Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Bleeding Brembos?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 02:21 PM
J Ritt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Enthuz,
Sorry about #3...I whipped that out in a hurry yesterday...I just reread that when I got back to my office this afternoon and realized that didn't make sense! I'll try to paint a little picture...try to visualize with me.

If you look at a bleed screw, it has little orifices on either side where it sits down in the caliper...that's how the fluid flows through it and in and out of the portion where you're attaching your bleeder hose. Below those little holes is a tapered seat, which seals off fluid from the system when tightened. When you loosen the bleed screw and open that seat, fluid wants to come around the threads of the bleed screw, but instead is drawn into those orifices and out into the hose. When you tighten the bleed screw back down, and leave the fluid in the tip of the bleed screw...with time and heat, the fluid can be drawn back down and out of those orifices. It won't actually go back into the system because the seat has it blocked off. It will however, work its way up along past the threads, creating a mess, as well as potentially damaging/corroding the painted area around the bleed screw hole. Sorry for the miscommunication!

Enjoy those arms...they make a big difference.