Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

New 350Z Coilovers for testing check them out!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 07:29 AM
nissansource

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

D2 and ksport coils i have had a set of the d2 coils exact same spec as the ksport just different color. we have tracked them on a 240sx. i wasnt impressed, took the car to streets of willow springs. car had a soggy feel. first hand info on the group buy is searchable and many first hand experiances on the 240sx forums. and ka24de forums. i think you can google ksport nico 240sx. many have got ripped off. its been awhile since i have been there but a personal friend also got ripped. the company had over 30k in group buy money with the ksport usa distributer in Arizona. but if you need a nice set of suspension components for the road use D2 or ksport. if you will be drifting and tracking id use a tien or progress. sorry about the quick reply im on my pocket pc and its hard to type
Old 07-01-2005, 11:37 AM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

D2, and KSport have different distributors here in the US. My experience with D2 here in the states has been very good.

Noah @ D2 shipped me my shocks the same day I ordered them. He shipped them for free. Total cost = $1000

I don't have them on the car yet, but with those spring rates the car can't be soft.

I'm going to Sebring and will be evaluating them on the full course. I will give a full evaluation on the D2's after.

So far I haven't experienced the bad customer service with D2. Sorry people had such bad experience with KSport.

Respect
JET
Old 07-01-2005, 11:47 AM
knight_white99

Bump for JETPILOT.

After I get mine installed and do a track day, I'll give a full report about the D2's here too. I have many hours of track experience in many different cars, so I think I am somewhat qualified to address issues of trackability. I know that D2 sponsored a German Touring car in the DTM series, so they can't be all that bad.

Streetability is another issue. Everyone has their own idea of what they will accept for a "street" ride as far as comfort. On the track, the stop watch is a very objective judge.

I don't see how these shocks can have a spongy feel when the spring rates are so high. I can't believe that a company would valve a damper that is built for springs up to 21 kg/mm can feel "spongy" unless the damper is set very soft.

I will say that my own experience with the Tokico D-Specs and Eibach springs had exactly this spongy feeling (since the initial rate on the progressive Eibachs is, IMO, too soft for the track - that's a spring problem, not a damper problem). That's why I am upgrading.

BTW, I did not order mine through a group buy. I ordered them directly from the west coast distributor, CNG Distributing. Noah was very helpful - so far, customer service has been great.

I don't know what others have experienced in 240sx's. I am going to be open minded and reserve judgement until I have tested them for myself on my Z.

Last edited by knight_white99; 07-01-2005 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:15 PM
protocav

Originally Posted by GregGSC
15/13 is right on the spring rate and it is a bit heavy. here is the lbs 838.75 and 726.70 this is ruffly double the stock rate.

actually the stock rates are 5.6 front, and 6.1 rear. it is more than double in the rear, and triple in the front. since the springs are moved to the shock in the rear, you also loose your mechanical lever advantage. this probably results in an effective tripling of the spring rate in the rear, too.

this is a bad idea for anyone that drives their car on public roads.

spend some money and buy some real coilovers, people!
Old 07-01-2005, 01:15 PM
JETPILOT

Here' someone telling us to buy "real coilovers" when he "upgrades his rear camber arms with Kinetix. Get some "real" camber arms with a "real" set of spherical bearings, and then come preaching to the choir. Couldn't afford the "full" 350Evo arms package with spherical bearings? To each his own I guess.

Respect
JET
Old 07-01-2005, 01:30 PM
GregGSC

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
D2, and KSport have different distributors here in the US. My experience with D2 here in the states has been very good.

Noah @ D2 shipped me my shocks the same day I ordered them. He shipped them for free. Total cost = $1000

I don't have them on the car yet, but with those spring rates the car can't be soft.

I'm going to Sebring and will be evaluating them on the full course. I will give a full evaluation on the D2's after.

So far I haven't experienced the bad customer service with D2. Sorry people had such bad experience with KSport.

