Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

tein s tech springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Lem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tein s tech springs

i searched and searched.. but i cant seem to find a diy or install procedure for tein s tech springs... but if someone can point me in the right direction it'd be much appreciated... can anyone help me out thanks in advance
Old 06-18-2006, 11:05 AM
Lem

ill have my springs in by tuesday i just need a diy just in case something goes wrong and i miss something or something to follow for that matter
Old 06-18-2006, 11:08 AM
1nate7

http://www.g-owners.com/article_read.asp?id=25
Old 06-18-2006, 03:37 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

On the front the process needs to be rewritten, using the spring compressor is out.

As a courtesy I'll spell it all out.

Remove nut on sway bar end link on suspension control arm.

Use floor jack to compress suspension upwards to relieve pressure on the sway bar end link bolt, you goal it to push the bolt out of the suspension arm.

Remove lower bolt on shock/spring assembly, you may or may not need to use the floor jack to adjust pressure on the suspension in order to free the bolt.

Unbolt the brake line from the shock, push off the speed sensor lines off the shock.

Look up at the bottom of the upper A arm that's closest to you. See the cotter pin in it. Remove that pin, your not going to be able to reuse it, replace it with a 3/32" by 1" pin on reasembly.

With the cotter pin out loosen the nut above it and turn it about 3 turn's. Since the A arm usually sticks in place on that bolt, you'll need to tap or whack the A arm with a rubber mallet to pop the bolt free. Once you get it free now take the nut off all the way. BUT be carefull once you do, the entire suspension will flop free and to the side, don't get hurt.

Now pop the hood of the car if you haven't already done so. Break free the 3 nuts that secure the top shock mount, removing only 2 nuts. On the 350Z IIRC you might have to remove the strut tower bar, though I could be wrong. Reach into the wheel well with one hand and grab the shock/spring assembly and push upwards while with the other free hand you undo the last upper shock mount bolt.

Guide the shock/spring assembly out of the car. Be very carefull at the fender lip, easy to scratch.

With the shock/spring assembly off the car it's time to deal with getting the spring off the shock. Some Z owner's may elect to not use a spring compressor, be carefull if you do.

When you get to the point of needing to break free the bolt the secures the shock to the shock mount here's how I figured out to break it free even if it's really on their hard.

Use the wrench in the middle of the picture, got mine at Sears 17mm and 19mm.

Use that wrench and a cresent wrench in the following order.

Place the shock/spring assembly on the highest grip surface you can find. Grab the wrench, put your foot on the whole assembly and pull back with as much as it takes to get the nut free.

Hope that helps,

Repeat on the other side of the car of course.

Last edited by Gsedan35; 06-18-2006 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:27 PM
Lem

thanks for the help much appreciated ill be doing the install hopefully by the end of this week or next ill update if i have any problems
Old 06-28-2006, 01:39 AM
Lem

the install went successful thanks for the help guys although theres a noise clunk when i hit a bump i think i need to re tighten my hats or strut bar possibly