Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Differences between sway bar brands, do they make that much of a difference?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Mr.Jadkowski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differences between sway bar brands, do they make that much of a difference?

I can't seem to decide on which sways I want to go with.. I keep second-guessing my choices. I decided I'm going to put some d-spec shocks/struts on, so I'll have that as my primary suspension adjustment. The sways would really be there just to fine-tune the setup. So should I really be worrying about getting the BEST set I can (350evo) or just get A set (stillen/eibach maybe) so I can make an adjustment. I'm going to ditch the staggered setup (for racing, anyways) so I'm not worried about an extra stiff bar to help with understeer). Just for reference, this will be a BSP autox setup, with the following:

275/40/R17 azenis RT-615 tires
GF210 springs
Tokico D-spec shocks
xx brand sways
Old 12-17-2005, 05:55 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Your going to autox on progressive springs? That I do not recommend, you have far better choices avaliable to you that will do a much better job for you on the course. Don't compromise unless your not really serious. You'd be better off with the Tokico shock and spring package, almost the same drop as the Tanabe's and you get the linear springs you should be running. Another choice that comes to mind would be TCKline's linear spring's which will drop you 1" and offer a higher front and rear spring rate vs the Tokico springs.

As far as sway bars, you've kinda saying you don't have reason to chase the highest specific front bar strength's that you can get. In which case either the Stillen or Eibach bar set's will do you fine. Though I will point out that the Stillen's do have a cost advantage.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:05 AM
Mr.Jadkowski

Yeah, I've heard people say that it's not a good idea to run on progressive springs. I've considered changing mine out before. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out. I dunno if I'm really going to replace my tanabes. I autocrossed all last year on them and never had a problem. I think I'll probabally get the shocks and sways, and if I find myself having a problem I'll get some linear springs when that happens.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:03 PM
wren57
Banned

I love my hotchkis sways...
Old 12-27-2005, 06:08 PM
BlackSpec02

im pretty torn on sways too... i had tentatively decided on eibachs but it could easily be a flavor of the week preference... i dont really know what the difference is between them and the other hollow bars.... i dont really want the weight of solid bars though.