done! the rears are easy as well. 2 bolts per rod(1 camber rod & 1 toe rod) wich can be done w/o removing any of the other susopension pieces. very easy! i have my car lowered yet my specs are closer to the top of the alignment specs allowing for more even tire wear on my 19" toyos........
just to add, if you have a TD style exhaust you will need to remove the rear section to get your rear springs in as the lower swing arms cant drop enough w/o hitting the exhaust piping(just thought id add that)........
im at my family's house in jax florida so i cant upload pics of my z from here. once i get back home on wednesday ill post up some pics of my z on the eibachs.....

-justin
Old 03-27-2005, 10:27 AM
froggy

Thanks again Justin, i appreciate your explanations, i wonder if hotchkiss spings(.5"/.75"rear) seems more balanced if i don't want to invest in cambers(or tire wear) ?
Old 03-28-2005, 02:54 PM
LiLxDooD

well heres the thing, im planning on getting the volk gt-7 in 19s, the cars i've seen with these wheels look perfect with eibachs, but im afraid i'll have to spend money on camber stuff, and shocks and all. I was thinkin about s-techs, but i dont know if s-techs would look goood with the gt-7, what do you think?
Old 03-28-2005, 03:00 PM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything Justin said : me too.

I put the Eibachs on to get rid of the "bunny hop", and they did. I have front and rear Kinetix arms, very happy, Last to be installed are some Toe cam bolts in the rear for better adjustment (I am riding on the limit).

Note : Jason at TopSpeed has a great price going for rear camber arms (not Kinetix), way to save a few bucks.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:37 PM
TX-Ruben

Be prepared to replace the shocks in about a year with a 1 inch + drop. I'd also worry about alignment, with the camber being too negative when lowered more than about 7/10ths of an inch.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:22 PM
LiLxDooD

with s-techs do you have to worry about camber and shocks?
Old 03-28-2005, 08:29 PM
808_FairladyZ

What size rims and tires will you be using after the spring install? The reason i ask is because i have a 2003 Track 350Z with the stock 18" Volk Racing Wheels and stock height. I recently installed a Nismo Exhaust System and i'm already scraping it on speed bumps. That's with stock rims, tires, and height. I think if i lower my car even an 1", i'll most likely damage my exhaust over a fairly short period of time. Maybe if i get 19" rims and slightly larger tires, i think i could get away with lowering my car. I'm glad that i put my exhaust system on before trying to lower my car or i would have problems right now. If you think that you might install an exhaust sometime later, then you might want to look into pipe clearence and ride height clearence as well. Larger wheel replacements also. Just something to think about.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:03 AM
maximumsportZ

Eibachs on right now with 20k on stock shocks, no problems.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:43 AM
froggy

If we get cambers for correct rear alignment,do we have to get both:rear camber arms + rear traction arms, or just 1 of the 2 ?
Old 03-29-2005, 09:37 AM
slaponte

You only need the rear camber arms. Some people think the traction arms fix toe, this is incorrect. For toe fixing you need larger cam bolts.

I have 26K miles on Eibachs and stock shocks, no problems. To get alignment into spec I needed : Front Upper A Arms (used Kinetix), rear camber arms (also Kinetix). Toe in the back is maxed out to the limit, got the toe cam bolts just to have adjustment space but not "required".
Old 03-29-2005, 09:38 AM
slaponte

With Eibachs and after market Y pipe, stock 18" rim and tires, I also scrape on bumps if I take them too fast. If I go slow, no scrape.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:44 PM
myz8a4re

hmmm, my traction arms helped adjust toe or at least that what my alignment tech told me. i installed all the camber/traction arms myself so my alignment was all out of whack when i brought the z in, he said he got a great alignemnt due to the aftermarket camber & toe arms........who knows, ill dig up my last alignment sheet & post what i have.......

-justin
Attached Thumbnails Eibach Springs-4.jpg  
Old 03-30-2005, 02:20 PM
slaponte

You can get some toe adjustment out of them, but this is not what they are supposed to do and in the process you are taking the caster (I think) off... The proper Toe adjustment is with the cam bolts.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:58 PM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

Lightbulb actually...

Originally Posted by slaponte
You can get some toe adjustment out of them, but this is not what they are supposed to do and in the process you are taking the caster (I think) off... The proper Toe adjustment is with the cam bolts.
caster is toe. and yes, the traction arms/toe arms do adjust toe. this is from the kinetix site. someone enlighten me if my display of ignorance is overwhelming

Originally Posted by kinetix racing
These traction adjustable arms allow fine tuning of the rear suspension and allow slight adjustment of rear wheel toe. When lowering your car 1.5"-2" and adjusting rear camber back to spec, your toe will need to be pulled back into spec as well, which can be achieved with these arms. They also feature high quality ENERGY SUSPENSION polyurethane bushings for increased handling. The increased stiffness of the arm and upgraded bushing help to eliminate "wheel hop".

n1cK!
Old 03-30-2005, 04:38 PM
slaponte

As you can see, "slight" adjustment of toe... this is also what you get with the cam bolts, for a much lower cost.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:48 PM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

Originally Posted by slaponte
As you can see, "slight" adjustment of toe... this is also what you get with the cam bolts, for a much lower cost.
for more adjustment, you may need to use both, as some have.

n1cK!
Old 04-02-2005, 04:43 PM
mario60185
Chicago Realtor

your shocks will not burn in one year...i highly doubt that...when? i dont know and any one who says is full of crap! but it def. will wear a little quiker.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:02 PM
TX-Ruben

Uh ok... problem is you'll never know when your shocks are shot because of the reduced suspension travel, and stiffer spring rates.

Quick Reply: Eibach Springs