Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Mad as hell at STOP TECH (flame suit on)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Mr_Q

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stop Tech pricing 350z BBK kits more than their Stang one?

Their pricing on 14" BBK for all four wheels on the newer Mustang GT models is nearly HALF of what their whacking us for our 350z?!?!?!?

You are trying to tell me their is some extra engineering in the 350z setup?!??

Hell even the 13", SMALLER, kit from Stop-Tech is more expensive than the Mustang 14" kit!

I hate this import price gouging company's do! It's the same for almost anything. Exhausts, internals, suspension and now brakes! But brakes being the worst, at least Stop-Tech's pricing.

Thanks for maintaining the status quo.

Last edited by Mr_Q; 07-04-2006 at 12:24 AM. Reason: more appropiate subject title
Old 07-03-2006, 05:20 PM
deezz

Don't know much about aftermarket braking systems, but this seems like "perception" pricing. Mustangs are a lot cheaper and way more of them on the road. The 350Z is seen as more of a specialty car that people w/ more disposalble income would buy. Perception....Mustang buyers have less money to spend...Z owners have more to spend and willing to pay because of the exclusive factor of the car. Just my .02
Old 07-03-2006, 06:09 PM
lex350

I kind of agree. I see this kind of pricing for our 350z alot. Since I'm coming from a Fox Body Mustang that was the first thing that hit me, right in my wallet.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:29 PM
StopTech
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to clarify, we do not offer ANY rear big brake kit for any Mustang. Our Mustang kits are front only. If you compare a 14" front only 4 piston Mustang kit with a 14" front only 4 piston 350Z kit, the pricing is exactly the same.

Are you still mad as hell at us? You might want to change the title of your post so you dont look like the tool

-Erik-

Last edited by StopTech; 07-03-2006 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by StopTech
Just to clarify, we do not offer ANY rear big brake kit for any Mustang. Our Mustang kits are front only. If you compare a 14" front only 4 piston Mustang kit with a 14" front only 4 piston 350Z kit, the pricing is exactly the same.

Are you still mad as hell at us? You might want to change the title of your post so you dont look like the tool

-Erik-
Owned..lol
Hey Eric, we need a set of 14" fronts in black ASAP, whats out lead time looking at right now?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:38 PM
StopTech
Vendor - Former Vendor

Out of the office til Wednesday...we'll talk then.

-Erik-
Old 07-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

lolz..just don't buy from Stoptech. You can buy other brands at almost half price. Anything for the Z is over price.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Oleg

Originally Posted by deezz
Z owners have more to spend and willing to pay because of the exclusive factor of the car. Just my .02
Another one with the "Ferrari complex"...
I see as many Z's on the street as Mustang GT's. Factor in the G35c, at least where I live, 3 VQ powered coupes to 2 V8 Mustangs...

Or maybe I just live in a classier area.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:32 PM
m1james@bellsou

Originally Posted by StopTech

-Erik-
Way to easy on the original poster....dumbphuck would not have been disrespectful at all and quite acceptable IMO......and the rest of you children complaining about the same pricing as a Mustang being too high.....huh?
Old 07-03-2006, 09:59 PM
deezz

Originally Posted by Oleg
Another one with the "Ferrari complex"...
I see as many Z's on the street as Mustang GT's. Factor in the G35c, at least where I live, 3 VQ powered coupes to 2 V8 Mustangs...

Or maybe I just live in a classier area.
Maybe you should read the post a little closer. I said "PERCEPTION" of vendors...not me. I don't have any disillusions as to what kind of car I own...A 350Z..not a Porshe, Ferrari, Lambo.
I was simply saying the perception of SOME vendors. I do believe that some do think they have a "supercar", but not me. The Z is a fun car to drive, but no complex here.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Mr_Q

Well the vendor I was going through showed me the price comparos that prompted me to start this thread. (and no I will not list them)

Stop Tech should be aware the premium vendors are charging their 350z customers.

