Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

I have a suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 03:26 AM
jmr0311

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a suspension question

I have a questions about suspension upgrades, Guys. I just recently install some Hotchkis springs and sway bars with the McMaster-Carr collars on my Z. The first couple of days after the installation the way the car was responding was awesome but more days went by and I satarted noticing that the car wasn't performing the same way. I think the car needs alignment after this upgrade but I'm wondering if this is the reason why the car doesn't feel as glued to the ground as before when cornering.

I'm thinking to take it to the dealer to have the alignment corrected but I was just also wondering if you guys know the specifications for the front and the back so I can see what good of a job the dealer will do in my Z. Thank you very much people for any input.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The dealer will have the alignment specs, but I would set the car as follow's.

1mm total front toe in

1.4mm total rear toe in

Adjust as much rear camber out as possible without effecting the rear toe setting above.

Also, make it very clear that you want to see a print out of their work BEFORE any adjustment equipment is removed from the car. Watch out for uneven toe setting's side to side front and rear.