Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 12:32 PM
spratocaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension?

So I am looking to upgrade the suspension on my 2004.5 performance model. I am looking for the best solution for a car that will be autox'ed regularly in the summer, with a few track days thrown in. I am not super concerned about street comfort, though the car is daily driven in the summer. I have looked at both "spring and shock" combo's as well as full coilovers. Of course I would also do new a-armsin the front , camber links and toe bolts in the rear, new sway bars, and some subframe connectors. What I am wondering is this: is the expensive of coing to a full coilover worth it? If so, what coilovers should I be looking at and what sort of spring rates should I be running? Either way, I am curious what people think is he proper spring rates for the track.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:31 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by spratocaster
So I am looking to upgrade the suspension on my 2004.5 performance model. I am looking for the best solution for a car that will be autox'ed regularly in the summer, with a few track days thrown in. I am not super concerned about street comfort, though the car is daily driven in the summer. I have looked at both "spring and shock" combo's as well as full coilovers. Of course I would also do new a-armsin the front , camber links and toe bolts in the rear, new sway bars, and some subframe connectors. What I am wondering is this: is the expensive of coing to a full coilover worth it? If so, what coilovers should I be looking at and what sort of spring rates should I be running? Either way, I am curious what people think is he proper spring rates for the track.

Hi and welcome to the boards! FYI, I would recommend using the search function before as questions like this have been asked quite a few times. As far as your suspension setup, it sounds like the Teix FLEX will be a great setup for you. You will be compromising a little bit of ride comfort but it is a great coilover to start out with as an entry level coilover for track use and will be great for auto crossing.

SUSPENSION
Old 06-30-2006, 02:18 PM
MoodDude

Are you concerned about what class you might run for AutoX? If you are than read the rules before you do anything.

Now - Coilovers are worth the money since they allow you to lower the ride hieght and get a perfect cross weight with you and your fuel load. Yet, they will proabably move you up a class or two.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:16 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by spratocaster
PM me, any questions you may have about your suspension, and I will help you to narrow down your choices. We have pretty much tried almost every type suspension redily available for these cars (Z's and G's) and even some custom made springs and shock/ coilover stuff. If you want help, PM me for my contact number, or send me yours......