Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Lowering the Z???

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 05:14 PM
Mrbig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering the Z???

I was told by a few people that you can add just a set of eibachs with stock shocks and the car will ride fine and handle very well with added struts bars and sways as well, what do you guys think ??? Plus it will add a nicer look to the car !!!

Last edited by Mrbig; 05-28-2005 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:16 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Yes and the Z already has strut bars.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:53 PM
illudezion

i just have eibachs sportline springs and i think i make a world of a difference
Old 05-28-2005, 09:31 PM
Mrbig

Thumbs up ???

Thanks for the info i guess thats the thing to do if crazy handling isn't your thing ...lol.....
Old 05-29-2005, 05:44 AM
zzz350

Do the eibach sportline springs make the ride very rough? I don't race it or track it, so I don't need to overdue it and make it more bumpy if I don't have to, any advice. I am going to put some 18" (same reason) instead of 19", but I need to lower the z by .75" to 1".
Old 05-29-2005, 07:02 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

that much of a drop and you're looking into investing in a-arms and rear camber kits. Think about hotchkis, good even drop, stock if not better ride, designed w/ stock struts in mind, good price and if you go w/ TVS 1 kit you get some awsome sway bars.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:10 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by zzz350
Do the eibach sportline springs make the ride very rough? I don't race it or track it, so I don't need to overdue it and make it more bumpy if I don't have to, any advice. I am going to put some 18" (same reason) instead of 19", but I need to lower the z by .75" to 1".
The ride is very good with the Eibachs not rough at all, but I would add a set of Tokico's I just did and the ride was amazing, they are adjustable and if you do not want to adjust them just put them on 3-4 turns from firm and you will get an amazing smooth ride and still handle great, they are not that expensive either and if you do the springs at the same time only additional labor is for the rears which is minimal.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:51 AM
Mrbig

Default Hotchkis Springs ???

Who has these any pics and how do they do with stock shocks over the eibachs ??? Also how is the Stage 1 kit they offer (Hotchkis) ???
Old 05-29-2005, 04:36 PM
zzz350

Thanks for the info, I want to seriously look into this.
Wpak,
Are Tokico's adjustable shocks? You suggest I go with Eibach springs and Tokico adjustable shocks, Correct?

MethodRN,
I'm not sure what to even ask for to make the changes you suggest, can you be specific, I'm a nubie on mods.

Thanks both of you guys.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:26 PM
KManZ
Banned

I just had the TVS kit installed Friday, and so far it is great!!! The drop is subtle, yet noticable: the gap on my 17" rims is much cleaner looking now.

The ride is a little stiffer, which is a good thing: The hopping from the stock suspension is all but gone! And around corners the car is on rails! Definately a sweet mod, and very inexpensive too.

I will snap some photos tomorrow for you all.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:31 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Originally Posted by MethodRN
that much of a drop and you're looking into investing in a-arms and rear camber kits. Think about hotchkis, good even drop, stock if not better ride, designed w/ stock struts in mind, good price and if you go w/ TVS 1 kit you get some awsome sway bars.
+1

That's what I'm running & their great (Actually running the TVS Stage 1 Kit: Hotchkis Sports Springs + Adjustable Sways). Other springs out there will cause your camber to be out of spec & the only way you'll put it back is for aftermarket camber arms. With the Hotchkis, the drop is just right that you won't need to buy them. Don't remember the actual drop but I believe their about .8" drop. But then again, this is also about personal taste as well so maybe you'll want to run lower than that.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:49 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by zzz350
Thanks for the info, I want to seriously look into this.
Wpak,
Are Tokico's adjustable shocks? You suggest I go with Eibach springs and Tokico adjustable shocks, Correct?
Yes they are adjustable, the fronts are easy to get to in the engine compartment but the rears you have to jack the car up and pull the two bolts holding the shock in place and pull it down for access to adjust, which is not too bad and if you are not going to playing it all the time then it is fine and for that small inconvenience I would rather get them than pay for the Koni's which I hear are easier to adjust in the rear but cost a bit more.

I have the Eibach/Tokico combo and love it, right now I have them on 4 turns from firm which made it extremely comfortable for the 800 mile ride to Zdayz and it still handled the Tail of the Dragon fine. I just had the car aligned and my camber was -1.8 and -1.6 in front which is just out of spec which the max is -1.3 my caster was also just slightly out at 9.1 and the limit is 8.9 the toe was 0. The rear was also out but a little more at -2.8 and -2.4 where the max limit is -2.1, this has not been an issue in the rear before as I wear out the tires before any effect of the camber is noticeable
Old 05-30-2005, 06:22 AM
zzz350

Thanks for the info you guys, now I have some idea what to be looking for. If you suggest any websites to obtain this set up, let me know. Or do I just go to someplace like performance nissan?
Old 05-31-2005, 08:57 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Lots of great advice given so far. Again it's all about personal tastes. A little more aggressive drop w/ the eibach, can't comment on ride, great spring from what I've heard. My car is a daily driver and didn't want too low of a drop so that's why I went w/ hotchkis. Also considered Tein S-tech at the time. As for the shocks, the tokico is what I'm gonna go w/ when the time comes. As for where to get the hotchkis, I usggest looking at GSC motorsports. Great price and service. Also check out Caliente motorsports. GOod luck
Old 10-12-2005, 09:57 PM
overboostedtoy

Originally Posted by westpak
Yes they are adjustable, the fronts are easy to get to in the engine compartment but the rears you have to jack the car up and pull the two bolts holding the shock in place and pull it down for access to adjust, which is not too bad and if you are not going to playing it all the time then it is fine and for that small inconvenience I would rather get them than pay for the Koni's which I hear are easier to adjust in the rear but cost a bit more.

I have the Eibach/Tokico combo and love it, right now I have them on 4 turns from firm which made it extremely comfortable for the 800 mile ride to Zdayz and it still handled the Tail of the Dragon fine. I just had the car aligned and my camber was -1.8 and -1.6 in front which is just out of spec which the max is -1.3 my caster was also just slightly out at 9.1 and the limit is 8.9 the toe was 0. The rear was also out but a little more at -2.8 and -2.4 where the max limit is -2.1, this has not been an issue in the rear before as I wear out the tires before any effect of the camber is noticeable

do you have the pro-kit or sportline?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:35 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by overboostedtoy
do you have the pro-kit or sportline?
Prokit and I just broke down and got the Kinetix full package to correct alignment.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:53 AM
overboostedtoy

Originally Posted by westpak
Prokit and I just broke down and got the Kinetix full package to correct alignment.
was the rear toe within spec after the drop? if not, were you able to adjust it to spec. I'm debating between sportline and pro-kit. cuz what I heard the sportline wont be able to set the rear toe within spec. that's why I'm aiming for pro-kit. I had Eibach and Tokico shocks on my previous vehicle and it was a good combo.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:52 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by overboostedtoy
was the rear toe within spec after the drop? if not, were you able to adjust it to spec. I'm debating between sportline and pro-kit. cuz what I heard the sportline wont be able to set the rear toe within spec. that's why I'm aiming for pro-kit. I had Eibach and Tokico shocks on my previous vehicle and it was a good combo.
The rear toe was within spec and the camber was just out by about 0.2 degress, I could have left the back alone but I want to straighten it out a bit for better tire to road contact for the drag strip I am basically not using the outside 1 inch of the tire.