Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Have aftmkt rear camber arms...come in here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 04:29 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Have aftmkt rear camber arms...come in here!!!

I have the nismo S-tune suspension and 18x10 inch wheels with 295 BFG drag radials on them. Under hard acceleration, my suspension compresses a good amount and I only have about a 3.5-4 inch traction patch on the inside of the tires. The car still hooks great but I wear the inside of my rear tires out pretty fast.

My alignment guy could only get my rear to -1.4 degrees of camber on the factory arms. I need to get some aftermarket arms to pull more camber out, and am considering a couple options. The Kinetix kit looks pretty good but I don't know if I need the "traction bars" since my car isn't lowered much at all (only 20mm according to nismo).

Here's the kinetix kit:
http://www.kinetixracing.com/index.a...WPROD&ProdID=4

Here's just a set of camber arms:
http://www.groupbuycenter.com/product.aspx?id=23103&f=1

Which would be better for my setup and do I really "need" the traction (toe) bars?
Old 04-18-2006, 04:31 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

screw those IMHO... id go with 350evo's rear arms, machines and beautiful.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:35 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by MI 35th
screw those IMHO... id go with 350evo's rear arms, machines and beautiful.

Got a link for those? They don't even list them on the website.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:37 PM
MIAPLAYA

Actually the cheapest setup that will get your car as far as it needs to go is the SPC setup. According to the webpage it offers +/- 3 degrees in toe and +/- 4 degrees in camber. I can tell you I have this setup and during my last alignment while messing with it the alignment guy had it to -1.0 degrees and had plenty to go. I currently have mine set at -1.4 on the rear in camber and .-1 overall toe in. Front is at -1.4 both sides in camber and -.05 total toe in. That being said you could easily go more positive then -1.0 in the rear if you need to or far more negative then what I have. Plus at $220 shipped they are a steal. http://www.iapdirect.com/item.asp?invid=622

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 04-18-2006 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:38 PM
theking

I would get the Kinetix. I had a set of them but decided to leave the stock suspension. It is top notch. The person that I sold them to absolutely loves it. He reported no wheel hop as he was previously experiencing.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:40 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Actually the cheapest setup that will get your car as far as it needs to go is the SPC setup. According to the webpage it offers +/- 3 degrees in toe and +/- 4 degrees in camber. I can tell you I have this setup and during my last alignment while messing with it the alignment guy had it to -1.0 degrees and had plenty to go. I currently have mine set at -1.4 on the rear in camber and .-1 overall toe in. Front is at -1.4 both sides in camber and -.05 total toe in. That being said you could easily go more positive then -1.0 in the rear if you need to or far more negative then what I have. Plus at $220 shipped they are a steal. http://www.iapdirect.com/item.asp?invid=622

Fantastic...looks like one vote for the SPC setup.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:41 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by theking
I would get the Kinetix. I had a set of them but decided to leave the stock suspension. It is top notch. The person that I sold them to absolutely loves it. He reported no wheel hop as he was previously experiencing.
Damn..now I'm torn again...although I rarely get wheel hop (DRs pretty much always hook), Anything that could stiffen up the rear setup would be good. This is going to be a tough decision.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:42 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
Fantastic...looks like one vote for the SPC setup.
And I will also mention every single SD guy with any kind of camber arm in the rear is running these. Several of them started with something else like Kinetix or Stillen and switched.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:43 PM
MIAPLAYA

Damn..now I'm torn again...although I rarely get wheel hop (DRs pretty much always hook), Anything that could stiffen up the rear setup would be good. This is going to be a tough decision.
I'll let you make your own decision but trust me when I tell you for the money theres not really anything better out there.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:52 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

+1 on the SPC arms. I got them for like $165 but I'll be damned if I can remember where from...I'll dig it up if you really need it.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:58 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by 35ounces
+1 on the SPC arms. I got them for like $165 but I'll be damned if I can remember where from...I'll dig it up if you really need it.

