Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

350evo sway install question

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 09:29 PM
accordfreak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 350evo sway install question

i read all the install threads but i have one question that i couldn't find an answer to.

I flipped the front end links so the longer bolt will be bolted on to the sway. My question is do you keep the washer? It seems like there are 2 threads left on the nut when I tightened it with the washer. I feel that it could be a bit unsafe. Did you guys leave it on or off?

thanks
Old 02-04-2006, 07:34 AM
xziteme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When they installed my 350EVO sways, they had to grind off some of the metal at the end of the sways so that more threads show through when you tighten up the nut w/ the washer.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:02 AM
C Ray Z

Default Read the instructions

There is a suttle change required. You need to remove the connecting link and flip it upside down. The link looks symetrical but is not.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:03 PM
1G-350Z

Originally Posted by accordfreak
i read all the install threads but i have one question that i couldn't find an answer to.

I flipped the front end links so the longer bolt will be bolted on to the sway. My question is do you keep the washer? It seems like there are 2 threads left on the nut when I tightened it with the washer. I feel that it could be a bit unsafe. Did you guys leave it on or off?

thanks
Where did you get the 350evo sways from... Last time I checked they were back ordered...
Old 02-04-2006, 11:18 PM
accordfreak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought it used for 150.

update: I left the washers out. I hope that won't cause any problems unless someone tells me why I should leave them on. the bolts threads to the end of the nut now since the washers are out.

I just test drove it and it feels great but for some reason the steering response seems a little loose? It doesn't feel as tight as before. MAybe my collars are a little too loose?

any comments?
Old 02-05-2006, 04:17 PM
CrazyMike

Originally Posted by accordfreak
I bought it used for 150.

update: I left the washers out. I hope that won't cause any problems unless someone tells me why I should leave them on. the bolts threads to the end of the nut now since the washers are out.

I just test drove it and it feels great but for some reason the steering response seems a little loose? It doesn't feel as tight as before. MAybe my collars are a little too loose?

any comments?
What setting did you use in front? The softest setting on the 350evos is slightly less stiff than stock. If that's the case, give the middle holes a shot. The collars shouldn't change the feel of the sways too much. They are mainly there to keep the sway centered and keep it from bumping the struts.