Nissan was very stand up about this when they first launched the 350z. Dealers were price gouging the hell out of people and it is widely known that Nissan started calling up dealerships and telling them, "time to rethink your price strategy". Be nice if Stop Tech would do the same.

Out of respect, I changed the subject of this original thread.

Last edited by Mr_Q; 07-04-2006 at 12:24 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:39 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubble
lolz..just don't buy from Stoptech. You can buy other brands at almost half price. Anything for the Z is over price.
what happened to the disrespectful member posting rule?

Yes Stoptech is not the only option, but it is among the best in it's price range

Mr Q - sounds like maybe you should pick a differnet vendor. There are some excellent deals to be had on Stoptech, and every other part out there for the Z, from a variety of places

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 07-04-2006 at 07:41 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Oleg

Originally Posted by deezz
Maybe you should read the post a little closer. I said "PERCEPTION" of vendors...not me. I don't have any disillusions as to what kind of car I own...A 350Z..not a Porshe, Ferrari, Lambo.
I was simply saying the perception of SOME vendors. I do believe that some do think they have a "supercar", but not me. The Z is a fun car to drive, but no complex here.

I do stand corrected.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Vendors do not set retail pricing, manufacturers do.Not all vendors are on the same pricing discount and able to ***** stuff out as much as other vendors. If vendor "A" buys 10 sets of brakes a month and vendor "B" buys 1 or 2 sets a month, who do you think is getting the better deal from the manufacturer? Its simple business economics,buy in bulk and sell cheap...
Old 07-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Mr_Q

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
what happened to the disrespectful member posting rule?
I changed my subject posting. Although it did not update the main thread title.

Still, *I* feel disrepected as a Z owner for getting gouged. And maybe this thread wasn't locked--yet--because the powers that be are as upset as I am on the 350z price gouge vendors seem to get away with.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:09 PM
MoodDude

If you are that mad - sell your Z and get something that you believe the venders won't gouge you?
Old 07-04-2006, 01:00 PM
StopTech
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mr_Q
I changed my subject posting. Although it did not update the main thread title.

Still, *I* feel disrepected as a Z owner for getting gouged. And maybe this thread wasn't locked--yet--because the powers that be are as upset as I am on the 350z price gouge vendors seem to get away with.

Sorry you feel that way, but we do not do any price gouging. Our pricing is very consistent across the varying sizes we offer for all of the platforms we support although there are some variations when unique or complicated parts are required for proper fitment. If you feel the shop you spoke with treated you unfairly, then as a consumer you should go somewhere else, but dont get mad at us for it. We cannot set the price that our resellers can sell at so if they want to charge you more than everyone else, they have every right to. There are plenty of shops that will be more than happy to work with you on the price of a kit that are sponsors of this board that you might want to get in touch with. You can also contact us directly and we can recomend an online shop or a shop local to you with install facilities if that is a service you would like or need.

-Erik-

Last edited by StopTech; 07-04-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:06 PM
MSOsr

Perhaps Stop Tech could give us all a huge discount to make us feel better.......

Mike (always looking for a deal)
Old 07-04-2006, 01:30 PM
StopTech
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MSOsr
Perhaps Stop Tech could give us all a huge discount to make us feel better.......

Mike (always looking for a deal)
We can't do a huge discount, but maybe a tasty cookie will make you feel better

Old 07-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Mr_Q

All I know is I find it crappy that I have $3000 and I cannot get track quality brakes on my 350z, from Stop Tech. $3000 is A LOT OF MONEY.

I want Stop Tech because of the tech/research they employ. I was willing to pay a premium for THAT.

When I found out, via vendor, that the Stang boys were getting the same for less I was FLOORED. Hence this post.

Why doesn't Stop Tech make a $2500-$3000 kit that gives you track performance at all four corners?

Quick Reply: Mad as hell at STOP TECH (flame suit on)