Dude...if you could dig it up that would be fantastic.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:11 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

NOPI = nopionline.com

I think these are the ones (you need 2) http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore/...%20350Z%202003
Old 04-18-2006, 05:29 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Brian-I have both Kinetix Camber/traction arms AND the SPC Eccentric bolts for camber/toe on my car. For some reason with just the Kinetix set-up my car had horrible camber-it was worse than -2.4 degrees in the rear. at it sprevious ride height setting which was way low. I then added the SPC set-up which is cheaper btw, and it brought it to -1.9 degrees rear camber. I ran the Kinetix stuff for 20K+ miles, and adjusting the traction/toe arm is not the proper way to adjust toe. I think over time it did something to make my suspension get out of alignment even worse. Actually I have never told anybody this, but I had a Kinetix Traction rod break as I drove down the highway no potholes or anything involved! It seemed the way the traction rod was adjusted it put too much stress on my setup-this is why I set it back some, and used the SPC kit to help get it acceptable. Anyways sorry for ramblin on, but Ive had my car aligned 5X now, Ive had camber as bad as -4.3 degrees to my now -1.8/1.9. Also over time with just the Kinetix stuff only on my car my camber would slowly go negative again.

www.iapdirect.com sells the SPC stuff, I recommend it. I wish I wouldnt have slammed my car like a dumba$$ when I got the coilovers, and I wish I would have done more research on camber kits but good luck with your set-up. Im actually contemplating raising the car for around only -1 rear camber but I love the look too much and my tire wear is much more acceptable than what I used to get.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:00 PM
taurran

I have SPC rear camber arms and they work great. Right now I'm running Eibach springs which drop it 1-1.5in all the way around, so camber was an issue. I have rear camber set to -.8 deg (less than stock specs) and I now get full contact with my rear tires. Traction is still an issue, but I do notice a slight difference in 2nd gear (then again, it might be that damn placebo effect).

I got them for about $220 from a place in Orlando. Great deal.

As far as the install, it's pretty simple. One of mia's buddies has a writeup with the correct cutting bit for routing out the rear toe bolt holes. Just make sure you have some blocks of wood, plenty of grease, and a rubber mallet to fit it all back together.

Below is a picture of my rear alignment with the SPC camber kit.

Edit: I too have doubts about Kinetix's quality. I've had other parts of theirs break on me, and have seen some quality issues with other items from them.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

SPC would do the job. No need to spend EXTRA for Evo.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Gman2004

Here are some good write ups on the this.

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthre...netix+traction

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35796

I think I can get a discount through IAP for being a member of the Florida G35 Club. Let me know if you want me to look into it.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:56 PM
roncfpz

Another vote for the SPC setup; great for camber adjustments and only (or one of very few) way to correct toe. You can get them here also:

http://www.iapdirect.com/item.asp?invid=785

Good luck!
Old 04-18-2006, 07:29 PM
taurran

Yeah, that's where I got mine as well. Arrived on my doorstep the day after I ordered.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:00 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Got a link for those? They don't even list them on the website.
Sorry GOLF outting and teaching...

Call BJ Zacharias from www.350evo.com/ wright tuning...

i think he has a few sets left.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:40 PM
MIAPLAYA

The SPC toe bolt write up was lost on my server but I think protocav may still have a copy. I'll see if I can get it from him if you need it. Trust me and everyone else here, don't waste money on Kinetix or 350 Evo. The SPC units work the best for the least amount of money. The traction arms are absolutely the worst way to adjust toe. When they do adjust it at the same time they alter rear caster and stress the entire assembly. The only PROPER way to adjust toe is to change the position of the spring bucket which is done with the SPC toe bolts. For front camber absolutely the EVo A arms are the way to go. For the rear the SPC offers everything you need at the abolsute best price on the market.

Quick Reply: Have aftmkt rear camber arms...come in here!!!