Respect
JET
Damn Taking them to sebring huh. sounds like we will get a good report on the dampening and rebound. that track is the bumpest thing i have ever driven on.. welll wait I10 going through New Orleans, only place i have bent 2 18" wheels while diving on the road.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:00 PM
protocav

Here' someone telling us to buy "real coilovers" when he "upgrades his rear camber arms with Kinetix. Get some "real" camber arms with a "real" set of spherical bearings, and then come preaching to the choir. Couldn't afford the "full" 350Evo arms package with spherical bearings? To each his own I guess.

Respect
JET
i can assure you that it was not a matter of money. let's be honest, i drive a G...not a Z. when i installed the kinetix arms about a year and a half ago, 350evo was no where near bringing their arms to the market, so i went with what was available. perhaps you didn't realize that i have been working on these cars for longer than you knew they were for sale.

don't be a *****...step up to the plate and buy some real coilovers...jackas$
Old 07-01-2005, 07:37 PM
JETPILOT

Nice jack@ss comment. I see you're a real class act. Let's hear more about products you've never used.

Respect
JET
Old 07-07-2005, 10:49 AM
MIAPLAYA

Nice jack@ss comment. I see you're a real class act. Let's hear more about products you've never used.

Respect
JET
Well this thread got interesting...so did anyone ever put these on. I would like to see some shock dynos for this setup as well if Ksport has them available. ..BTW jetpillow knowing protocav I can honestly say he has probably forgotten more about suspension and suspension design then you will ever know.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:36 AM
JETPILOT

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Well this thread got interesting...so did anyone ever put these on. I would like to see some shock dynos for this setup as well if Ksport has them available. ..BTW jetpillow knowing protocav I can honestly say he has probably forgotten more about suspension and suspension design then you will ever know.
That doesn't give him class... Nor does it you.

Regards
JET
Old 07-07-2005, 12:05 PM
MIAPLAYA

Respect
JET
Oh and that showed how much class you have right? Its amazing how you can have the ability to measure a person's "class" by their internet posting....how bout you step back from the keyboard and join the real world and quit being such a tool.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:04 PM
JETPILOT

Sure thing !!!!

Regards
JET
Old 07-07-2005, 02:14 PM
MIAPLAYA

Sure thing !!!!

Regards
JET
Edit: I digress....its not really even worth it...

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 07-07-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:22 PM
JimRHIT

MIA,

you do realize that you are arguing with someone with so much class and maturity that he resorted to picking apart someone's mod list in order to retaliate on a comment from that member that didn't support his theory on these coilovers.

It is not like he had a real argument to come back to the table with...
Old 07-07-2005, 03:37 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by JimRHIT
MIA,

you do realize that you are arguing with someone with so much class and maturity that he resorted to picking apart someone's mod list in order to retaliate on a comment from that member that didn't support his theory on these coilovers.

It is not like he had a real argument to come back to the table with...
Good point...I guess its just not worth it after alll.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:20 PM
jcpeyton

I think that this is the same guy who accused performancenissan of "shady business practices". Checkout the "rant" he posted and the numerous positive replies for Jason, Jeff, Andy,Tony, et al, ^. Someone there suggested that we lock the thread on the subject; MAYBE we should consider the same on his other "rants"???
Old 07-07-2005, 08:22 PM
JETPILOT

OUCH!!!

JET
Old 07-19-2005, 05:46 PM
JETPILOT

I'm installing my suspension Friday. I will have a prelim report posted Friday night on these shocks finally. I'm installing the D2 Sport shocks, Battle Version rear camber arms, and I am removing the stock lower control arm where the spring rests and replacing them with Battle Version lower control arms since I'm not using the stock spring location. I'm dropping the car to 25.5" all around. About 2 1/2 " in the back, and 1" in the front.

Greg...... what ever happened to your shock install?

Respect
JET

Last edited by JETPILOT; 07-19-2005 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:02 PM
nissansource

I wonder if this is the Same Ksport In AZ that ripped off people on Nico bankrupted the company and left thousands of group buy money in their hands...
Old 07-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Can't wait to hear your findings Jet, if you don't mind when you give your review, can you let us know your complete suspension modifications you have done to that point of operation?

I'm a complete suspension noob, but I was interested in how different your approach is with the springs and not using the stock spring locations and wonder if it's more beneficial over stock spring locations, etc..

Quick Reply: New 350Z Coilovers for testing check them out!