Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Lowered and no wheel alignment

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 02:13 PM
atlsupdawg#2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowered and no wheel alignment

YET.......Just installed my GF210 springs yesterday evening and won't be able to get an alignment until the end of the week.

I know I'm gonna catch it for this one but I've been driving the car and really enjoying the new feel. Cornering is better, acceleration is awesome and it looks 100% better with those fender gaps filled. But, I've noticed a few things and want to know if it has to do with not having an alignment. First, when I pull from a dead stop in 1st gear it feels like I'm riding over grooves in the road. Sorta like those deals on the side of the road that keep you awake when you drift off. In 2nd gear I don't feel it as much but I start to hear a bit of knocking from the rear and it becomes really pronounced in 3rd. Heavy 4th gear acceleration is fine.

Looking at the car from the rear you can definetly tell there's A LOT of negative camber which makes for awesome cornering BTW. By lowering the car and not having done the alignment yet is it possible that the rear driveshafts could be under stress?? Could this be leading to the different feel of the rear end and the knocking I'm hearing?? Basically, I don't much mind a little wear on the tires but I don't wanna f**k up the rear end..
Old 11-08-2005, 10:32 AM
SLBKBULLET

It Could Be A# Of Things But The Most Likely Is Tire Rub. Check The Rear Tires And See If They Have Any Marks On Them, Signs Of Rubbing. Yes Lowering A Car Can Put More Stress On The Cv-shafts Or Driveshafts, But I Don't Think It Would Affect The Z That Much, Unless Your Camber Is Rediculously Far Out, It's Hard To Say Without Seeeing It, And The Knocking That Could Be The Driveline Hitting Something?
Old 11-08-2005, 11:04 AM
drifter23

Post some pics if you can. I'm going to get these springs also and wanted to see the gaps between the tire and the fender.