Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

The Final Answer to Rear Camber / Toe adjustments!! Battleversion Toe/Camber Arms

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 03:16 AM
Havok_RLS2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone?
Old 12-16-2005, 01:47 PM
Resolute

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a pretty rediculous place to mount the spring, imo. If you want to set the rear suspension up like chapman struts, then you might as well do it all the way and develop a better mount for the rear shock like proper struts have. mounting the springs on the damper, when the damper is attached directly to the hub via a single bearing is not going to do any one any good. Since someone wanted to talk about basic geometry, then i encourage them to look at the difference in loading on the spring in compression from bump travel vs the force of overturning moment placed on the spring in a turn. The forces placed on the spring are different and the stock location is the better place to control these forces. For the street, I'm sure there will be no problem, but you will never find this on a race car. At least not a successful one. There is more wrong with this as a serious track set-up than I have the time to discuss on this forum, but to all those who go this route, good luck. Maybe Battleversion can make an adjustable lower link that can maintain the stock location, and I'll be all over it, otherwise, a true strut design should be incorporated into this. Of course, Nissan took the more expensive route over struts, and for good reason.. In my opinion, I wouldn't bother.
Will
EDIT: posted the manufacturer's name wrong
Old 12-21-2005, 10:32 AM
spf4000

Originally Posted by Resolute
That's a pretty rediculous place to mount the spring, imo. If you want to set the rear suspension up like chapman struts, then you might as well do it all the way and develop a better mount for the rear shock like proper struts have. mounting the springs on the damper, when the damper is attached directly to the hub via a single bearing is not going to do any one any good. Since someone wanted to talk about basic geometry, then i encourage them to look at the difference in loading on the spring in compression from bump travel vs the force of overturning moment placed on the spring in a turn. The forces placed on the spring are different and the stock location is the better place to control these forces. For the street, I'm sure there will be no problem, but you will never find this on a race car. At least not a successful one. There is more wrong with this as a serious track set-up than I have the time to discuss on this forum, but to all those who go this route, good luck. Maybe Battleversion can make an adjustable lower link that can maintain the stock location, and I'll be all over it, otherwise, a true strut design should be incorporated into this. Of course, Nissan took the more expensive route over struts, and for good reason.. In my opinion, I wouldn't bother.
Will
EDIT: posted the manufacturer's name wrong
Resolute's points sound valid. What happened to all the people who adamantly believe that putting the springs on the struts is way better than the stock set up?
Old 12-21-2005, 07:16 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by spf4000
Resolute's points sound valid. What happened to all the people who adamantly believe that putting the springs on the struts is way better than the stock set up?
Hell If I know.. I've been wondering the same thang myself. Personally I just wanna know that FACTS now that I'm soon to be the proud owner of one of these coilover systems.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Havok_RLS2

I read this thread from begining to end and have yet to hear a complete review on this system regarding their performace on the track. Has anyone attempted to swap out the rear springs in favor of the lower rate ones that Gsedan35 suggested? Has there be any noise issues that have come up and if so, how many miles have been put on them before it happened? Is the "wheel hop" as bad as stock? What other dampening setting are others using and why?
From what I uderstand this system is supposed to be really good concept in theory. I'd just really like to hear what others have to say about the Buddy Club coilovers now that I own the set.

Any and all information is welcome.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:52 AM
herbGT350808

Thumbs up

So far no performance problems here but I'm in a search where the sqeaking noise coming from the rear, easy to adjust height than other coilovers with further reach for springs, and having firmest damper settings isn’t that harsh at all but fun. Hopefully, the bouncing sqeaking noise is coming from the rear camber/toe arms.

Last edited by herbGT350808; 12-26-2005 at 01:59 AM.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:08 AM
JDMFairlady21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the rear upper mounts are pillowball then it is probably that. cure for that issue is insert a foam pad in between so that there is no metal to metal direct contact.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:11 AM
twenzel

I feel much more confident with this suspension. It has allowed me to improve times in auto-xing. I have yet to do to an event on a road course but it I would say its definatley better than stock. Great deal for the price I paid.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:33 PM
Havok_RLS2

Thanks guys! Please keep this kinda information coming. Anything you can think of would again be very helpful. Thanks again on the suggestion regarding the getting rid of the squeeking noise. I'll be sure to try that during my install.

Please keep em coming.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:06 AM
Havok_RLS2

^^ BUMP for answers ^^^
Old 03-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Havok_RLS2

Bump again for 1. Battle Version Rear Toe Arm and 2. Battle Version Rear Camber Arm reviews.

Who has the best pricing on them? I want this system.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:19 AM
wong hun xun

I thought these were cool until i realized most coilovers and stock setup will not work with them. I decided to give some ebay camber arms a try:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSA...45657817QQrdZ1

These things are EXACTLY the same as Stillen. They are probably made at the same factory. Everything is back in spec after 1" drop.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:30 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wong hun xun
I thought these were cool until i realized most coilovers and stock setup will not work with them. I decided to give some ebay camber arms a try:

These things are EXACTLY the same as Stillen. They are probably made at the same factory. Everything is back in spec after 1" drop.
At first I was thinking EXACTLY the same no way. Well I went and looked at Stillen's site and well I have to pretty much agree based on pics, they sure do look the same.

http://www.stillen.com/product_detail.aspx?sku=308365

Last edited by Gsedan35; 03-12-2006 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by wong hun xun

Yeah I've beem thinking about those too but I do have the Buddy Club racing spec Coilover. I'd really like to lose the lower stock arms with the spring bucket since I wont be needing it. Gsedan35 your the man when it comes to suspensions... Any Ideas?
Old 03-12-2006, 09:32 PM
JDMFairlady21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow thats some very intriguing news
Old 04-30-2006, 06:43 PM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is the price listed in the vendor section per PAIR? or for one SINGLE arm piece is $200+????
Old 04-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by jinsei888
is the price listed in the vendor section per PAIR? or for one SINGLE arm piece is $200+????
per pair. I have them and it is by far one of the best investment I've made to my suspension second only to my Buddy Club Racing spec coilovers.

You MUCH have a true coilover for this setup.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:36 AM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
per pair. I have them and it is by far one of the best investment I've made to my suspension second only to my Buddy Club Racing spec coilovers.

You MUCH have a true coilover for this setup.
awesome thanks, yah i'm picking up Stance SUS coilovers that are true coilovers in the rear, today
Old 05-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by jinsei888
awesome thanks, yah i'm picking up Stance SUS coilovers that are true coilovers in the rear, today
Nice. Let me know how you like the Stance Coilovers. I had considered that setup at one time but stayed with the Buddy Club. I hope I made the right choice. I think I did.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:05 PM
3five0_GT

do you have to lubricate these? if so how often?
Do you have anything for the front camber/toe issues?

Last edited by 3five0_GT; 06-12-2006 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Adding question

Quick Reply: The Final Answer to Rear Camber / Toe adjustments!! Battleversion Toe/Camber Arms