Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

buddy club vs tanabe?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 10:47 PM
itsjoshufocker

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default buddy club vs tanabe?

im looking into a set of coilovers right now.. and the choice has come down to these two. i want to lower the car... and i want the maximum comfort out of these coilovers, but i also want performance... i dont track very often, but i like to have "spirited" runs up the windy hills anybody have feedback on the buddy club racing spec coilovers or the TANABE Sustec Pro S-0C? im leaning towards the tanabe right now cuz of the cheaper price...
Old 01-27-2006, 11:40 PM
g_torphins

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No experience of the Buddy Club set up but I have the Sustec Pro S-OC IIs.
Makes for a totally different car IMHO.Car has far better poise and is totally solid when cornering giving loads more confidence.
Ride quality is good even on the uneven bumpy *** Scottish roads I drive on.Good range of height adjustment and the pricing is fantastic.
Install was straight forward,just had to reuse the stock top mounts and a few other pieces.Very satisfied with them.

Hopefully a Buddy Club owner will chime in.....
Old 01-28-2006, 03:59 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I see that you are looking at coilovers and mainly Buddyclub and Tanabe...
I have a set of JICs on sale for 1400 INSTALLED
its much more tuner oriented than buddyclub and tanabe ...
If you are in Fremont, NY you might want to drive down to PA (Philly area) and have it installed (1 day worth of work)

PM me .. ur PM box needs cleaning! (full)
Old 01-28-2006, 09:42 AM
itsjoshufocker

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

haha sorry bud, im in fremont, CA. sounds real tempting though!
Old 01-28-2006, 10:11 AM
350Zteve

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aren't the Buddy Clubs the ones that relocate the rear spring to a coil over? To me, this is very unproven from a safety standpoint and would not be something I would do.

Originally Posted by itsjoshufocker
im looking into a set of coilovers right now.. and the choice has come down to these two. i want to lower the car... and i want the maximum comfort out of these coilovers, but i also want performance... i dont track very often, but i like to have "spirited" runs up the windy hills anybody have feedback on the buddy club racing spec coilovers or the TANABE Sustec Pro S-0C? im leaning towards the tanabe right now cuz of the cheaper price...
Old 01-30-2006, 04:22 AM
twenzel

I have the Buddy Club setup and they are a great deal for the money. Pillowball uppermounts are much more precise than using the factory rubber strut mounts.

The true coilover setup in the rear has been great. I can adjust rebound separatley from ride height, which is something you cant do with the other setups. I've been running these for 6 months or so and no problems whatsoever the coils being on the strut instead of the factory location.

Best of all they are completely silent with the exception of the pillowball mounts sqeaking ocassionaly over very bumpy roads at slow speeds. No spring rattles that you find on the tein or JIC setups.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:29 AM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by tonywenzel
I have the Buddy Club setup and they are a great deal for the money. Pillowball uppermounts are much more precise than using the factory rubber strut mounts.

The true coilover setup in the rear has been great. I can adjust rebound separatley from ride height, which is something you cant do with the other setups. I've been running these for 6 months or so and no problems whatsoever the coils being on the strut instead of the factory location.

Best of all they are completely silent with the exception of the pillowball mounts sqeaking ocassionaly over very bumpy roads at slow speeds. No spring rattles that you find on the tein or JIC setups.
I second the Buddy Club setup. I currently have the Buddy Club Racing Spec system which will be install on my Z once my new wheels arrive form Z-1. I don't think I'll be sorry at all and would be that you wont either.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:45 AM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by 350Zteve
Aren't the Buddy Clubs the ones that relocate the rear spring to a coil over? To me, this is very unproven from a safety standpoint and would not be something I would do.

What are you talking about?
Old 01-30-2006, 08:42 AM
anotheraznguy

try some zeals...
i think they one of the few that are inverted so u can actually adjust the damper on the bottom in the rear..
i am in fremont alot too i can take u for a spin and let me know what u think of it daily drivability.

but
if you had to go with either..
i'd say go with buddy club.