Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Nismo Sway Bars - how many versions/revisions? ASAP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 12:48 PM
Jamaica2G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nismo Sway Bars - how many versions/revisions? ASAP PLEASE!

Hey you guys, I have been searching and cannot come to a definitive conclusion... Are there different versions to the sway bars that Nismo Sells? Were the 2003-04 ones any different in stiffness than the 05's? I'm sorry to ask such a seemingly dumb question, but your help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

If you are reading this, and you know the answer, please, don't be lazy, I need the info ASAP. Many Many Thanks!

Adrian
Old 10-20-2005, 01:30 PM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, Japanparts.com lists diff. suspension kits for '03-04 and '04.5-'05 (or whenever they changed things slightly), but if you look up the sways alone, there is just the one set listed. I'm pretty sure the only changes were made in the suspension itself and the sways stayed the same.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:11 AM
palepony

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

jamaica

mustogofaster responded on the change on the OEM change in the sway bar but your question was on nismo aftermarket products from the sounds of your post

just trying to be polite but when you tell people not to be lazy, you might not get much a response when this question could be easily answered by using the site search engine, you will get your answer. since i'm not '"lazy" here you go...

two products are offered by nismo; links to a respected sponsor of this site
s-tune sways
http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...products_id=38
SCCA sways
http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...oducts_id=2097

one is a fixed sway, the other is adjustable. if you look at the sticky post at the top of this sub-forum, it will show the specs on both these products. the 350evo sways are said to be the nismo scca product by inference by this forum.

hope that helps, and welcome to the forum

pp

Last edited by palepony; 10-24-2005 at 03:23 AM.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:09 AM
Lawn Dart

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just to clear things up palepony, the first set is the Nismo sway bars, the second set is the Nissan Motorsports USA sway bars.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:36 PM
Jamaica2G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

palepony, I kept on searching that night... basically if I get either one of those bar sets that you just posted links for, I will be extremely happy. I had been searching hard and never found any weak or stock-like bar sets.

The reason why I said don't be lazy is because I needed info asap... meaning, an auction was ending and I purchased a set of nismo bars for $XX shipped :-) - hence my excitement in wanting to figure out if there were any el-cheapo versions or any that were barely stiffer than stock.

Sorry if this annoyed you, I really didn't mean it to. I was just imagining times where I know the answer to something off the top of my head and didn't feel like typing it but then, realizing that it might be important to someone, I take out the 3.25 min to share the info. It was solely for motivation for nice people like you hehehehe - Thanks you guys & sorry for being a PITA!

Easy,

Adrian
Old 10-24-2005, 04:34 PM
palepony

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

lawn dart - thanks, i did not know that. since performance listed them as nismo, i presumed wrong.

jamaica - no problem. not annoyed, i just saw you didn't receive much of a response and was trying to rationalize why. congrats on your new purchase, it sounds like you got a good deal.

pp